• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Headers?

Re: Headers???

Depends, i have the top speed headers and they are known to leak where the collector meet the runners. But i do have first gen i believe. Im sure they have fixed this issue with the latest version. Decend headers. I dont like obx, so no way its going on the X, civic is ok. U can browse the Parts f sale section, i think there are some comptech headers on there.

you get what you pay for. headers from Ebay I am not a fan of maybe its ok for a chevy or ford not for our beloved NSX

those look really cool, but they dont show a Dyno of the increase or anything,

when they say header and wires included, HUhh? do you mean the O2 sensor wire extension?

if you want to put cheap headers on your NSX instead of getting the proven top dollar one its your car

I say just wait till you have enough for the bad ass headers.

in the long run you will thank me

Last edited:

These Top Speed Headers are simply a knock off the Original DC Sports header which was made in China. It is a great deal and from what I have gathered, it is well made too. If you have a NA1, go for it, you can't beat the price. I do have a feeling the price will continue to decline since there are fewer buyers now.

Depends, i have the top speed headers and they are known to leak where the collector meet the runners. But i do have first gen i believe. Im sure they have fixed this issue with the latest version. Decend headers. I dont like obx, so no way its going on the X, civic is ok. U can browse the Parts f sale section, i think there are some comptech headers on there.

That issue had indeed been remedied.

I can have a set delivered to you for $625. LMK...

RM Racing headers are the best simple from the fact that they have the largest collectors at 2.5".

Please explain your reasoning here.

That issue had indeed been remedied.

I can have a set delivered to you for $625. LMK...

Good deal. I had a set of TS headers on my '91 and they were great. No issues.

FWIW

I am running TS headers right now too and no problems. However I just bought some Comptech headers because they match better with the new exhaust I bought.

Hey fellas I'm trying to do the whole header, test pipe, and exhaust setup. I have a '05. I will make a decision in a couple days, but I think I will do the pride v2 and still wondering about the headers. :confused:

Has anyone done a dyno on the TS Headers, what kind of gains?

I appreciate everyone that has responded and it looks like everyone has very positive feedbacks:biggrin:.

you get what you pay for. headers from Ebay I am not a fan of maybe its ok for a chevy or ford not for our beloved NSX

those look really cool, but they dont show a Dyno of the increase or anything,

when they say header and wires included, HUhh? do you mean the O2 sensor wire extension?

if you want to put cheap headers on your NSX instead of getting the proven top dollar one its your car

I say just wait till you have enough for the bad ass headers.

in the long run you will thank me

I was thinking the same thing!!!:smile: Thats why I was afraid to get them.

One thing I'm always curious about with these knock offs is they type of steel they use. When you buy JDM NSX stuff, they always disclosed the type of metal they use. That to me is a big deal.

Hey fellas I'm trying to do the whole header, test pipe, and exhaust setup. I have a '05. I will make a decision in a couple days, but I think I will do the pride v2 and still wondering about the headers. :confused:

Has anyone done a dyno on the TS Headers, what kind of gains?

I appreciate everyone that has responded and it looks like everyone has very positive feedbacks:biggrin:.
From previous discussions here, 05 headers flow quite well. I believe there were even comparisons between the two with miminal gains over stock.

From previous discussions here, 05 headers flow quite well. I believe there were even comparisons between the two with miminal gains over stock.

Agreed. I have the NA2 in my car and they are great. You even get heat shields! :)

I have those headers on my 92 since 2009 (30000 km) and no problem so far :smile:
Very pleased for the money :eek:

One thing I'm always curious about with these knock offs is they type of steel they use. When you buy JDM NSX stuff, they always disclosed the type of metal they use. That to me is a big deal.

We use T304 Stainless Steel with TIG weld, all mandrel bend pipe, and all edges are ported to ensure smooth flow. Excellent quality and finish at a nice price.

These are "plug & play" ready to bolt on & go.

Last edited:
Quick update:

Since inquiries are coming in, and upon checking our stock, we have now sold out of the NA1 headers. :(

I only have NA2 headers in stock right now, but we plan to have more NA1 headers in stock by September.

I will post on update on this thread when more NA1 headers arrive.

We do still have the cold air intake kit (w/ a choice of air filter) and oil catch tank, like on our '91 NSX, as well as a polished steel rear strut bar – race version, currently available.

RM Racing headers are the best simple from the fact that they have the largest collectors at 2.5".

The two best headers are the GT-one F1 header and the Fujitsubo header, with the GT-One F1 being the only true equal length pipe header on the market. The RM racing is not the best because of it's collector. Lovefab also makes a great header. These aren't cheap. Fujitsubo and GT-one are $3000 ($6000 for Ti)

img093.jpg

Last edited:

The two best headers are the GT-one F1 header and the Fujitsubo header, with the GT-One F1 being the only true equal length pipe header on the market. The RM racing is not the best because of it's collector.

The effectiveness of equal length header tubes is widely debated.

Assuming that a header is otherwise properly designed (and many headers are not), equal length primary tubes offer some benefits that are not present with unequal length tubes. The benefits are smoother engine operation, tuning simplicity and increased low-to-mid range torque.

If the header tubes are not equal length (most commercial headers are not equal length), both inertial scavenging and wave scavenging will vary among engine cylinders, often dramatically. This, in turn, causes different tuning requirements for different cylinders. These variations affect air/fuel mixtures and timing requirements, and can make it very difficult to achieve optimal tuning. Equal length header tubes eliminate these exhaust-induced difficulties.

If a header is otherwise properly designed for it’s application, equal length header tubes are, of necessity, longer than unequal length tubes. The lengths of both primary and collector tubes strongly influence the location of the torque peak(s) within the powerband. In street and track performance engines, longer header tubes typically produce more low-to-mid range torque than shorter tubes and it is torque that moves a vehicle. This begs the question... Where in the powerband do you want to maximize torque?

In order to keep the torque curve the same for all cylinders, it is important that primary pipes be equal in length. Exactly how equal they have to be is more critical on uncorked race cars than for the vast majority of mild-engined street cars running through mufflers. In most applications, pipe length deviation of 2 to 3 inches on a set of full-length headers is not a problem.

As high pressure forces that gas toward an area of lower atmospheric pressure at the end of the headers, it creates an expanding vacuum in the primary pipes. At the collector, the gases suddenly hit an area of much larger volume, which causes them to slow down. At the same time, the vacuum draws a refracted wave back up the primary back toward the engine. Since all 3 pipes at one bank of the engine meet at the collector, a wave might move back up one or more of the other 2 primaries, which enhances the scavenging in the correlating cylinders. Collector size is as important as primary size, and just like with primaries, exhaust moves faster through smaller-diameter collectors. The length of the collector affects the torque curve in the same way as primary length--a longer collector improves low-rpm torque.

The effectiveness of equal length header tubes is widely debated.

Assuming that a header is otherwise properly designed (and many headers are not), equal length primary tubes offer some benefits that are not present with unequal length tubes. The benefits are smoother engine operation, tuning simplicity and increased low-to-mid range torque.

If the header tubes are not equal length (most commercial headers are not equal length), both inertial scavenging and wave scavenging will vary among engine cylinders, often dramatically. This, in turn, causes different tuning requirements for different cylinders. These variations affect air/fuel mixtures and timing requirements, and can make it very difficult to achieve optimal tuning. Equal length header tubes eliminate these exhaust-induced difficulties.

If a header is otherwise properly designed for it’s application, equal length header tubes are, of necessity, longer than unequal length tubes. The lengths of both primary and collector tubes strongly influence the location of the torque peak(s) within the powerband. In street and track performance engines, longer header tubes typically produce more low-to-mid range torque than shorter tubes and it is torque that moves a vehicle. This begs the question... Where in the powerband do you want to maximize torque?

In order to keep the torque curve the same for all cylinders, it is important that primary pipes be equal in length. Exactly how equal they have to be is more critical on uncorked race cars than for the vast majority of mild-engined street cars running through mufflers. In most applications, pipe length deviation of 2 to 3 inches on a set of full-length headers is not a problem.

As high pressure forces that gas toward an area of lower atmospheric pressure at the end of the headers, it creates an expanding vacuum in the primary pipes. At the collector, the gases suddenly hit an area of much larger volume, which causes them to slow down. At the same time, the vacuum draws a refracted wave back up the primary back toward the engine. Since all 3 pipes at one bank of the engine meet at the collector, a wave might move back up one or more of the other 2 primaries, which enhances the scavenging in the correlating cylinders. Collector size is as important as primary size, and just like with primaries, exhaust moves faster through smaller-diameter collectors. The length of the collector affects the torque curve in the same way as primary length--a longer collector improves low-rpm torque.

Okay, I see no mention of your FD or GTO. And no typical abbreviated word - "ur." So which exhaust tuning theory textbook did you copy and paste that from? :biggrin:

EDIT: I'm just giving you a hard time.

Back