• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GB: HCA reworked radio bezel!

Just received my reworked console and Nav Pod. All I can say is WOW!
As noted in this thread, the Nav Pod was a nightmare install gone bad. I sent it to Rich at HCA and it came back like it was OEM, (see pix.) The center console got the double din treatment and it is fantastic! Both were painted satin black. *(I will get my door thinghys painted the same.)

Bottom line: If you want work done that looks like it was from the factory then Rich & Eric at HCA are the way to go. Do not go cheap on your center console. It is the center of attention of your interior.
The customer service is great at HCA. Rich always answered his phone and gave you an honest answer and kept me informed of my shipment as well.
Kudos to HCA! *Install of new stereo components tomorrow.

Regards,
6429sig_red_sm.jpg

Sky:smile:

*Before HCA:
2538965890053137009S425x425Q85.jpg

After HCA:

Navpod1.jpg

Before HCA:

2566379110053137009S425x425Q85.jpg

After HCA:

navpod2.jpg

1 More *After HCA Nav pod shots:

navpod3.jpg

Finished console:

console1.jpg

console2.jpg

Rich can you paint a JDM Nav pod to silver to match the newer silver NSX dash pretty close to perfectly? In a way that it won't peel or flake over time? I also would like a monitor mounted into it because I think I will be getting an HKS CAMPII.

Hey i have a carbon fiber console can you work with that? i have a kenwood 512 headunit

thanks!

Quy

We could. Are we painting it afterwards or polishing it? The latter will be more costly.

TURBO2GO said:
Rich can you paint a JDM Nav pod to silver to match the newer silver NSX dash pretty close to perfectly? In a way that it won't peel or flake over time? I also would like a monitor mounted into it because I think I will be getting an HKS CAMPII.

Yes we can. It will not peel or flake if taken care of. SEM paints have been known to last considerably longer than all other interior/plastic paints. Which monitor would you like? Any 7" will run you $300 mounted and shipped. We will fill the monitors' gap to fit the pod perfectly. That includes color matched paint. Please send in your bezel along so we can get an extremely close match. We also carry a variety of monitors. One monitor we could see fitting as well is a raw 8". Maybe even 9".

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

GB still active! A quick run down of options:

$325 - Single or Double DIN opening in bezel, color match upper vent piece, with any paint of your choice (custom is extra).

OPTIONS
$75/ea - Ashtray delete; Gauges in ashtray delete; Gauges with single DIN.

$50/ea - Reflock coin tray (any color); Pocket under single DIN.

$125 - Refinish door inserts and color match to bezel.

$250 - Screen mount in nav pod, plus color match to bezel (single or dual tone).

If there is anything we can offer you, or have a custom idea, please contact us by the methods below.

Thanks everyone!

Rich @ HCA
303.587.1239 Call/Text
[email protected]

I was browsing a thread in Electronics, and came across this one by MANIACura: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104260

He discusses the issues of a double din, SoS mount, and ashtray door. I say in the thread, "Noone has mentioned to me of any fitment issues", referring to our bezel/SoS bracket and ashtray door. But yanno, noone really hasnt said anything, so as far as we know, everything fit perfect.

If you have purchased a modded bezel from us, please post up your install woes. And a general update on your setup. Any feedback is encouraged!

Thanks everyone,

Rich @ HCA

Update on the ashtray door:

It DOES NOT open without mod! We thought the SoS bracket would move the radio high enough that this doesnt happen. Many have expressed that the ashtray door will not open when installed. Hondatech's ashtray doesnt open, but he doesnt use it anyways.

We will look into this further. If you have purchased a double din bezel and I havent talked to you via PM/email, please call me: 303.587.1239.

Thanks!

Rich @ HCA

Everyone - We are a little behind on our mods due to unforseen issues with paint and other projects going on. Please understand we will be on track very shortly and everyone who is waiting will be contacted by me directly when your setup ships.

If you have any questions or comments do not hesitate to call/email/pm/text. If you have left a message and I havent called you back, please PM. Some messages were somewhat hard to understand or lacking in information.

Thanks everyone!

Rich @ HCA

No - They are terrible. They will be resprayed before I post any pics. But yes, there will be some new pics here shortly.

We still need to figure out the ashtray door. Thank you Angelo for providing your SoS bracket. Hopefully I get ahold of our tester.

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

NEW PAINT UPDATE!

We will no longer offer a factory matched paint! Many may have misunderstood our painting and didnt realize the factory chrome base would be eliminated. We tried many different combinations to end up with mediocre results. Therefore we are unable to match to the factory.

All of our paints will be Satin variety (NO chrome base!). Those in this last round, that were originally set on the factory gunmetal/bronze/chrome got Satin Black instead and were more than satisfied.

As for the ashtray door, we are still trying to discover the problem. If we had a NSX here... So if someone local wants to stop by for couple hours, we can investigate ourself. It is definately odd...

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

As for the ashtray door, we are still trying to discover the problem. If we had a NSX here... So if someone local wants to stop by for couple hours, we can investigate ourself. It is definately odd...

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

Have this been resolved yet (ashtray door won't open with DD installed)? I bought the SOS single/double din HU mount and will be installing a Kenwood Excelon DNX8120 soon. I want to send you my oem center console for a DD cut out and want to keep my ashtray/lighter fully functional. Please let me know once this has been resolved, before I send you my center console for the rework.

Last edited:
Have this been resolved yet (ashtray door won't open with DD installed)? I bought the SOS single/double din HU mount and will be installing a Kendwood Excelon DNX8120 soon. I want to send you my oem center console for a DD cut out and want to keep my ashtray/lighter fully functional. Please let me know once this has been resolved, before I send you my center console for the rework.

Ditto--what he said.;)

A couple of quick questions:
1. Is the ashtray door an issue with single-DIN, or just with double-din?
2. No more factory paint match? Does that mean we can't get silver, gray, et al?
3. Still using the SEM paint?

Standing by to break the world speed record for removing and mailing bezels once I get your answer--thanks in advance... :biggrin:

yes i am also interested in color matching the body paint w/ the console trim. Is that possible? Thx

Gb closed!

NMYM, Khil - Yes we will be resolving this issue very shortly. We will have a tester left for a few days to find what the issue is, and update our mod with the new revisions. From here on, yes they will open with double dins.

daddycat - 1. Ashtray door only affects double din users. No issues with the single din. 2. Factory match paint - thats a hard one. From the beginning, I mentioned it will never contain the chrome like based featured on the bezels. We attempted it via pro and inhouse, and had average results. For any Satin color, yes, we have those. Any other colors in SEMs lineup is also doable (bit extra). Satin Black is an inhouse color. 3. Oh yes. SEM gives that lovely flat, smooth finish, other rattle cans cannot do. 8 years of using SEM, and dont plan to go anywhere (note: we also spray SEM custom mixed colors as well. It is very labor intensive and can nearly cost as much as the bezel mod itself! (paint not cheap either))

davidf - The same Satin black as on Skyguy's, DrVolkl's, and Hondatechs. I mean the factory base coat, the chrome, cannot be mimic'd. Therefore those that see a slight gray, gunmetal, bronze, will not get that effect. 2 paint pros matched 2 different shades of black. Both have Satin properties to them. We came close by painting a chrome base and satin black over it. I thought it turned out ok. It was the difficulty of laying the chrome flat. You couldnt touch it at all.

enkrypt - Sure. Depending on the color and the clear desired, it will start at $75 extra and go up from there (and depending how many pieces too).

GB Update: We are working closely with a custom fabrication shop to build a one of a kind Audi A4 for SEMA/CES. It wll feature an insane audio system and trickery everywhere you look.

Unfortunately, we will be slowing down tremedously on all our online and local projects, to prepare for the Audi. In about 2 weeks, the Audi will come and hibernate for the rest of the year.

I have talked it over with my partners, and have concluded to this. We plan to still build NSX bezels, but on a swap basis. We found a core that hopefully will have the upper vent piece and ashtray. We will build the next in line and swap ours with theirs. We hope to build 2 a month (no guarantees..).

So that means, GROUPBUY CLOSED!

I will have the definate word once the car gets here on how we will handle things. If you are interested, please contact me via PM and get on the mailing list. I will call each and everyone on it when it is available.

Thank you everyone for your growing interest and support. We will try to take care of everyone as timely as possible. Please be patient and we will deliver.

Pics of the build will be floating around when they come about. It will be an interesting 6 month build...

Thanks everyone!

Rich @ HCA

I'd actually like to send my console back and have the ash try removed and a couple of gauge openings put in.

Let me know when a good time is and how we approach this... Do I buy them first and give you measurements or what?

I'd also like to keep my lighter if possible...must be somewhere we can stick it.

Back