• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

How often did you go topless this year?

I noticed myself not really taking the top off of my car much this year. and last year less than the one before.

how often do you guys take your targa tops off?

You are not alone. I probably can count one or both hands the few times I took the top off in the three years of owning my NSX-T. I suppose that why I sold it and got a coupe...

I also preferred to take it off only during spring and fall when it was not too hot or cold. Summer around here is extreme to go riding around topless unless it was night time.

I don't do it near as much as when I could put the top in the engine cover. Its a pain to do it in the trunk.

Ive always wanted a '97+ coupe (always as in once the '97s came out) because I was never excited about the targa (because the weight). But as reality of availability set in, I purchased a targa and did not see myself taking it off very much.

Well, I've had the car for a month, I usually only drive it on the weekends... and I've had it off half a dozen times. =)

I'm sure it's been 100+ times so far this year. I take it off every morning that it isn't raining or too hot/cold for the drive to work.

Don't worry Mike....I made up for all the lost top time on your car...I like my NSX....like my women....TOPLESS!!!

PS-In case my wife reads this....I am only talking guy talk honey...I only want to see you topless for the rest of my life...even when you're 80.

Don't worry Mike....I made up for all the lost top time on your car...I like my NSX....like my women....TOPLESS!!!

PS-In case my wife reads this....I am only talking guy talk honey...I only want to see you topless for the rest of my life...even when you're 80.

Lets see if we can make this a litttle bigger. Old timers want to read it too

Seriously though, I wish I had a targa sometimes, well most times. The side profile of the car looks 10000x better with the targa off, but alas, I have a coupe

Last edited:

Rob you're letting all the new car/leather smell i worked so hard to keep in, out :D

As much as i can,what's the sense of having a T if you don't.:smile: Nothing like cool weather in the NE with the top off and windows half up and the heat on.

Every chance I get, even if it's a 5-10 minute ride. It only takes a few seconds!!!

Still do too.. Just trying not to look overly OCD ;)

Too late! :wink: Driving with it off is ok but storing it with the top off will definitely affect the smell of the car. I always put it back on when I park it. I would say 60% topless; it is not the same driving it with the top on. :frown:

I was all about taking the top off the first year or so I had the car, now it's just not worth the effort and I wish I had gotten a coupe.

Serious, man? That just doesn't seem like you...... It only takes seconds to rip it off/stow/and put back. I know you are an enthusiast.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1626838&postcount=9

Ken posted this photo from your Colo Sprgs today (at NSXPO), and I saw myself NSX'ing with T roof OFF. :smile:

I leave the top off in the garage. Roll up windows if cold and run ac if hot. Only time top goes on is when wife is in the car and fixed her hair :(

Back