• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How often do you change engine oil? (NSX as non daily driver)

For those of you who use NSX as pleasure/weekend car. How often do you change engine oil?

I usually put on less than 1500miles every 6 months, Is it ok to change the engine oil just once every 6 months?

I'm on the same schedule as the previous replies. Once a year or 5,000. I used to change it every 3,000 miles or three months, but that was when my NSX was my daily driver.

What i find more interesting is that I have 3,300 on my '05 TL and the computer is telling me that I have 60% oil life left. I guess I'm on a six month schedule for oil changes whether or not I drive my cars. :smile:

nsxsupra said:
I usually put on less than 1500miles every 6 months, Is it ok to change the engine oil just once every 6 months?
Yes.

I only drive my car for six months a year, for a relatively low number of miles. Like Brian, I change the oil every spring, when I first take it out.

If I were driving the car all year round, I would probably change it twice a year. Which happens to be Honda's recommendation for my '91 (every 7500 miles or 6 months, whichever comes first).

Back