• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

High speed bicycle transporter

Anyone have this rack for sell? OR where can I get a bike rack that fits our car?

Has anyone custom a roof rack for our car before?

...I only use this to carry lightweight road bikes and have logged over 1000 miles with mine and have driven 100 mph + with no problems...

I have a Specialized Allez road bike. Would that be okay for the rack that mounts on top of the NSX hatch glass?

Hey Mitch, It sure would.
Do you need one? Jeff

Hey Mitch, It sure would.
Do you need one? Jeff

I think so. This is the bike I want to mount on the hatch glass.

NSXandSpecialized9-15-11.jpg

NSXandSpecialized19-15-11.jpg

It took me about 2 yrs to track down a Delta Hunch rack, but I did find one.

I sold my NSX shortly after I bought it and it wont fit on the replacement.

The rack is in good shape. I would buy all new straps for it - but I did pick up a much better quick release than what is on the rack and I do have the bumper bracket as well if you want to use it in that form.

PM me if you're interested in buying it!

Rack is in Toronto.

Last edited:
Well, here is an updated, no rack required option for those who need/want to put a bike on their NSX. I daily drive my NSX in the summer, and it is my only car. I do triathlons and mountain bike races so I need some way for me to get my gear to the races. For a road bike the front tire has to in behind the pasenger seat, but a mountain bike tire will fit in the trunk. It is completely stable and very secure. Today was the first triathlon of the season for me and it was an hour drive each way, highway speeds, rough roads, rain, nothing phased the rack.
The rack is from Sea Sucker.
Enjoy.
P1000293.jpg

DeVinci13, thanks for the info. Looks like a good option.

Link: http://www.seasucker.com/node/101

Have you done more than one bike (2 side-by-side) on the NSX? Wondering if this is possible or if curve of roof/hatch would make not practical. Can you mount yours to one side (leaving enough room for another bike) and give your opinion?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_41Ujjv6WUw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
I have not tried the double rack or put 2 bikes on the NSX.

I first tried not having the front portion of the rack (with the 3 suction cups and quick release) on the roof and put it on the rear glass. This way the bike was facing backwards. But, the problem with this set up was the rear cup was on the front windshield at a very steep angle and there was very little contact with the rear tire and the rear cup. I was very worried that even with the velcro strap holding the tire, it would still slip off of the cup.

I then tried putting the front portion of the rack on the windshield and the rear cup on the rear window. This put the bike facing forward and actually worked fairly well. There were no suction cups on the roof, which is what I would have prefered. I was worried about restricted view out the front window with this set up but when in the drivers seat you could actually only see one of the suction cups and it was just below the level of the rear view mirror. So there was no problem there. In this set up the crank and pedals were quite close to the roof line, but there was no contact.

I settled on the set up in the photo. The only problem with this set up is with the bike on the roof the trunk only opens half way, so you have to have the bike off if you want full access to the trunk. After the race I took the rack off the roof, washed the car and there was no marks or indication that there was ever a rack on the car.

I think for my next race (on the 24th) I will try the second set up with no suction cups on the roof, all of them on the windshield and rear glass. I still think this is the best way. Even though there were no marks on the paint from the suction cups I would still feel better if there was nothing touching the paint, period.

This is a fairly expensive system. But the quality is fantastic and it is unbelievably easy to mount and take off. They even give you an extra suction cup with your order. It is made in the USA.

Absolutely sold on the Sea Sucker, been doing a lot of reading up on them and can't find a single reason to do otherwise. Plus, having the flexibility to run on any of our cars (current or future) is awesome.

Love your car 1K2GO, especially the wheels. You put your rack exactly where I put mine. After much trial and error with positioning I found that to be the best spot for ease of use. I did 4 olympic distance tri's, 1 half Ironman and 4 mountain bike races this season and the Seasucker has worked flawlessly. The only thing I found with the suction cups on the windshield is you can't use your windshield wipers, which I found out the hard way on a long, 3 hour rainy drive home from one of the tri's.

I will admit, I was a little nervous never using this item before (especially with a brand new bike). But this was money well spent.

911ad6aaf92d11e19fe522000a1e9fbc_7.jpg

Sea suckers in stock For Sale....When I started this "high speed transporter " thread years ago I had to create a way to take my bikes on the NSX. Sea suckers did not exist back then. We are now offering them at our bike shop allstarbikeshop.com
Free shipping $279.00

I have one of these available now that I've sold my NSX. $150 obo, shipped within the continental US.

Sea suckers in stock For Sale....When I started this "high speed transporter " thread years ago I had to create a way to take my bikes on the NSX. Sea suckers did not exist back then. We are now offering them at our bike shop allstarbikeshop.com
Free shipping $279.00

Did you stop selling them? Don't find them on your site. Was there a problem?

Back