• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GT-One Front End Conversion

The paint does look pretty good; I was told to not use a car cover for 2 days, and I intend to have it clear bra'd in 3 weeks.

I dont know how long there paint takes to cure but is three weeks long enough ? I know one poor fella whos paint came right off when they peeled the clear bra back.

I dont know how long there paint takes to cure but is three weeks long enough ? I know one poor fella whos paint came right off when they peeled the clear bra back.

Factory paint can be clearbraed immediately due the out gassing being complete due to the paint being baked. After-market paint jobs should take about 30 days to fully out gas, during this time, the Paint should only be washed with water at low pressure, no soap, no wax. After the 30 days are up, the paint should not be soft anymore and it can be clearbraed.

Any change of the car showing up at SCA tomorrow?

From the pic that look like Rick. I am surprised you are able to get him to paint for you within such short period of time. Look like they took care of you afterall. People usually have to schedule weeks if not months ahead of time.

Any change of the car showing up at SCA tomorrow?

From the pic that look like Rick. I am surprised you are able to get him to paint for you within such short period of time. Look like they took care of you afterall. People usually have to schedule weeks if not months ahead of time.

It might make next month's SCA meeting... for now, it is resting in the garage... I will see you tomorrow in my tt :cool:

:)

Attachments

• 15800.jpg
    15800.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 421
  • 7900.jpg
    7900.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 348
  • 9500.jpg
    9500.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 437
  • 6500.jpg
    6500.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 578
any new pictures of the conversion?

how is the fitment?

im looking into gt and downforce, leaning toward downfoce even tho it is more expensive, because they are local.

I've just bought the Downforce Full +02 Conversion - price is a wee bit high but everyone raves about the quality which is what I'm looking for.

Thats the first and only time i've ever seen that done. Thats crazy! (in a cool way of course!)

I see the car acura dealers do that all the time in K.C.

any new pictures of the conversion?

how is the fitment?

im looking into gt and downforce, leaning toward downfoce even tho it is more expensive, because they are local.

The fit of the parts (bumper, hood, lip) is good, as for the headlights, I would lean towards oem, unless you want to use them as a base for custom headlights, as I have done.

I have some final parts 'in the mail', I should have some good pictures in the next 2-3 weeks, of the completed car - I will post an update then.

Back