• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy: Side Bolster Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently they must somehow, Montegi says they just "tuck in" but the link to his installation instructions are defunct so maybe an existing customer can chime in.

DIY modify existing offering or wait...

My 2-pence...

- let's respect Motegi's privacy/space & let 'em chime in when they have the chance and/or inclination, FWIRC them being a very busy professional

- the original offering by Motegi tucked into the space between the side-bolsters & upper/lumbar cushion; it was a cushion'y terry type of material (textured on one side, smooth on the other) w/ a semi-rigid flat insert to hold its shape & and elastic backing to tether behind the seatback... simple, yet functional

- for those wanting a side-bolster protector, I have made some over the years w/ misc. materials (all have their +/-); basic supplies from a hobby/craft store & you're set

- I've more-or-less fine'tuned & blue-printed an offering (thru trial & error) for a bespoke side-bolster cover, the materials are very high-quality (yet cost a pittance, as-per bulk purchase) which would befit an exotic sports-car interior; but, fabricating them at a cost-effective price-point has been a challenge (very labor intensive, if done by myself & "helper" it'd take at least 2+ hours to make just one...) so, I'm now gonna once again look into this

- stay tuned

Re: DIY modify existing offering or wait...

Kewl....please let us know how it turns out!

My 2-pence...

- let's respect Motegi's privacy/space & let 'em chime in when they have the chance and/or inclination, FWIRC them being a very busy professional

- the original offering by Motegi tucked into the space between the side-bolsters & upper/lumbar cushion; it was a cushion'y terry type of material (textured on one side, smooth on the other) w/ a semi-rigid flat insert to hold its shape & and elastic backing to tether behind the seatback... simple, yet functional

- for those wanting a side-bolster protector, I have made some over the years w/ misc. materials (all have their +/-); basic supplies from a hobby/craft store & you're set

- I've more-or-less fine'tuned & blue-printed an offering (thru trial & error) for a bespoke side-bolster cover, the materials are very high-quality (yet cost a pittance, as-per bulk purchase) which would befit an exotic sports-car interior; but, fabricating them at a cost-effective price-point has been a challenge (very labor intensive, if done by myself & "helper" it'd take at least 2+ hours to make just one...) so, I'm now gonna once again look into this

- stay tuned

http://www.wattsmotoringaccessories.com/applicationguide.html

I spoke with the owner that makes the above seat "Chap" and he is going to look into making them for the NSX.

I gave him this link so he can see the level of interest in the NSX community for himself. I suggest anyone who may have an interest in this product chime in so he can see he has a marketable product with the NSX.

I'm definitely interested in something that looks good, is made of durable materials, and priced reasonably. I'm curious to find out what people are cooking up!

Just spoke with Mitch again at Auto Chaps. He will make one for the NSX but we need to get a car to him. He is located in San-Luis Obispo, CA. Is anyone close that can go by and get one measured up for us?

I just called mitch. I have a set out of the car and can get all the measurements he is looking for. I will be emailing him once i get home with them.

Arista.....I think it would be much better if we could get an actual NSX seat to Mitch so he can measure it to ensure a perfect fit. I just posted a request for help from someone in the San-Luis Obispo area in the General Discussion section. Here is the link:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1564770#post1564770

Your thoughts?

Arista.....I think it would be much better if we could get an actual NSX seat to Mitch so he can measure it to ensure a perfect fit. I just posted a request for help from someone in the San-Luis Obispo area in the General Discussion section. Here is the link:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1564770#post1564770

Your thoughts?

while on the phone with him he said it would be fine. I will be taking pictures with measuring tapes for exacts. He didnt have any issue with it. By all means if you have a car able to go there then obviously go for it. I will have him the stuff tonight though.

You are the man! Thanks a million Arista! I am excited to get one! Any idea how long it will take????

while on the phone with him he said it would be fine. I will be taking pictures with measuring tapes for exacts. He didnt have any issue with it. By all means if you have a car able to go there then obviously go for it. I will have him the stuff tonight though.

You are the man! Thanks a million Arista! I am excited to get one! Any idea how long it will take????

my part will be done in about 2 hours when i get home. I have no idea on his turn around. He didnt make it seem like it would take long though.

I just called him and he said turn-around time willl be short. Mitch told me it would help him "Dial it in" if someone could come by with an NSX after he makes one off Arista's measurements.

Can anyone near San-Luis Obispo held out????

my part will be done in about 2 hours when i get home. I have no idea on his turn around. He didnt make it seem like it would take long though.

Nice Job Big Boy!!! I knew you'd run with this!!! with our Onyx interiors you wont even notice it...:biggrin:

Nice Job Big Boy!!! I knew you'd run with this!!! with our Onyx interiors you wont even notice it...:biggrin:

:wink:

I sent the pictures and such last night. Left him an email/VM regarding them to let me know if he needs anything else..

Good man! Thanks a million!

Thank you very much arista5!

Looking forward to what the guy has to say about leadtime and pricing.

Arista...have you heard anymore on when these will be ready to go?

I just spoke with Mike(Arista5)about this yesterday...He said the gentleman from Auto Chaps would prefer seeing and measuring the seats in person. He's located in Ca....Mitch's Stitches 1331 Walker St San Luis Obispo California 93401

Any locals want to volunteer?

Guys.....what are we going to do to get these made? I am in Phoenix and cannot help.

he has all the measurements but rather than send them back/forth to NY it would be easier to do the final fit in SLO California.

I am up for the shipping back/forth if no can do though

I have asked some Primers from the SoCal area to assist in case they know anyone up that way.

Any chance of getting tan/camel versions for those of us with lighter seats ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back