• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How to know if vehicle legit or not? jh4na2162yt000222

Winkler, Manitoba, Canada - near Winnipeg
Hi everyone, I am finally in a position where I can start to consider buying my dream car, the NSX. I have one where the guy sounds legit, and carfax is ok, but something is telling me it is oo good to be true...I googled the VIN and that is how I found this forum....I am hoping someone can assist me, as I will likely buy it sight unseen and have it shipped. The VIN showed up before here, and I am wondering if by chance the past owner might still be around and can drop me a line....I have neve bought a car fromanywhere other than an actual reputable dealership in all my years of driving....so I am a bit cautious... Thanks, Curtis
VIN is jh4na2162yt000222....2000 Silver on black...thanks

Re: How to know if vehicle legit or not?

The price should give you a hint. Post it up and we'll give you our opinion. Also, provide other details on the car.

Last edited:
Re: How to know if vehicle legit or not?

I will likely buy it sight unseen and have it shipped.
VIN is jh4na2162yt000222....2000 Silver on black...thanks

Do NOT do that. Fly out and inspect it yourself. Then pay someone to have it inspected, i.e. the Acura Dealership. Also, you can post in the region section to see if someone here on NSX Prime will be willing to examine the car for you. NSX Primer's tend to look out for each other. :smile:

Oh, and try to compensate them, if someone does take a look for you. ;)

Last edited:
Do NOT do that. Fly out and inspect it yourself. Then pay someone to have it inspected, i.e. the Acura Dealership. Also, you can post in the region section to see if someone here on NSX Prime will be willing to examine the car for you. NSX Primer's tend to look out for each other. :smile:
Yup. Scammers do not own the vehicle they are advertising, and will come up with strange excuses when you tell them you want to arrange to have the car inspected, either by yourself, or by another individual, or by a reputable mechanic in their area. Legitimate sellers are happy to do so.

+1 A Pre-Purchase Inspection should be done prior to the sale. The owner can take the car to an Acura Dealer or Tech of Your choosing and You pay for the inspection. Documented Maintenence History is King.

You can ask the folks in your geographical location about the best place to take the car by posting in the appropriate regional forum here on Prime.

Good Luck

P.S. Take your time and if this one doesn't work out, wait for the right one to come along.

Thanks to everyone who replied and added information. I am guessing this one is a scam...the story was that he would arrange the deal in terms of shipping...I would pay into "ebay " in trust, then when I received it, I would notify ebay to release the money to him...when asked why so cheap ($21,200) he said it is a charity sale, with all money going to a charity, and he just wants it to be gone quick...so he can take care of all the paperwork. IT was on Auto trader originally, private sale, no VIN, and only one pic...so I asked for the VIn, and more pictures...he emailed me back with the VIn (as I referenced above) and several pictures, none of which had I seen in any previous adds, and none of them look like the Exotic motors adds....he said he is in Europe on business, ....kind of fishy, eh? PS- carfax seemed to check out clean....?

Thanks to everyone who replied and added information. I am guessing this one is a scam...the story was that he would arrange the deal in terms of shipping...I would pay into "ebay " in trust, then when I received it, I would notify ebay to release the money to him...when asked why so cheap ($21,200) he said it is a charity sale, with all money going to a charity, and he just wants it to be gone quick...so he can take care of all the paperwork. IT was on Auto trader originally, private sale, no VIN, and only one pic...so I asked for the VIn, and more pictures...he emailed me back with the VIn (as I referenced above) and several pictures, none of which had I seen in any previous adds, and none of them look like the Exotic motors adds....he said he is in Europe on business, ....kind of fishy, eh? PS- carfax seemed to check out clean....?

Run away!

sylcurt,

As a fellow born and raised Winnipeger, now living in NC and owming an NSX-T .... The car you are looking at is a HUGE Scam! Steer clear as quick as you can. Check out the thread "What's wrong with this?" Not only will you be entertained, but you will see a scam that almost replicates what you are looking at.

My suggestion is ask for help on this forum. I have only owned my NSX since November (i've done lots of work since to get it where it is now) but I can tell you this forum of people and car owners are the best around. I have met them at car meets, they have loaned me specialty tools from accros the country and I've bought parts off this site. All good people in my books.

Post in the "NSX Wanted" on this forum with all your requirements. If you cannot fly out, many NSXer's would be happy to inspect a car for you as well.

Please PM me if you have any questions. I would be more then happy to help you anyway I can. Not to mention, when I visit my family in Winnipeg it would be great to get up with a fellow NSXER.

Cheers eh!

Darrin

Back