• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda badges?

r71

Contributing Member
What's the deal? Why do so many folks change their badges to Honda? If its looks, the Acura looks better no? Is it because in Japan there's no Acura? What's the reasoning behind this mod?

we as human want what others have sad I know but
guys in the UK switch to Acura logo,
guys in Aus switch to Acura logo,
USA switch to Honda logo,
etc.etc
people in Japan leave it as Honda logo they are Proud.
and should be

as for the acura logo looking better than the honda logo

I dont know about that it more like lexus logo vs the toyota logo
its status symbol kinda thing

I paid an extra 20K for the same exact Camry but it has the lexus logo instead LOL sheep

I've seen Lexus re-badged as Toyota quite a few times (IS > Altezza, SC > Soarer, LS > Crown)

Personally I find it correct, open up the hatch or open a door on a NSX and it say's
"Made by Honda Motor Co."
I do know in Japan a lot of Legend owners badge it as a RL and NSX go Acura style.
Also Honda's are generally superior to Acura's in terms of specifications and trim.

I've seen Lexus re-badged as Toyota quite a few times (IS > Altezza, SC > Soarer, LS > Crown)

Personally I find it correct, open up the hatch or open a door on a NSX and it say's
"Made by Honda Motor Co."
I do know in Japan a lot of Legend owners badge it as a RL and NSX go Acura style.
Also Honda's are generally superior to Acura's in terms of specifications and trim.
i hope you meant LS > Celsior

because in essence, the NSX is a Honda. look at the stickers on your windows and windshield. the door jam plates. various engine stickers. the valve cover saying "Honda Motor Co.". etc. etc.

Honda has a long history in Formula 1 and endurance, it is the same thing in motorcycle Grand Prix (Continental Circus and endurance), brand Acura is totally unknown in the world of motor sport

Honda is cooler, and speaks to the enthusiast in me. Acura is for the unwashed buffoons of North America who couldn't fathom a Japanese car costing as much as a beemer.

There is no Acura in the world except north America.

But I live in North America and not in the rest of the world.

I changed mine to Honda because thats what it is

Ha, I did the opposite. I had a huge H badge on the front and JDM tail lights with the giant H in the middle. I removed the H on the bumper and bought US tail lights.

I think it comes down to if you are a Honda fan, you want the H. I do not consider myself a real Honda fan per say but I do currently own 3 Acuras so I am voting for them with my checkbook.

I'd do it Because I'd Also do the type R steering wheel and I might as well do the emblems if te door sills and engine say Honda already

have to agree here. nothing wrong with leaving the branding/badging stock.

Ha, I did the opposite. I had a huge H badge on the front and JDM tail lights with the giant H in the middle. I removed the H on the bumper and bought US tail lights.

I think it comes down to if you are a Honda fan, you want the H. I do not consider myself a real Honda fan per say but I do currently own 3 Acuras so I am voting for them with my checkbook.

I am a fan of keeping things stock...and have retained the Acura branding on my NSX. But I can totally understand the appeal of switching everything over to Honda. Our cars directly resulted from Honda's Formula 1 program during their era of dominance. Many feel a great pride in owning a piece of that (and Senna's legacy for that matter), not just the Japanese.

If I wanted my car to look like a NSX-R, I would most definitely switch the logos.

If I bought an Acura Integra Type R, I would be VERY tempted to switch the round headlights to JDM as I think they look better...and, if I did that, I would definitely badge the car Honda.

Acura wasn't completely unknown in motorsport, but at the moment it is not even competing. I liked their run with the Realtime cars and with the Acura badged prototypes in ALMS, but, for the most part, when you think of racing, you think of Honda first.

Acura is just branding/marketing a certain line-up of cars made by Honda. At the end of the day it's all personal preference over which badges you want to have on your car. Neither are wrong, really.

Lots of people just want their cars to be different from everyone else's.

There is no Acura in the world except north America.
Not true.

From its beginning in 1986, cars have been sold under the Acura brand name in the United States and Canada. Cars have been sold as Acuras in Hong Kong since 1991.

Some years ago, Honda announced that they would be rolling out the Acura brand name in other markets around the world as well. Acura dealers started selling Acura branded cars in Mexico in 2004 and in China in 2006. There was a plan to sell Acura cars in Japan starting in 2008, but it was put on hold with the worldwide financial crisis that year.

indeed HK cars where the first RHD acura's
Chinese spec Acura's even have unique features not found on USDM.

Acura is the only way I see them selling quickly and competitively here in western-europe (Legend, TL, MDX, etc)
And i'll make it my business to turn them back in to Honda's:biggrin:b lol....

I have had many Hondas in my life and still own several. I'm proud own a Honda and Acura means nothing to me. One of the reasons i bought a TSX over the TL is the TSX is made 100% in Japan. I believe the Hondas made in Japan last longer and are built better S2000, CRX, Del sol, Nsx and so on. I own a Honda NSX

Back