• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

header group buy...anyone? vendors?

I have no preference on who makes the headers as long as the quality is good. It isn't even necessary that they are polished.

Cool, nice to see more people joining in.

Here's the updated list so far...

1. Veleno - Taitec ('92)
2. Olde Gye - Comptech ('94)
3. Jeff A - Comptech ('91)
4. Uspeed757 - Taitec ('93)
5. kkt - Comptech ('94)
6. NSXBOX - Interested ('92, what brand header did you want?)
7. Mick - Either one
8. Miggady - Taitec ('94)
9. EIFFEL - Taitec ('91)
10. VBNSX - Either one ('91)
11. rjp - Comptech ('95)

Chris(SoS), can you give us any more info on your upcoming special? I'm sure we wouldn't mind waiting if we knew the deal was going to be worth it. How soon is soon?

either one..depending on price difference..

bsudiro said:
If it's close to $1200, I'd be interested in a Comptech header ... I have a '92 ..

Thanks .. Gus

Im borderline on getting a set of CT for a 94. If you can get it down to $1200, it would make my decision easier :D

-- Joe

Any update ??

cleatus said:
I dont care for the brand, as long as i get good looks and performance.
Hey cleatus, do you park your car on a hoist or do you plan on leaving your car upside-down at some stage when there are lots of people around? 'Cause there about the only times you'll ever see the headers on a NSX!! :D

Sorry mate, couldn't resist that one... It's just that your the first person I have heard say that the headers must have "good looks"... But you may be building a show car for all I know.... so no offence intended...

I agree with you on the performance aspect though!... So I'm interested in this GB as well....

I'm interested in performance and build quality first, material and weight second and looks last! (Hey it's the personality that counts right?). Anyway, back to the topic...

I want one and I have the following preferences for my '93....

1. Fujitsubo SuperEx
2. Comptech
3. TAITEC GT
4. DC Sports

Updated Count

Here's the updated list so far...

1. Veleno……………………………………………..........Taitec ('92)
2. Olde Guy……………………..Comptech ('94)
3. Jeff A………………………...Comptech ('91)
4. Uspeed757………………………………………..........Taitec ('93)
5. kkt……………………………..Comptech ('94)
6. NSXBOX…….Either ('92)
7. Mick………….Either
8. Miggady…………………………………………............Taitec ('94)
9. EIFFEL……………………………………………............Taitec ('91)
10. VBNSX……...Either ('91)
11. rjp……………………………...Comptech ('95)
12. bsudiro………………………...Comptech (’92)
13. JoeSchmoe…………………..Comptech (’94)
14. nsxr097………Either
15. cleatus……….Either (‘91)
16. AU NSX…….Either (’93)
17. NSXMF………………………………………….. ...........Taitec GT
18. Fastrunner…………………….Comptech (’92)

TOTAL: Comptech – 7 Taitec – 5 Either – 6 = 18

Guys, I just got mine together tonight after a DIY install and am very pleased with the performance gain. Its not huge, but you can definitely feel the difference. Good luck finding a vendor. PM me if you decide to DIY and I can help any.

Mark

I'm interested. Uncertain on which model would be better for my application though as I am doing a BBSC project.

Tim

Re: COMPTECH HEADER from NOPI

OLDE GUY said:
ACURA NSX 1991 - 1994

*NOPI Stainless Steel Headers by COMPTECH

Part Number: 251+2352

Polished Stainless Steel Header - TIG Welded

$1,799.00 from Comptech.com

NOPI PRICE $1,494.65

http://www.nopi.com/2004/default.cfm

I guess you missed my post #32 where I posted the same thing.

Nopi Group Buy For Comptech Headers

Please see new thread that I just posted 9/13/04.

Last edited:
possible group buy...

hmmm, I'm interested in aftermarket headers as well as one of my in-towne friends. We both have '91 5spds. He is in the process of working out a deal for a group buy & distribution of NSX stainless steel ( ? ) headers. I don't have anymore details, but I will post an update and more information for you guys ASAP (within 1-2days) on this thread. :cool:

Comptech Headers $1,375 + $25 Shipping For Everyone

Clint at NOPI says that he doesn't need 10 buyers. He has visited the NSXPrime website, seen the interest and is offering this price to anyone.
Clint said: "I'm not worried about the numbers, just call me."

Total Price Shipped is $1,400

Call NOPI at: 800 277-6674 Ext 278 (don't lissen to the message just dial the extension)

I bought mine!

Last edited:
Back