• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Headers?

Re: Headers???

Okay, I see no mention of your FD or GTO. And no typical abbreviated word - "ur." So which exhaust tuning theory textbook did you copy and paste that from? :biggrin:

EDIT: I'm just giving you a hard time.

you cyber stalker you...... :biggrin:

Are these NA2 headers 97-99 or 00-05, because the headers are slightly different between those two?

I checked...we have been selling these for both application year brackets that you mentioned...with no issues.

Also, I was informed that ours are equal length tubes. :)

Depends, i have the top speed headers and they are known to leak where the collector meet the runners. But i do have first gen i believe. Im sure they have fixed this issue with the latest version. Decend headers. I dont like obx, so no way its going on the X, civic is ok. U can browse the Parts f sale section, i think there are some comptech headers on there.
No offense but I feel like this is typical forum group-think mentality going on again :). I'd like to hear about actual top speed accordion joints failing. Though I remember one member swap it out preemptively. Had mine for over 3 yrs with no issues.

Last edited:
Also, I was informed that ours are equal length tubes. :)

They are only that way on one bank. All 6 are not equal. It is 3 and 3, which is how all NSX headers are except the GT-One.

No offense but I feel like this is typical forum group-think mentality going on again :). I'd like to hear about actual top speed accordion joints failing. Though I remember one member swap it out preemptively. Had mine for over 3 yrs with no issues.

OK -- I installed my TopSpeed headers 3 years and 4 months ago and have put ~28,000 miles on them. There is no evidence of any cracking at either of the accordion joints. I have never had a bit of an issue with them, and the install was also without issue (everything lined up perfectly.)

Just made this video on Saturday. Our '91 NSX with Top Speed headers & intake kit w/ oil catch tank, and a Pride catback exhaust.

http://vimeo.com/26833869

I have driven the car without the headers (exhaust & intake only), but the headers REALLY add to the sound!

Re: Headers - clarification

The NA1 technically was 91-96 (3.0L) and they all had 3.2L from 97 on, but the headers we carry fit 91-94 or 95-05.

We do currently have the headers for 95-05 in stock.

RM Racing headers are the best simple from the fact that they have the largest collectors at 2.5".

Only flaw (which is easily corrected at a muffler shop) is that the O2 bungs need to be relocated at the collector instead of the individual exhaust ports.

I have RM headers on my 91. Smog tech told me it won't pass because of bad O2 sensor placement. Can it be relocated with headers on the car or do I have to remove them?

are there any dyno results from the top speed headers? I would like to see some. They sound like a great deal, but I want to see the power increase.
then I also recall some cutting to get them to fit? any pictures of what needs to be cut on NA1

Last edited:
are there any dyno results from the top speed headers? I would like to see some. They sound like a great deal, but I want to see the power increase.
then I also recall some cutting to get them to fit? any pictures of what needs to be cut on NA1

They add 6-9 hp...or a 5-20% increase depending upon how the car is set up. Either way, it's a range.

Header HP Increases 101:

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5435557_much-horsepower-do-headers-add.html

Personally, I'd be very leery of anyone promising a specific HP increase...especially if they're waiving dyno results in your face. You never know how "rigged" that test car was, but you do know that you'll NEVER get the exact same results.

Just sayin'...

Here's the notch-out that needs to be made, but you can see how little is actually needed...verses what the installation shop cut out...they went a little overboard.

Just an FYI: Top Speed says their headers are for NA2 95-2005. This is INCORRECT! 97-99 and 2000-2005 are different length on the rear bank. I had a set of "NA2" Top Speed headers I used on my 2000. The rear bank header is about 3/4" too long. It is in fact a NA2 97-99. It will work on 2000+ but it pushes your cats and exhaust to the right 3/4" too much and in turn the exhaust gets skewed and it moves the tips about 1/2" to the left. There is a little bit of play since the cats and exhaust hang on rubber to the hangers and it will "work" but it is not the correct fitment. The Top Speed NA2 header is in fact a 97-99 header NOT a 2000-2005.

NSX-97-99-vs-00-05-Header-D_zpsbdfcc7c4.jpg

Last edited:
I have RM headers on my 91. Smog tech told me it won't pass because of bad O2 sensor placement. Can it be relocated with headers on the car or do I have to remove them?

Yes it can be relocated to the collector to pass the smog.

I did it at the local muffler shop.

Just make sure you don't get a set with the flex joint like some of the DC headers. You want the ball and socket style joint. They hold up the best. A lot of the knock off DC headers sold threw Ebay are garbage.

I have the First Gen SOS headers and love them. Fit and finish are top notch welds are tight and clean. They are equal length and the exhaust ports are smoothed and matched. They sound unbelievable with my ARK DTS exhaust and random tec cats.

Our new model with blended collectors and full 304 stainless (flanges & tubing), TIG welded, designed, tested, and manufactured in the USA will be available late next month. These of course require no modification or cutting of the car (why anyone would find that acceptable is beyond us!) Check back here:
http://scienceofspeed.com/products/exhaust_airflow_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/Advanced_Headers/

It would be great to see a before and after Dyno using the same exhaust for both 3.0 and 3.2.

Our new model with blended collectors and full 304 stainless (flanges & tubing), TIG welded, designed, tested, and manufactured in the USA will be available late next month. These of course require no modification or cutting of the car (why anyone would find that acceptable is beyond us!) Check back here:
http://scienceofspeed.com/products/exhaust_airflow_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/Advanced_Headers/
Sounds interesting for sure. I'm still leaning towards those comptech ones because I'm in Cali...

Wheres the best / right place to get those guys?

Keep it on a down low.. LOL

Header1.png

Header2.png

Header3.png

Header4.png

I got test pipes too. These were released in Jan. 2012. A company in Japan buys most of my headers.

Working on the 95-99 and 00-05 Headers this year. Side note; Coilovers and BBK's coming soon too! :wink::wink:
I saw these in person, and they are NNNNNNNNIIIIIICCCEEEEEEEEE; BTW Mark, What is the diameter on these ?

Back