• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

*IF* a Z06 were to race a NSX-R...

On the track with equal drivers and both cars wearing stock rubber with no mods at all, what car would win? I know its tough to make this comparison but this issue has to be settled. This topic has been beat to death and my little brother refuses to believe that the NSX-R is at a disadvantage and will lose to a C5 or C6 Z06 Corvette around a track with turns. What do you guys think? Thanks

Nomie

As long as there are corners the nsx-r shouldnt have any problem beating the z06. In one of my BM videos they have alot of cars with corvette being one of them ( not z06 though because there isnt one in japan) . While the nsx-r wasnt in the front the z06 was FAR behind, but the driver kept saying how fun it was to drive...but he was really far behind. While the z06 is probably a better car than just the z51 package it still couldnt make a big enough difference for it to compete with the NSX-R but i guess thats just my opinion. Theres a video around here somewhere of the nsx-r and some lambos and stuff and the nsx-r is ahead until it begins to overheat.

I believe th Nsx-r and C5 ZO6 both did under 8 minutes at Nürburgring. Something like 7:56 for both I recall.

Remember, the Nsx-r is a much lighter vehicle which at the track plays a big role. People always think the most powerful car will always win or have the biggest advantage.

vtecNSX1 said:
Theres a video around here somewhere of the nsx-r and some lambos and stuff and the nsx-r is ahead until it begins to overheat.
That was their press car. From what I've read the Honda NSX-R Press car is a little meaner than stock...
but i still think on a short twisty track the nsx-r could take it

Dave Hardy said:
I'd say it depends on the track. A tight track seems like it would be close. If there are straights that allow the cars to stretch their legs, then the Corvette seems to be the clear choice.

Yep, it all depends on the track, with the same driver and a track that has lot's of straights or high speed sweepers the Z06 will have lower laptimes than a NSX, even a NSX-R.

A seasoned Porsche driver was able to get into the low 2:01-2:02's at Thunderhill with a stock Z06 with street tires, a stock NA2 NSX was in the 2:15+ with reasonable good drivers as reported in several car mags in the past, given the R-compund like tires on the NSX-R and the awesome suspension it can probably get into the 2:07's, but nowhere close to the low 2:0X's that a C5 Z06 can get into.

Can't say too much about a C6 Z06 given that I've not been on the track with one, but on paper it looks like it would be faster than a C5 Z06.

Just my 2cents.

Ken

in Theory, no 2 drivers are the same... Drivers had different preference on settings, if the nsx-r is set as its liking, then he would be able to push harder. (or vice versa) I do understand that Street car, no matter how fast it seems, the Professional Race drivers can push to their limit and reveal some sort of the car's ability. but numbers do not tell stories. That's why when you 'read' a respectable magazine and Best Motoring, you should pay more attention of their comment and the articles. Numbers does not mean anything.

I'm assuming... even the Z06 (C5) had the equal time as NSX-R at Nurburing, the way they drive and where they make up the time should be quite different.

Now as much as I love my nsx, and worshipped the nsx-r 's goddess.... I don't think it stand a chance against the C6 Z06, unless GM really messed up with their numbers.
Lets do some bench racing, I believed the Nsx-R is less than 300 lbs slimer than the Z06. But the Z06 does have bigger and meatier tires, and more than 200 hp, not to mention low end torque.(sorry don't have the figure, but I have no doubt it'll have almost too much ;) ) If the car does not have much taller gearing than our garden variety US spec nsx. It will eat the nsx-R alive. I based my assumption on the 200hp vs 300 lbs weight saving.

yea.....a ZO6 will definitely kick our ass on the track for sure, including NSX-R. Unless the NSX is super/turbo charged, beating a ZO6 on a track is almost out of question........just my experience.

I think a C6 Z06 will beat a NSX-R regardless of the track configuration. It is nearly as light and has 200 more HP and 250+ more TQ. I think the brakes will probably be better also. I look forward to Best Motoring getting a hold of one.

it(nsx-r) dosent need better brakes or suspension; it needs more hp, wider tires,and better engine cooling.

NetViper said:
I think a C6 Z06 will beat a NSX-R regardless of the track configuration. It is nearly as light and has 200 more HP and 250+ more TQ. I think the brakes will probably be better also. I look forward to Best Motoring getting a hold of one.

Usually u are spot on Dave, but not on this one. The NSX-R weighs ~2800 lbs. The Z06 weighs 3150 lbs. The HP/TQ estimates for NSX-R are 300+HP/224 lb-ft. A z06 is rated at 405HP/400. The NSX powertrain losses are not as significant as the Z06 so the RWHP #'s are a bit closer. The NSX will brake better due to less weight transfer and mid engine config. However, I still feel that a Z06 is going to have better lap times.

Finally, couple of people mentioned BM. IMHO BM is pure entertainment and not truely realistic of a car's capabilities. Also while I am on a soapbox :tongue: - I really don't care what a car does in Nurburgring. It is track that only professionals can master. I would rather know what a car does at RA, or VIR, or Laguna Seca

He said C6 not C5 :)

C6-Z06-Red.jpg

pach said:
He said C6 not C5 :)

HOLY CRAP!!!!. Ooopss, Yeah, the C6Z06 is a beast. No contest in my book. Thats why I am debating putting in a deposit for 2007 :wink:

Back