• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GTR... Can't do it

For those who say the R35 is not a good looking car, I say at least it looks imposing, especially when lowered on nice wheels:
281172_498266996850780_78363916_o.jpg

I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder but cars like the NSX or GTR, you either love it or hate it.

I love them both - it's like asking me to pick basketball or bowling :)
Rick, I still can't get over how much into bowling you are! Learn something new everyday :biggrin:

It's imposing allright... It's always imposing on everyone's sense of good taste.

Hahahaha... I kid I kid...

Let me tell you something John, as much as I bitch about its looks, I'd take your keys and be gone in a heartbeat. You don't need to be pretty when you have a set of Cojones like a silverback gorilla.

Yeah it's not pretty but it will beat your ass and take your lunch money. Send you crying home to your mommy.

For Pete's sake guys, no one buys a GTR because of its looks. A couple of thousands are sold every year to people who want the car for what it does to them when sitting in the drivers seat, not when walking around it in a garage in the evening or standing in a parking lot gossiping with other owners. I have owned mine for 4 years and have always been in awe of what it does to me (and to others) from the drivers seat. Whether you are at a red traffic light, in the canyons or on the race track it delivers like no other car; and for that level of performance, it is attractively affordable. You want " beauty " and your back strocked for standing pretty, buy a used F or L car, a used Vantage, Jag etc or a cute dinosaur like our beloved NSX :) you're serious about performance, buy a GTR. It will satisfy you to a point when it will start to look pretty

True but supercar ownership is about the experience, and Ferrari knows this well. So it all matters... Performance, sound, and looks.... The GTR is heavily tilted in one of those areas. It's the fact that it is so good in one that you wish it had been just a litte better in the others...

It is what it is after all though, that's why they make different cars for different people.

If I was The Transporter.... My car would be a silver GTR. A few mods and the only thing you'll catch when chasing it is a lung full of diluted exhaust fumes.

Last edited:
On the subject of Ferraris, I saw 2 this week.
One 360 parked by the highway and one 430 parked on the bridge - both with hazard lights blinking ...

On the subject of Ferraris, I saw 2 this week.
One 360 parked by the highway and one 430 parked on the bridge - both with hazard lights blinking ...

Maybe the owners were getting laid. LOL

It's imposing allright... It's always imposing on everyone's sense of good taste.

Hahahaha... I kid I kid...

Let me tell you something John, as much as I bitch about its looks, I'd take your keys and be gone in a heartbeat. You don't need to be pretty when you have a set of Cojones like a silverback gorilla.

Yeah it's not pretty but it will beat your ass and take your lunch money. Send you crying home to your mommy.

Best post ever coming from the one who don't like GTR :biggrin:

Amazing is the fact when this thread started I didn't like the r35, but now I own one! Thanks for convincing me :D

Congrats on your new ride! How do you like your GTR so far? I fell in love with mine not too long ago but now I'm selling it, it's so weird.

Thanks. Love it. The look grows on me. I love the way it looks and the way it owns everything around it. I do the afterlook every time I park it. My wife told me last night it's now her favorite car out of everything I've ever owned, including the NSX :)

Any aftermarket parts you wanna sell on yours?

Best post ever coming from the one who don't like GTR :biggrin:

Hey I never said I didn't like it. I just said I can't get myself to get rid of my NSX for it. There is a big difference.

Oyagi, yeah my wife she likes the GTR too, she told me not to sell it because she wants to drive it to work everyday :eek:. Sorry I don't want to part my parts out, mainly just midpipe downpipe and a AP500 Cobb tune. But I do have a set of Stillen Side Skirt removed from my GTR if you're interested? It is painted with factory code to match the front and rear oem pieces and they are in MINT condition. These side skirts fit and finished top notch but you have to be creative when you install them to keep them from sagging.

No man I wasn't trying to make fun or be mean, I like a lot of MB's and now his post added to my knowledge base, but it's was just a a funny post because I just can't understand how it related to the conversation. Hlakhani I hope you know I was just kidding with my comments.

no worries. i think i forgot to quote a post above from someone recommending an E550 over an E63 :) agreed it wasn't on topic (just like this comment) but that's what happens when I only visit threads every couple of weeks.

back on topic:
for those who now have a GTR and DIDN'T already sell your NSXs prior to the purchase, who'd consider trading one in?

Been in Japan for the last 2 weeks visiting relatives and friends in different regions of the country, so far I've seen several R35's (CBA's as well as DBA's mostly in white) as well as a few R34's (white and gunmetal) and a single NSX (pre 2002) light metallic blue.

The R35 is a bit too impractical for the local market way too wide for most of the mountain roads, the R34 is better suited, the NSX is kind of a K-car in comparison to the other two.

I'm currently in the Kansai region where the car culture should be the most active and yet I have not seen many interesting cars (I'm excluding those VIP look vehicles and wanna be gangsta cars) The most interesting car that I've seen so far is a late 1980's early 1990's LHD Lancia Integrale (WRC lookalike).

Been in Japan for the last 2 weeks visiting relatives and friends in different regions of the country, so far I've seen several R35's (CBA's as well as DBA's mostly in white) as well as a few R34's (white and gunmetal) and a single NSX (pre 2002) light metallic blue.

The R35 is a bit too impractical for the local market way too wide for most of the mountain roads, the R34 is better suited, the NSX is kind of a K-car in comparison to the other two.

I'm currently in the Kansai region where the car culture should be the most active and yet I have not seen many interesting cars (I'm excluding those VIP look vehicles and wanna be gangsta cars) The most interesting car that I've seen so far is a late 1980's early 1990's LHD Lancia Integrale (WRC lookalike).
I agree. The R35 is built in a scale more suited to North American tastes. I've always thought the NSX was perfectly low and and wide until you see it parked next to a Corvette or Viper which makes it suddenly look small like an MR2. :) The 32-34 were not big cars, though big by jdm standards.

I like the Integrales. A lot in Japan and quite a few coming over to Canada now.

Oh cool idea, lets make this into a R35 photo thread :)

Here's more of mine from yesterday:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350649702.832942.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350649731.461394.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350649771.210437.jpg
Met up with my NSX friends last week
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350649792.761217.jpg

Check out virtual works racing from Las Vegas. He does some really nice looking parts for the gtr and other cars. I asked him about pricing and he's going to e mail me a list of what he makes.

I have now looked at mine in my garage for over 4 years and still think it is one of the estethically ugliest cars I have ever owned..... but from the driver's seat, it has been one of the best, probably the most satisfying driver car I have been fortunate to own.

I have now looked at mine in my garage for over 4 years and still think it is one of the estethically ugliest cars I have ever owned..... but from the driver's seat, it has been one of the best, probably the most satisfying driver car I have been fortunate to own.

What other cars have you owned? Because as I said the dual clutch is great for track use. But I prefer a manual for driving pleasure. Talking about this makes me want to go hammer on the NSX right now lol

Back