• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Greetings from LeMans, France

Hi Bob,

Actually, it's Maarten, not Martin. And looking at those pictures you took, perhaps I should have stayed a little longer :smile: Absolutely amazing!!
Took a quick drive around Paris when I left you guys, but this is even more amazing.

Sorry Martin. :wink: I blame Mark since his version of English confused me.

At least the edit feature worked in my original post.

Just got in a few moments ago after a last few hours of sightseeing. It is 4:45 am according to my body clock at the moment so I don't know whether I should be getting up or going to bed.

Last edited:
From Wei-Shen,

THANKS to everyone for a fabulous time. I'm sittting at a Best Western in Chinatown next to my favorite Malaysian Restaurant Nyonya getting reading to head to the airport to fly back to Orlando....with a Starbucks coffee in hand (that I DO miss...)

To me the most fascinating part of the trip was not the cars, or even Le Mans per see....but the amazing comradarie that we NSX owners share that truly encompasses the WORLD. Think about sitting at dinner next to the Mulsanne straight hearing French, German, Japanese, Italian, and even a little English.....breaking bread and drinking French wine while just 10 feet away you hear a motorcyle in Doppler shift roar by at 230kmh to the cheer of the entire room......cest magnifique!

To the whole Northest crew.....GREAT travelling with all of you. Would love to do it again.

I look forward to seeing everyone again at NSXPO in Portland.

Wei-Shen

Hello Rob how is going the travel back to Home?

Thanks a lot for the wonderfull pics

Andrea

Hello Rob how is going the travel back to Home?

Thanks a lot for the wonderfull pics

Andrea

The trip home was smooth and on time. The only problem is now I actually have to go back to work. But at least we have NSXPO in Portland to look forward to in a few weeks.

Thaks a lot for the wonderfull week end that give me the possibility to know the American people

Larry , joe , lud , wei , peter and rob

I realy had such good time to talk with all of you

i Hope that you liked also the bugatti tours in my NSX

Thanks a lot
Andrea

Andrea,

That was a blast! I can't thank you enough.

Joe

A few more shots of our side trip to Paris (and, once again, thanks to MAARTEN for his excellent tour leader abilities in ensuring that we arrived in Paris safely and without becoming lost).

350314993_S4oLy-XL.jpg

350315836_AJHiA-XL.jpg

350315588_EGPpP-XL.jpg

350315995_MUHYm-XL.jpg

350316518_xTyhT-L.jpg

350316434_xeiAp-XL.jpg

350316825_mfDcK-XL.jpg

350317599_NhM4b-XL.jpg

350318611_6ZJgY-XL.jpg

350318923_7f26P-XL.jpg

350318890_JBFr6-XL.jpg

350314818_8cxTd-XL.jpg

350318600_kCENh-L.jpg
350317700_CVJ5w-L.jpg

I agree absolutely. Those pictures are really AMAZING !!

My guess is that if Larry would not keep him so busy with work all the time, he would rather be a professional photographer :biggrin:
You only met him for a few minutes and you already have him "pegged". Larry is a full time job, for such a "short" situation!!!:eek:

Thank you so much for sharing wonderful pictures.

From Wei-Shen,

For me the most fascinating part of the trip was not the cars, or even Le Mans per see....but the amazing comradarie that we NSX owners share that truly encompasses the WORLD. Think about sitting at dinner next to the Mulsanne straight hearing French, German, Japanese, Italian, and even a little English.....breaking bread and drinking French wine while just 10 feet away you hear a motorcyle in Doppler shift roar by at 230kmh to the cheer of the entire room......cest magnifique!

I look forward to seeing everyone again at NSXPO in Portland.

Wei-Shen

Wei-Shen and all,

It could not have been said any better. This is what makes NSX ownership so great. Good to know we can do it all again in four weeks at NSXPO2008!!

Maybe a little less wine, and a little more beer:):).

Best Regards,
LarryB

Hey that Lambo is cheating!! Looks like he missed the apex. :wink::biggrin:

Great Pics!!

Thanks for sharing! :smile:

This is Mr. Peter Mills.

(1) Travels 1+ hour to JFK
(2) All the stuff to get on the plane
(3) He's flown to Paris 7+ hours
(4) He hunts down the Thrifty Car Rental (not at the airport) schlepping luggage all the way.
(5) He drives to Le Mans 2+ hours AFTER being stuck in a traffic jam 1 hr in Paris
(4) He checks in the hotel
(5) Took the Tram to Le Man's center with all of us to go sightseeing

All of this - many hours - a long distance with what? 1-1.5 hrs. of sleep?

Look at that smile.

ry%3D320

Thanks Pete. You are amazing.
Having this man as a friend means you're a lucky guy.

Last edited:
This has my vote as the best thread on Prime! Without a doubt the best pictures OMG! :eek::eek::eek::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: inspires me to go to Europe! wow!

RSO you are the man!

Wow, what a great trip! Bob your shots bring back some fond memories of my travels through France about 30 years ago. Last tme we were there we didn't travel so I'm getting inspired to tour again. Thanks.

Tytus

I picked up some rubber hunks from the tires left on the track under the Dunlop Arch and a couple of stones from the Mulsannes straight as souvenirs. I want to mount them on a display board.

The NSXer's over there are awesome. Marteen, Mark, Mika, Thomas, Andrea are gentlemen of the highest order.

God that was fun!

Great photos!

Bob, you're reminding me that I did not yet have a digital SLR when I made my first and only trip to Paris several years ago. Not only that, you got much nicer weather (I was there during Christmas and New Year's) and one of the towers of Notre Dame was under scaffolding (and the line was so crazy long I didn't even get to see inside).

Thank you Maarten. You're a gentleman and a scholar, and there are damn few of us left.

You're most welcome. And many thanks for the compliment indeed :smile:

pbassjo said:
The NSXer's over there are awesome. Marteen, Mark, Mika, Thomas, Andrea are gentlemen of the highest order.

I think I will speak for all overhere in saying that for us it was exactly the same the other way around. You US guys were absolutely fantastic and it was absolutely great to meet you all in person and talk about our favourite car as well as all the other subjects which came up.

Travelling with you all was a great pleasure. Just too bad it didn't last any longer than it did.

Not in the class of the submissions by Bob but here are a few of my pics.
ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

Last edited:
Back