• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Have No Key Fabs For 95-t Security Sys. How Do I Get My Sys Working?

Can I Swap Out A Salvage Module And Fabs? Is Somewhere With The Vin And Serial Of Security Module I Can Get The Fabs. I'm Told Kenwood Does Not Support The Sys Anymore. Any Suggestions?

Last edited:
I assume the 95 system is the non-programmable remote/keyless system like one that came out with the 1991?

If so, you can "code up" existing used remotes...it's not easy and may require excellent soldering skills, but it CAN be done. You have to take apart each remote and add/cut leads on the circuit board.

This is a situation where you have to tell us how much time and/or money you are willing to throw at the problem and your skill level.

If you are not willing to throw a decent amount of time and money at the problem: Get an aftermarket system that patches into OEM security unit...simple, quick and cheap.

If it were me I would try interfacing a new OEM keyless, followed by reviving the existing keyless.

It would be better to get a aftermarket unit. And have it installed correcty. With the prices of two ways droping a lil you should go that route.When you get a aftermarket alarm make sure you add a back up battery to it. Unlike the factory alarm which is connected to yor oem battery. when they go to unplug the factory battery to get into the car. The aftermarket alarm will have a backup battery and will sound the alarm and keep your kill switchs working while the battery is unpluged

Note that the OP did not actually say that that the car already has (had) an OEM keyless installed, just that he has no remotes - I suspect he is just assuming that the fobs are simply missing.
Chances are it never had a keyless system (which is an option) so possibly not even the brain is there (i.e. no point in worrying about reprogramming remotes if there is nothing to program to)

For the OP - please note that keyless entry & security system (alarm) are not the same thing - all NSX have the security system but the Keyless was an optional extra - either when car purchased new or as a later add-on.

The aftermarket alarm will have a backup battery and will sound the alarm and keep your kill switches working while the battery is unplugged

You can avoid all that with a normally open (NO) alarm. Unless the alarm is actively happy: no go. You can cycle the power all day long and it just won't matter.

The vast majority are normally closed (NC), so you have to look for the NO variety. Pulling the fuse on a NC alarm effectively bypasses any useful effect of the alarm.

Drew

Note that the OP did not actually say that that the car already has (had) an OEM keyless installed, just that he has no remotes - I suspect he is just assuming that the fobs are simply missing.

Good point. (though I clearly stated I was assUming :) )

Yeah, Security Unit and Keyless Entry module are completely different!!!

I would assume ;) that most NSX's do not have the OEM Keyless.

Back