• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

If my recently traded in Yellow 02 shows up on a lot some where JH4NA216X2T000136

You bought you car back! UNreal and superb!

Charlie your NSX was and is a gem as I completely remember it from the NM meet Viper Driver arranged.

Congrats!:biggrin:

Thanks Cam! It will be nice. Hopefully things will be finalized Monday and it will be on the way back to Texas shortly after that! Looks like it was in nice hands for the last 2 years. The rear taillights were smoked, so I will have to get that off somehow so I can pass Texas vehicle inspection and get it registered, but other then that should be good to go. Just had 6k miles on it since we parted ways and the new owner had the 7 year service, new tires and alignment done recently so don't think will have missed a beat!! Unfortunately I threw away the mounds of paper work I had on it earlier this year as didnt think it was ever going to resurface, but I can get the big stuff reprinted from the couple dealers that worked on it at least. Still have the chrome avus wheels I had on it before these though and a never installed painted from lip I can put on so that is good!!

This is a great story. Congrats odenspike. Post some new pictures of how you look when it arrives at your driveway once again.

I will. I am not a guy that smiles to often, but I will be that day!!

It's like breaking up, discover you still love your 3rd ex-girlfriend the most and getting back with her, eh? :biggrin:

makes me wonder how many leave the flock only to return... lol.

As a current 2002 Yellow/Yellow owner I'm curious... What did you trade it in for $$ and what did you end up having to give for it back?

Thanks guys for the welcome backs. Car should be on transport on Wednesday and back to Texas about a week later!!

As for the dollars involved. It was a fair deal, I previously traded in the car at the dealer so obviously I got under market value for it. I got a very fair deal buying it back considering the 7 yr maintenance that was done, new tires, etc. for the 6k miles I didn't have it for stuff I would have had to do so financially I consider it a wash.

That's really cool. If I ever came across my '03 again, I'd consider buying it back. My '91 is running around locally here... and I don't think he wants to sell it anytime soon. lol

Great story with an awesome ending. Thanks for updating the thread and congratulations!

Tom

Hey now just move back to New Mexico into your old house and the cycle will be complete. Glad to see you back. Maybe at least a road trip?? Don.

Thanks guys for the welcome backs. Car should be on transport on Wednesday and back to Texas about a week later!!

As for the dollars involved. It was a fair deal, I previously traded in the car at the dealer so obviously I got under market value for it. I got a very fair deal buying it back considering the 7 yr maintenance that was done, new tires, etc. for the 6k miles I didn't have it for stuff I would have had to do so financially I consider it a wash.

YOU DA MAN!!!! Well played and welcome back to the fold! :cool:

That's really cool. If I ever came across my '03 again, I'd consider buying it back. My '91 is running around locally here... and I don't think he wants to sell it anytime soon. lol

Your old black 03 is in the Cincinnati area.. I have seen it once and heard about it probably a dozen times. Still has the blue wheels on it. It was SPOTLESS when I saw it. And several other comments about it said " we saw a super clean 02+ black with blue wheels" etc... So I guess it is being taken care of atleast.

Hey now just move back to New Mexico into your old house and the cycle will be complete. Glad to see you back. Maybe at least a road trip?? Don.

Haha. Oh brother with the bath I took on selling that thing! I do miss ABQ though. Road trip would sound good but this time it may be in an SUV with wife and baby in tow! Hope y'all are doing good.

Back