• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Got my NSX, from S2000 to NSX ... wow ...

maybe the euro versions of the e46 is a little more powerful than the u.s. versions. but from what i'm aware of the na2 and a e46 is a drivers races no matter what the speed is.

Not sure on U.S. vs Euro power, but we occasonally do a VMax day at a runway

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en...348&spn=0.025555,0.054932&t=h&z=14&iwloc=addr

and the M3s are always a couple of mph quicker than me (mine seems to run out of puff when I change into 6th @~160). I have subsequently added the CF air intake and taitec exhaust - I'm hoping the extra bhp will give me the edge at a future rematch.

Not sure on U.S. vs Euro power, but we occasonally do a VMax day at a runway

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en...348&spn=0.025555,0.054932&t=h&z=14&iwloc=addr

and the M3s are always a couple of mph quicker than me (mine seems to run out of puff when I change into 6th @~160). I have subsequently added the CF air intake and taitec exhaust - I'm hoping the extra bhp will give me the edge at a future rematch.

well that is awesome that you guys have run ways to make that kind of run. the m3's here have 333hp. how much power they do make over there?

The Euro E46 M3 is rated at 343 hp DIN.

The US E46 M3 is rated at 333 hp SAE.

SAE and DIN are not exactly the same. 5 of the difference results from the conversion from DIN to SAE. The other 5 is related to the emissions system and design of the cats/headers.

The US cars have the cats built into the headers and close to the block so they warm up quickly for the cold start emissions test. The Euro cars have a traditional setup.

I had a 2003.5 M3 for almost three years until I sold it this past August. I bought my current 1991 NSX about halfway through my M3 ownership.

My NSX has I/H/E and basic weight reduction. It is slightly slower 0-60 than the M3, but neck and neck above 60. They are equally matched on a road course, with different strengths.

The M3 has more low end torque, but the S54 does not rev like the C30. Although the S54 came with a redline just 100 RPM shy of the C30, the C30 feels much stronger and more eager beyond 7500 RPM. This is a fundamental disadvantage of the long crank of the inline six as compared to a V6, as exemplified by the S54 rod bearing failures.

i always thought the e46 m3's engine rev'd beautifully. when i drove my friends, i never felt any coarseness in the higher rev range and it revs quick. i never really felt any power drop off at all up top.

Well, since this Thread NEVER DIES :biggrin: I have decided to give an update on my X ... anyways, is been already ONLY 1 month and 1 week but it feels like an ETERNITY and that is amazing .. I was able to drive to many places and still I am glad that the Targa feels like a Convertible a la S2000.

Also I can say that I had a really nice drive with a friend of mine last weekend that has a GT3-RS (on empty isolated roads) and my NSX was really up to the task, he is an excellent driver (he also has a gallardo superleggera) when we were done he asked me "what do i have done on my NSX" i said just exhaust and good shifting, .. but i think is b/c coming from an S2k where you CAN NOT waste any HP from a narrow powerband driving the X on the limit it's a bit easier than the maniac S2000.

I am amazed how the NSX has enough GO, it can definitely have fun with the big boys for sure.

So far I have done:

Exterior:
• DIY my Wheels to GunMetal and H center caps (also DIY, it doesn't look rice I promise)
• Calipers Painted RED
• WW Front lip/Air dam
• Honda nsx-r Badges front/back
• Tinted Hatch/Windows

Performance:
• Arc DTS Exhaust
• Lost 10 Lbs myself :D (that's what i want to believe)

Electric:
• HID kit installed (8000k a bit blueish but not bad @ all)

Interior:
• Zanardi Floormats
• SOS Aluminum Pedals

Mandatory Weight Savings:
• Removed Engine Cover
• Removed Jack kit
• Removed Spare tire

Maintenance:
• New ceramic Brake pads front/back
• Brake fluids replaced
• New Royal Purple/Filter

... for the future, maybe around half next year, 02+ rear valance, 17/18 wheels, and some suspension, that since although low, my NSX feels a bit soft comparing with my S2k ,,, .. anyways, here are some recent pics:

6.jpg

to

DSC08692.jpg

DSC08699.jpg

DSC08700.jpg

DSC08715.jpg

DSC08756.jpg

DSC08761.jpg

DSC08767.jpg

DSC08771.jpg

how IN THE WORLD an 1989 design can look so fresh, please someone explain that ...
DSC08772.jpg

DSC08788.jpg

DSC08789.jpg

DSC08794.jpg

DSC08822.jpg

DSC08826.jpg

DSC08828.jpg

Cheers NSX guys!
Oscar

Last edited:
Ummm-UMMMM good! Loved the photos!!
Orange GT3-RS is sooo sweet - would that EVER look nice in/out of my garage beside my 2004 Imola orange NSX.........(dreaming) :biggrin:

That's really neat to see your NSX and the GT3 RS - my buddy has one just like that, orange and black. I've driven it and it's an absolutely sick car, kudos for keeping up with him.

i've never seen a orange GT3 RS before. but kudos to you on your DIY wheels, they came out fantastic.

Back