• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I can't stand it anymore.....

The roads are dry, the sun is peaking out....we've had 3 days of 34+ degree weather, there has been plenty of melt-off.....snow is only on bare ground......I NEED TO TAKE THE CAR OUT TODAY! Regardless if we've had that first rain to wash all the leftover salt down the gutters!

GO For it...just wash her real good before you put her away... Maybe blast off under the car with the hose to try and get rid of the salt spray. Be careful out there!

Yeah...she actually gets washed 90% of the time before I put it away for the night when I drive her in the summer too! I spend a lot of money at the "whizz wands"!

She'll definitely get a good bath before she gets put back away....I just need to get it out, starting to get that Spring itch. Maybe to get a haircut and to lunch and then back home for her. Can't do too much spirited driving as it is still in the 30's and the soft tires don't like the cold weather too much!

Whizz Wands thats funny...just don't get them too close to the paint! :smile:
Even us guys in So Cal are getting the spring itch. It has been raining every weekend for practically 2 months. I have driven mine only once since December...:frown:

It was 60 degrees in Connecitcut yesterday. I finally got a nice drive in. Amazing! The car started right up. I ran the A/C and checked the tire pressures.

nsxnsxnsx.jpg

I was also able to treat my seats to a little Zymol conditioner.

Rob, I don't mean to make you mad but it's gonna be in the 60s all weekend.....I'll be driving too! :wink:

Just move on down here to McDonough.

Well you guys are gonna be real mad at me then, not to rub it in but Down here in Tampa Florida we have great driving weather all year long, and yea its been cold here to it almost got to 50 last night, today has been real cold got too.. almost 67, I drive my NSX everyday!! LOL, houses are real cheap down here to, Jobs are sitting here waiting for someone to fill them,
come-on down, if you own an NSX we welcome you! if you drive a Toyota/Lexus we will gladly get outta your way!!!

Woohoo! She was out today....we had a blast together!

4404865084_6565f05fc6_o.jpg

But, alas...all good things must come to an end. Time to go back to bed (hopefully not for long though!).

4404101717_abf0cb0050.jpg

Tim,

Wasn't it "flurrying" down there just a day or two ago?

Well you guys are gonna be real mad at me then, not to rub it in but Down here in Tampa Florida we have great driving weather all year long, and yea its been cold here to it almost got to 50 last night, today has been real cold got too.. almost 67, I drive my NSX everyday!! LOL, houses are real cheap down here to, Jobs are sitting here waiting for someone to fill them,
come-on down, if you own an NSX we welcome you! if you drive a Toyota/Lexus we will gladly get outta your way!!!

What jobs??? You know what you guys are missing down there in Tampa - twisties - mountain roads - we got em here in GA.....yessireee.....but jobs - they may not be growing on trees here yet. But you know the sunny south is the first to rebound out of recession cause it's a nice place to live except for this crazy winter we've been having this year!

But, alas...all good things must come to an end. Time to go back to bed (hopefully not for long though!).

4404101717_abf0cb0050.jpg

Tim,

Wasn't it "flurrying" down there just a day or two ago?

Yep it sure was - it snowed for almost all day yesterday - deal was that it was 39 degrees so it was no problem. It's going up to 50 today and it'll be 61 on Sat. and 65 on Sun. That's the thing about Atlanta - most of the time - if you don't like the weather just wait a few days cause it will be completely different. It's just been unusually cold here this year. We've seen more snow - without accumulation - than I've ever witnessed in my almost 60 years of living here. Well at least 55 of em I can remember.

Hey those wheels look good - have I told you that - well they are nice and actually look a little like my TSWs. So does the fender well gap. So when are you going to the Swifts???? Actually your car looks fine.

Looking Clean... :smile: GPW is so nice and hard to find these days. If I ever were to get rid of my black one, GPW would be my next choice.

Looking Clean... :smile: GPW is so nice and hard to find these days. If I ever were to get rid of my black one, GPW would be my next choice.

I actually had ZERO criteria for color. I didn't think I wanted a red one, since there are so many red ones. I really think the car wears yellow very well, but it also screams "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!" I also couldn't picture me wearing a yellow car.

However, now that I have owned white for a while....I really, really like white on the car! I would also do black maybe (other than the constant cleaning, but white is that way too), and I think silver looks good too (and probably hides dirt the best of any color).

Hey those wheels look good - have I told you that - well they are nice and actually look a little like my TSWs. So does the fender well gap. So when are you going to the Swifts???? Actually your car looks fine.

Swifts are in the trunk waiting......drop her off tomorrow so she can start getting ready for Summer....Swifts are part of the work order!

RJP your '94 GPW looks really nice! :cool: Thank you for the pics.
I'm down in Indy tonight, but saw a lot of NE Indiana on my way here (some Amish buggies, too!).
Maybe get you and Bob54 up to Meeechigan for a meet sometime this spring-summer?

RJP your '94 GPW looks really nice! :cool: Thank you for the pics.
I'm down in Indy tonight, but saw a lot of NE Indiana on my way here (some Amish buggies, too!).
Maybe get you and Bob54 up to Meeechigan for a meet sometime this spring-summer?

alum04org,
I took the NSX to work today and will take the long way home :). Its 38 today and the roads are clear. Boy am I sick and tied of winter.

I will be getting a new clutch installed next Friday and look forward to a meet sometime this spring-summer.

Bob

Heck Bob,

By the time you left work I'll bet it was all of 40* out! I ran into Mishawaka on some errands this morning, grabbed lunch and dropped mine off to get the pre-summer work done. I'm slowly going through and replacing some of the 16 year old "wear parts" on the car. Did all the coolant hoses (along with ALL fluids in the car) a few weeks before I put her away. Having some of the rubber components looked at and changing springs right now.

Heck, I'm up for a Spring-Summer meet.

thanks, now i have the itch to go for a drive. it has been ok weather on the weekdays and rain on the weekends here in CA. i've gotta wait until after work now though...

i really love the white/black colour, i was torn between a white and berlina black... went with the Black though... still torn :tongue:

If you want to take it out, take it out! Just remember a couple of things. First, check your tire pressures. Tires can lose about 1 psi a month even when the car is just sitting, and if the temperatures are colder than when you checked the pressure, that means it's lower; you'll probably need to add air for both reasons. Second, take it easy driving around; your summer tires aren't going to grip as well at 34F (it was actually in the forties today) as they do at warmer temps.

Hey Rob, I like the new avatar :biggrin:

Thanks Andrew for making it happen! :D

webbypssht is the one who took that rolling picture I'm using as an avatar if you hadn't guessed!

Last edited:
Back