• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GT Spec Rear 4-Point Brace, Front Lower Brace, Rear Lower Brace - IN STOCK / GB

Looks great.

I'm not a fan of the blue either, but getting these bars powdercoated is pretty cheap, considering as well the initial minimal investment to buy one of the bars :)

For those of you still interested in purchasing, I have 8 MORE SETS ON ORDER AVAILABLE, Should be here in about 1 month or less..

CALL US TO ORDER, THX.

Could you please check to see when you'll be receiving these...

Hello again NSX1145,
I have sent through many unanswered private messages -- would you please let me know when the front lower brace will be available and include freight costs? TYSAMA

I have all of them already but the 4 point above the engine I cut the tips off since with I could not put my engine cover on and it was ripping my rubber seal. So I cut off about 2 inches and drilled a new hole for a bolt and had it go under the lip so my cover remains Orem instill you lift it.

Makes the engine look better

Well, just got an email from GT Spec rep, not so good news....Apparently they had some internal production problem with making this run for us. The shipment was rescheduled for next month :( They did not say what the day was, but that they apologize for keeping us waiting so long. But they will be here before we know it.

Our delayed order from GT SPEC has finally arrived! Those of you who have pre-ordered, yours will be shipping today.

For those of you still interested in these products I have more available to ship as we ordered over what the pre-order quantity was so I have a few of each bar left.

I have not installed them so I cannot comment on my own experience, but they are comparable to the NSX-R braces. If the NSX-R has similar braces, there must be a good reason :)

Can anyone comment (via PM if necessary) on how the 4 point brace compares to some of the other braces available for targas? I'm loving my engine cover soon and have the STMPO targa brace currently. Thanks in advance!

I have all of them already but the 4 point above the engine I cut the tips off since with I could not put my engine cover on and it was ripping my rubber seal. So I cut off about 2 inches and drilled a new hole for a bolt and had it go under the lip so my cover remains Orem instill you lift it.

Makes the engine look better

Can you post a pic please?

Can anyone comment (via PM if necessary) on how the 4 point brace compares to some of the other braces available for targas? I'm loving my engine cover soon and have the STMPO targa brace currently. Thanks in advance!

The STMPO connects the top of the two rear struts, plus to a reinforced section of the firewall where the OEM brace was originally mounted.
The GT-Spec 4 point brace connects the top two rear struts (good) and to the original brackets that hold the engine cover in place (questionable, IMO). That position was not originally designed to take any sort of body flex forces if you think about it. It was designed to hold a movable cover in place that does not connect to the body or frame in any other position nor is it used in any way to reduce flex. The OEM cover just passively sits there.
Whether it has been stress tested on those brackets and proven to actually perform better than the OEM or other aftermarket pieces, I'll leave it up to others.

On the flipside, the piece does look really good though.

Last edited:

This bar is intended to remove the targa cover. Remember, you can easily stow the roof panel in the trunk if needed, so there is no need to keep the targa cover.

Back