• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How Can This Be??

Sorry, you are too late! I already wired him the money, and sent him my address and keys to my house (I was not sure why he wanted this, and it made me think SCAM, but then he said he would deliver it tomorrow and leave it in the garage for me.)

Shumdit said:
Sorry, you are too late! I already wired him the money, and sent him my address and keys to my house (I was not sure why he wanted this, and it made me think SCAM, but then he said he would deliver it tomorrow and leave it in the garage for me.)

LOL! But I see he is located within the U.S. ?? Often, I thought the scams were from persons outside the U.S. ? You think car damage/problems not specified ?

YEa scam, hehe...

email him though, so you can see what it looks like when you do indeed have a scammer.

I'm selling a laptop on craigslist, and i get 2-3 scammer emails a day asking me to ship the item to Italy, Spain, England...

be very weary of internet sales.... RARELY buy sight unseen anything.

I use it as more of an advertising, like, throw something on eBay, and someone local pick it up, and vice versa.

Dawn, if I help you with this will you blow me a cyber-kiss here in public?(would make all the other guys jealous!)

#1: Take a look at the foilage behind the pics of the NSX. Does not look like Mass. to me.

#2: The phone # he has listed is a cell phone from Verizon. Since there are prepaid options and they are anonymous, you would have no way to find out who scammed you later on, and the police could not figure it out either unless he SENT calls out to #'s they could connect the dots with (and I promise you, he/she wouldn't).

#3. Still not convinced? How about looking at the pavement in front of the side shot of the car.

See the paver design (stripes?). Does it look kinda like this??
88%20Red%20328%20Side%20(2).JPG

00%20Gray%20Lotus%20Side%20(3).JPG

Notice the green canvas and buildings on these? How about the "Do not enter" street sign? Notice the same sign and other background items on the NSX ad? So why is this car in Mass being photographed by a dealer in Naples, FL??(where these pics came from) :wink:

Shumdit said:
Dawn, if I help you with this will you blow me a cyber-kiss here in public:wink:

For you, my buddie*~*~ haha! :tongue:

Attachments

• me2.bmp
    31.7 KB · Views: 528
Sorry to all thoes with Yellow Int cars..I was bad ,,It just looks like way too much yellow on that car!..I don't think I have ever seen another yellow/yellow car now that I think on it...

That's right guys!!! Gettin me some cyber-PDA from the hottest woman on Prime!
Whoops, wife just walked up behind me...anyone gotta place I can crash for a while? :biggrin:

Schumdit, great detective work! That place in Fla. always seemed legit to me, don't know why they are playing games with this car! :confused:

ceeya32 said:
Schumdit, great detective work! That place in Fla. always seemed legit to me, don't know why they are playing games with this car! :confused:

They are porbably not playing games. Look how much cropping and editing was done to the pictures to cut out large sections of the previously mentioned background. Whoever stole the pics was trying to alter them enough to where most people would not be able to see the indicators mentioned above.

Yes, Naples is where I got the other pics I posted when I explained this. The way it works is that a scammer will take photos from a car that was for sale months back and post them as his own, usually even posting the same VIN if he/she had access to it. Then they use a Cell phone that is prepaid (no signup, so no tracing their ID) or they put a # that is wrong, thinking you will email them if you can not get them on the phone, as the price is so good. That's when the "I can not register the car in the country I am moving to/living in crap starts, and they get you to wire the money to an "Escrow" service for your security, when in fact you are wiring the money to them directly and are not going to hear back from them again.

This for sure is a scam! I sent him an email and he replied with this crap about the car being located in the Auto trader wharehouse (he's in the UK) and I will need to send $2000, blah blah blah.....IT'S FOR SURE A SCAM! This same exact thing happened to my father but instead of a car, it was a race horse. Dad was selling one and someone from overseas claimed to be sending a money order and well, long story short...the money order was a scam too. You have to be OH SO CAREFULL with transactions (especially if any part of it is involving an overseas person). If they seem too good to be true, they probably are. This creep knows he will get a TON of emails/calls about this yellow NSX at that price and his goal is to find some dummy that will actually send the $2K and he'll walk right off with it...
boy, if it were a real deal, IT WOULD BE A REALLY AWESOME DEAL EH?

menuserve said:
damn... how do i get one of these cyber kisses??? i can't wait to meet dawn in person oct 6th at the palm beach meet!

As Earl would say "Dibs!" (in Cyberspace :tongue: )
Actually, she may be hanging out with a fellow NSX owner who is a Police officer in Miami, so watch your azz! :biggrin:

Back