• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

High speed bicycle transporter

I think there is a ski adapter to fit this rack,propable will carry 2 pair. Jeff

Jeff - if you don't use the Hunch rack rotating fork mounts, can you still get 2 bikes on the rack?

Thanks!

Francis

Are these bicycle racks still available? I am buying a mountain bike and want to know if I can still put a bike rack on the NSX?

Do you guys get lots of double takes from other motorist?:biggrin:

Excellent idea! Brilliant in fact. Now as a fellow "roadie" I love this option and might order one but can something be done similar to a bike/ski rack for my wakeboard?

Take a look at my S2000 and how I utilize my bike rack for the wakeboard. It would be awesome to use the NSX on weekends too!

Wakeboard002.jpg

Wakeboard001.jpg

Zishan brought this thread to my attention.

Is the OP still around?

Z keeps telling me to get another NSX for a DD. I really like the OP's bike rack idea.

Hello, I am the OP for the racks. I've been using the rack for about 6 years now and have 1 that I can sell. Works great for me and I carry it in the trunk. Jeff

Attachments

• DSC01289.jpg
    DSC01289.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,044
  • nsx bike rack.JPG
    nsx bike rack.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 226
Excellent idea! Brilliant in fact. Now as a fellow "roadie" I love this option and might order one but can something be done similar to a bike/ski rack for my wakeboard?

Take a look at my S2000 and how I utilize my bike rack for the wakeboard. It would be awesome to use the NSX on weekends too!

Wakeboard002.jpg

Wakeboard001.jpg

Woah! Thats badass! And it doubles as a big ass spoiler too! lol :biggrin:

Hello, I am the OP for the racks. I've been using the rack for about 6 years now and have 1 that I can sell. Works great for me and I carry it in the trunk. Jeff

Don't seem to be able to find the Hunchback rack anymore :(

NSX bike rack For Sale: Here is what I have, 1 maybe 2 Hunchback racks ($199) that can be used just the way that it comes out of the box. It carries 2 bikes with the front wheels removed. The front wheels can go in the car or be strapped to the rack. The rear wheels are held to the rack with toe straps.
If you want to be able to fit the bike rack into your trunk you have to cut a bit off the "legs " and not install the supplied "front wheel bar".
If you want a more secure fork mount (stamped steel vs cast alloy) a better made Bike Tight ( $25 each) can be bolted to the hunchbacks frame.
If you only want to carry 1 bike just mount 1 Bike Tight to the center of the Hunchback.
The rack sets on foam pads on you rear glass and is held in place with 4 web straps with vinyl coated hooks. The hooks will compress the rubber around the glass,so you don't want to the the rack installed any more than you have to.
I only use this to carry lightweight road bikes and have logged over 1000 miles with mine and have driven 100 mph + with no problems.
The last photo shows my much older rack on the right, and the later slightly larger rack on the left with the front wheel bar installed.
Got questions ... ask. JEFF

Attachments

• rack 002.jpg
    rack 002.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 165
  • rack 012.jpg
    rack 012.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 157
  • rack 004.jpg
    rack 004.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 150
I only use this to carry lightweight road bikes and have logged over 1000 miles with mine and have driven 100 mph + with no problems.
JEFF

"100 MPH +" :confused:
W/ a bike on top and I'm sure on a track :wink:

I FOUND A HUNCHRACK!!!

It only took me two years to find one too!

I have a question for you Jeff, of anyone who may know, about strap placement.

Mounting the rack on the glass hatch, do you put both straps on each side (forward and backward) of the wheel mount bar? Im finding that the rack is too long for the hatch ie, if I mount it as high as I can, it is still too low to hook onto the glass hatch (the hook doesnt pull up on the hatch).

Anyone know?

I still have a rack for sale. Read my older posts above for some details. Jeff

Back