• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help me pick a personalized plate

Yeah, the "move it" was always a favorite. I saw that plate originally in a Road and Track when I was like 13 years old.

The problem with WA is that if someone sees your plate and complains about it, they'll yank it....so you have to be careful. (Anyone seen the guy with the Supra who had "GOTMILF" on his plates?)

I think I'll keep it simple...nothing to draw too much attention for right now, since the car is stock.

here you go....

although, I'd take a 360 Mo or maybe an Enzo :biggrin:

Attachments

• platesux.jpg
    platesux.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 247
Going towards Cincy today, I saw a 02+ NSX with the plates "Y I NVEST"...i got a laugh out of it. It definetly put a grin on my face to see it.

I've got my eyes set on "NVR SETL"...just b/c of how long I've waited to find the perfect NSX for me :smile: . Yeah, I got people wanting me to buy their vets and M's...but I just dont think I'll get the satisfaction of going to the garage and seeing a gorgeous X in the space.

how about FSTRNU2...faster then you too.
What is your main intention with the personal plate and does you state have any guidelines (in IL no #'s in the middle or before letters, only at the end).

FeetFxr said:
Getting gas last month a woman wanted to know if I'm into "insects" or "incest"?? :redface: :redface:

Hey there. Anyone know how I might find out what tags are available in Florida ? I like NSXTC . . .

You can call into the tag office and if the person you speak with is nice, you can ask them to look up a few (maybe 2-3) plates for you. If you are looking for a website that might show the ones taken, it does not exist to the public.

MiamiMermaid said:
Hey there. Anyone know how I might find out what tags are available in Florida ? I like NSXTC . . .

When I got INSXTC a couple months ago the following were taken:

NSXTASY
NSXTACY
NSXTC
NSX
INSX

You can call the local tag dept. and if you get someone nice they will check a couple for you. If they won't call a different location/ county. They are all connected by state tag depts. Good luck

smoore said:
Dr Volkl
Drug Mny
Ulb 2nd

Drug MNY. ROFL. Yeah...that won't get me into trouble.

In Washington, we have a website linked to the DMV that allows us to type in plate ideas and see if they're available. Perhaps FL has something like that.

How about: NSXLR8

ARFNSXTC said:
You can call into the tag office and if the person you speak with is nice, you can ask them to look up a few (maybe 2-3) plates for you. If you are looking for a website that might show the ones taken, it does not exist to the public.

A-ha! Thanks . Hope I get a friendly employee :)

FeetFxr said:
When I got INSXTC a couple months ago the following were taken:

NSXTASY
NSXTACY
NSXTC
NSX
INSX

You can call the local tag dept. and if you get someone nice they will check a couple for you. If they won't call a different location/ county. They are all connected by state tag depts. Good luck

Thanks for the update! Dang, I really wanted NSXTASY .... gotta put my head in gear again.... Thanks again!*~*~

DrVolkl said:
Drug MNY. ROFL. Yeah...that won't get me into trouble.

In Washington, we have a website linked to the DMV that allows us to type in plate ideas and see if they're available. Perhaps FL has something like that.

How about: NSXLR8

I LOVE!! NSXLR8 . I was also thinking NSXT-SEA since I'm known as the Mermaid with the NSX... Whatdya all think ?

MiamiMermaid said:
I LOVE!! NSXLR8 . I was also thinking NSXT-SEA since I'm known as the Mermaid with the NSX... Whatdya all think ?

NSXTSEA would be pretty sweet if you're known as the "mermaid".

I'm getting NSXLR8...unless someone steals it from me first! lol
(Same prob in WA..NSXTC, etc are taken)

DrVolkl said:
NSXTSEA would be pretty sweet if you're known as the "mermaid".

I'm getting NSXLR8...unless someone steals it from me first! lol
(Same prob in WA..NSXTC, etc are taken)

I don't think I've seen
NSXLR8 so good luck * I love it. Yep, I think NSXTSEA is perfectly fitting. Hope its available*~*~

MiamiMermaid said:
I don't think I've seen
NSXLR8 so good luck * I love it. Yep, I think NSXTSEA is perfectly fitting. Hope its available*~*~

Yeah, good luck to you too! You can take NSXLR8 if ya need to, since we live in different states...but don't come up here with that! Grrrrr....
:smile:

What I'm trying to figure out now, is if I have to wait for my plates to show up, or if I can register for the personalized plate while only having my temps. (Only had the car 2 weeks). I'm heading to the DMV over lunch...yuck.

DrVolkl said:
Yeah, good luck to you too! You can take NSXLR8 if ya need to, since we live in different states...but don't come up here with that! Grrrrr....
:smile:

What I'm trying to figure out now, is if I have to wait for my plates to show up, or if I can register for the personalized plate while only having my temps. (Only had the car 2 weeks). I'm heading to the DMV over lunch...yuck.

LOL... But hey, if I do end up in your area, it's all Good, we are both NSX's anyhoo. ;) It's 6pm here .... were you able to get your tag ? Hope So!

Nope...unfortunately I can only transfer my old plates over...but to get the new plates I have to wait for my number plates to show up. I'm still running the temp plates right now...sucks. So, probably be another couple weeks before I can apply for the personalized one! :mad:

DrVolkl said:
Nope...unfortunately I can only transfer my old plates over...but to get the new plates I have to wait for my number plates to show up. I'm still running the temp plates right now...sucks. So, probably be another couple weeks before I can apply for the personalized one! :mad:

Aww, Doc, sorry to hear that. Any chance you can 'reserve' Your Friskee* tag ? If not, hey, mum'z the word here in Fla. I don't think I've even seen it on other sites I was searching thru today about ideas. So, :wink: , hopefully, it's all You.

DrVolkl said:
?? Lost me on that one...

168MPH Is that the top speed of these things? Not bad...my Z was 162, so I'm not sure it's a huge deal anymore.

Eeks! My top was 162 mph on Alligator Alley, going from Mia to Naples -- FIVE years ago. Wouldn't go open road again tho'.

MiamiMermaid said:
Eeks! My top was 162 mph on Alligator Alley, going from Mia to Naples -- FIVE years ago. Wouldn't go open road again tho'.

--not car'z fault for quitting on 162... I was happy with that # ~~ No more tix... but makes me wonder how much quicker she can go!

MiamiMermaid said:
Aww, Doc, sorry to hear that. Any chance you can 'reserve' Your Friskee* tag ? If not, hey, mum'z the word here in Fla. I don't think I've even seen it on other sites I was searching thru today about ideas. So, :wink: , hopefully, it's all You.

Nope....just have to hope no one steals it up here in WA... :)

If it goes, I'll just have to come up with something else!
I just can't wait to get that dang temp tag out of the my back window...it's driving me nuts!

Back