• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy: Short(er) Antenna Replacement - Guppy Attack - ROUND 6

Easy to Install, looks really nice, but terrible signal

Anyhow, I installed one on my car and my brothers car. I left one of the washers out so that it would screw in better and get a tighter fit which made the installation a bit easier. I ordered an antenna wrench to remove the old one which also help with easy installation.

The signal on the antenna isn't very good, I would give it about 70 percent of my old antenna. I don't really mind, because I don't listen much to the radio and my radio uses bluetooth from my phone. All in all, I would intall this antenna again.

I've included a photo of the installation, the antenna tool I used to remove the old one, and the washers that I didn't use.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 103
  • NSX.jpg
    NSX.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 124
  • washer.jpg
    washer.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 100
Too late to order? PM please please.

Ritesh.

Finally Installed and looks perfect. The antennas Blue/white DC wire supposed to plug into the oem pink wire? My buddy did it and it's working great

I have the shark, but it's currently hitting my Js wing. Can I purchase the guppy and simply screw in the shorter top to the base of the shark? Thanks,

Yes, but the Guppy Base sits more Flush, I'd spend the 15 minutes to swap them out. Sorry for the Late Reply.

Man, these go quick.

Any left on hand Scorp?

Recieved mine today
7ubahe5e.jpg
thx alot now gota ride out this -40c to pass so i can install it nos there instructions or its straight forward

Are these no longer powder coated? From the looks of this picture, it appears not to be (or maybe my eyes just aren't that great?) - I've seen pictures of what looks to be a gloss black powder coated mast in earlier threads (again, if my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.)

Can Scorp/anyone verify?

- - - Updated - - -

Payment sent anyway. (Since these won't be around forever.) Figure if it isn't powder coated to my liking, it can always be done afterwards.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back