• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda HSV-010 GT

looks interesting :biggrin:

01.jpg

This is pulled from one of the articles I found:

"HSV-010 GT race car is developed under JAF (Japan Automobile Federation) set by the "Year 2010 regulation (3.4-liter displacement, V-type eight-cylinder, FR layout, etc.)" and comply with, JAF-GT500 that has the approval of the basic vehicle registration qualifications."

It's hard for me to believe that the car pictured will have the required FR layout.

That thing is wicked looking... :cool:

Honda HSV-10 New Photo

honda_hsv10.jpg

From AutoBlog:

"The Honda NSX might be gone, but it's set to live on as the HSV-10 GT in Japan's SuperGT championship.

Although we don't have an official release or specs yet, we do have the image above and some preliminary details on the HSV-10 GT or Velocity Sports Honda. Built to the 2010 GT500 regulations, the new front/mid-engine racer from Honda is packing a 500+ hp, 3.4-liter V8 and sending power through the same Ricardo sequential manual gearbox fitted to the 2010 SuperGT cars from Nissan and Toyota. Underneath all that glorious carbon fiber is the same chassis Honda's been working on (originally as an NSX replacement) for the last two years."

Re: Honda HSV-10 New Photo

Wow, that is fierce looking. I imagine if they toned down the aggressive body work, that would make an excellent NSX replacement!

Wake up Honda, please!!!!

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...arrives-to-run-in-japans-super-gt-series.html

"It’s here at last… sort of. Above is a lone photo of the replacement to the Honda/Acura NSX – at least in race car trim. Called the HSV-10 GT, or Velocity Sports Honda, this track only exotic is built to run in the GT500 class of Japan’s Super GT series. As cars in that class are limited to around 500-hp, we can safely assume the HSV-10 GT makes exactly that.

With a full carbon fiber body, what’s even more impressive is what’s under the hood – a 3.4-liter V8 engine that no doubt revvs to an impressively high (even for Honda) rpm range to get all 500 ponies. (Honda has yet to release official specs though.)

Underpinning this impressive creation is reported to be the very same chassis that Honda was working on for several years to replace the NSX but which has now been rumored canceled.

A light weight body and 500-hp 3.4L V8, only for the track? Please Honda, nobody likes a tease. "

Cool picture! I had seen some other angle shots a while back that I thought were appealing, way better than the busy styling of the LSA or the tank-like GT-R. I still have my heart in the mid engine world, but I could almost go for this design. Maybe Honda will see how the public reacts to it and in a couple of years, if the economy gets better, decide to offer it as a production piece. Getting this approved for Super GT could turn out to be a pretty slick marketing move.

That car is pure sex! Hopefully Honda reconsiders the production version. I hope this thing kicks ass in the series too!

Nice to see that it has some lines from the NSX. Notice where the front bumper meets the headlamp and also the lines under the side window?

Argh

Altho I am sure that the production version will see nowhere near 500 hp from a v8 (or even a v8 knowing Honda/Acura) I would be happy w/ 300+hp v6. Please let this thing race successfully & hopefully inspire sales of this car (I still hesitate to call it an NSX).

Last edited:
Re: Argh

Altho I am sure that they production version will see nowhere near 500 hp from a v8 (or even a v8 knowing Honda/Acura) I would be happy w/ 300+hp v6. Please let this thing race successfully & hopefully inspire sales of this car (I still hesitate to call it an NSX).

It wouldn't be marketable with a V-6 300+ hp. Imagine if they did that, they'll have to price the car around 40k to even sell.

They need to come out with a 400+ hp V-8 to compete with everyone.

This makes perfect sense for Honda to introduce a new car for Super GT since Super GT and DTM began talks last week about a unified series. Imagine Honda, Lexus, Nissan, Audi, Mercedes and possibly BMW all in this new series. Shades of the old Can-Am days---

Last edited:

I get this feeling that the side profile is not as sexy since the engine is in the front.

Probably look more like a shoe.

The Rear mid engine HSC is the sexiest Honda by far.

I curse anyone that disagrees with me to drive an Automatic cavalier.......

bad ass looking car from this profile but from the side i'm sure it'll be front heavy in design. i hope they reconsider and make this a mid-engine (behind the driver) car but i guess it's too late. either way.. nice to have LF-A competition lurking!

I'm thinking it will look something like this
ferrari-599-1-1-s.jpg

Last edited:
That would be pretty cool to watch. There was actually a DTM race on Speed this past Saturday afternoon. That and the BTCC race that followed just reinforced my hatred of Speed's NASCAR, Pinks, and Wrecked-riddled lineup.

I would watch the hell out of some JGTC if anybody over here would air it.

Now that's a nice looking auto. I like it better than the LF-A. Just imagine it toned down a bit from full on racing gear (wing etc.) and it might be a really nice looking sports car.

So what do you think something like this would cost??? Bet it would be more than 90k....:eek: Like the crazy LF-A - we'll see how that Lexus sells. :rolleyes:

It's hard for me to believe that the car pictured will have the required FR layout.

This race car's front end is much lower than the production mule spotted in the ring. With it sporting a V8 instead of the V10 and not having pedestrian safety requirements, Honda lowered the front, push the engine back, and from this sole picture, it looks like it could be mid-rear setup.

Looks a lot better than the production mule. Althought the headlights could be more distinct.

Just bring the damn car to production already and de-tune the Flat crank V8 for street duty.

Im glad im not the only one thats tired of Speed channels ridiculous lineup of shows especially Nascar. Are they ever out of season?? It seems everytime i turn to that channel theres a nascar race on or being analyzed!
I liked it when it was speedvision when we saw DTM, WRC etc. I would love to actually see Super Gt races but i guess were SOL.

That would be pretty cool to watch. There was actually a DTM race on Speed this past Saturday afternoon. That and the BTCC race that followed just reinforced my hatred of Speed's NASCAR, Pinks, and Wrecked-riddled lineup.

I would watch the hell out of some JGTC if anybody over here would air it.

+eleventybillion. All of the tin-top series (DTM, BTCC, WTCC, WRC) are crazy fun to watch

That car with a civilized body style and a MR V-10 = PURE WANT.

Last edited:
I feel like I went to the strip club and saw the most exotic dancer I have ever seen. But when I asked for a lap dance, she said "Sorry, I only dance for JGTC drivers."

Back