• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GT Design GT Extreme Muffler in stock at Umbrella Auto Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, in the video with the yellow nsx they are demonstrating the removable section, however they have not released any replacements sections to the public yet.

With oem cats in place the exhaust is not overly loud but as you get into the throttle the volume will increase.

Thanks

Rav

yea i have top speed F1 headers and random tech cats that I plan on using if I decide to get this exhaust... So I'm sure it will be pretty freaking loud lol :redface:

How do the other guys in cali get away with loudness?
vancehu, nsxsupra?
they run loud exhausts with test pipes

How do the other guys in cali get away with loudness?
vancehu, nsxsupra?
they run loud exhausts with test pipes

haha I'm not sure... I was stopped by a cop once because my ARK DTS exhaust was "too loud"... this was on the freeway, 2nd gear, as I was trying to pass someone... so it got the attention of the cop.. :rolleyes:

cops......always lurking around to catch someone.

Last edited:
cops......always lurking around to catch someone.

haha nice edit .. :) Can we get a video of in cabin sound, and just cruising around? Not WOT... (like trying to be quiet and not wake up the whole city) thx!

Last edited:
yea i have top speed F1 headers and random tech cats that I plan on using if I decide to get this exhaust... So I'm sure it will be pretty freaking loud lol :redface:

Definitely!!!:biggrin:

:tongue::tongue:

Matt 337 Any word on a video of your ride? :biggrin:

I don't have the car. It's currently with my mechanic getting a bunch of stuff added and its annual maintenance items taken care of.

I've been promising Ravi I would have something for him. I'll do my best to get something done Sunday but the weather is crap here in Houston this week.

I don't have the car. It's currently with my mechanic getting a bunch of stuff added and its annual maintenance items taken care of.

I've been promising Ravi I would have something for him. I'll do my best to get something done Sunday but the weather is crap here in Houston this week.

Cool man I bet you can't wait to get her back home right? :) I know the feeling... it will be worth it! Can't wait to see pics / vids when its done! :cool:

Honestly, I'm not all that excited about getting the car back. As it turns out, my custom ordered Fikses don't clear the Brembos in the rear so now I have to get the tires unmounted and am shipping them back to Fikse to get new centers made with a better offset (I'm still fuming right now because my salesman over there is no longer there and he's the one who guaranteed fitment with a BBK). And the kicker is I still have to pay some amount to get this done.
Spent the better part of yesterday morning running around looking for a 5mm spacer so my mechanic could get the wheels on the car.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm not all that excited about getting the car back. As it turns out, my custom ordered Fikses don't clear the Brembos in the rear so now I have to get the tires unmounted and am shipping them back to Fikse to get new centers made with a better offset (I'm still fuming right now because my salesman over there is no longer there and he's the one who guaranteed fitment with a BBK). And the kicker is I still have to pay some amount to get this done.
Spent the better part of yesterday morning running around looking for a 5mm spacer so my mechanic could get the wheels on the car.

I have 2 5mm spacers if u want them... I have no use for them anymore since I have my volks... unless you already found some?

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble w/ the ride. It will be worth it when you get it back with all the new mods! :eek: Cant wait to see pics & vids! :)

Hey Ravi, last question I promise! LoL - Are these mufflers year specific? :redface:

Hey Ravi, last question I promise! LoL - Are these mufflers year specific? :redface:

Hi, the Gt Extreme is a direct bolt on for 1991-1996 NSX, and 1997-2005 NSX with adapter pipes(sold separatly)

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to answer all of them:smile:

Thanks

Rav

Hi, the Gt Extreme is a direct bolt on for 1991-1996 NSX, and 1997-2005 NSX with adapter pipes(sold separatly)

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to answer all of them:smile:

Thanks

Rav

:) So does anyone have vids with this exhaust w/ cats installed? I wonder if the raspiness will go away if there's cats used instead of test pipes? Let me know thx :)

Last edited:
ravi are you sure it has OEM cats? sounds like it has headers/test pipes/and the gt extreme exhaust obviously.

Yup it has cats I did the install.

you can definitely tell... compare the video of the yellow NSX and then the red one...... the yellow one is more raspy with the test pipes... I like the sound from the OEM cats. I'm sure my random tech cats would sound a little different... :)

yah, that's right...had to watch a couple times to get the sound of it. but it's hard to compare sometimes through videos...sometimes video cameras pick up the sound too much and sometimes they don't pick up at all.

Helo everyone, here are a few pics of the GT Extreme muffler with optional single tips. This option is available free of charge if you prefer it to the standard quad tips.

Rav:smile:

hey ravi, are both sides of this exhaust equal lengths? :redface: Thx

Helo everyone, here are a few pics of the GT Extreme muffler with optional single tips. This option is available free of charge if you prefer it to the standard quad tips.

Rav:smile:

Order placed for the NA1 single tips..... *Sigh* time for bed hahah :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back