• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I'm Gonna Be A Daddy!

Congrats Jon. Make sure you get him/her a little toy NSX and a Kimono.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Congrats! Wish you the best and bank your sleep now. Good luck.

Tytus

My daughter, Caitlin Chance, was born on Thursday via Cesarian. Unfortunately she has a double Pneumothorax. Basically, this is a tear or hole in the lung which causes air to escape into the pleural cavity. This then puts pressure on the lung and collapses it. One side is worse than the other, and required the installation of a chest tube. She has been in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) and continues to be closely monitored there. Her condition does appear to be heading in the right direction, it's just a slow process. Being first time parents you can imagine our distress, and i've had Bronchitis for 2 wks and am on strong antibiotics, though that's trivial in comparison. The staff at this facility is excellent and I feel confident that the standard of care my wife and daughter are receiving are top notch. If any of you can have a good thought for my daughter I would appreciate it, i'm normally a very private person but I will take all the help I can get at this moment. Thanks and God bless.

Jon

Jon,

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Best,

Doug

If any of you can have a good thought for my daughter I would appreciate it, i'm normally a very private person but I will take all the help I can get at this moment. Thanks and God bless.

You got it, Jon. My whole family will be praying for you and your little girl. Please keep us updated.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. As soon as she is up to it lets see some pictures. I bet she is beautiful.

Jon,

You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

I am sure once you are past this little bump in the road all will be great:).

Stay Well and Best Wishes.

Regards,
LarryB

Last edited:
Jon,

I've only been in the club a few months and have probably not had the opportunity of meeting you unless you were on the last two runs. I think it's interesting that although I may not know you personally, the bond created by this wonderful organization is somehow woven into the fabric of Prime.

My family wishes you and yours the best and will keep you in our hearts and prayers.

Bruce

Jon,
You are in our thoughts and prayers. I can relate since my son was born 2.5 months premature and had issues from birth. I can say that of all the ICU's the neonatal always has the best, most caring and attentive staff. It was hell for the first few weeks but please be encouraged that as LarryB said once you are over this bump the road will be smooth going. My son is now 20stronger than I am and climbing mountains in Europe as I write this.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery for both you and Caitlin.

Alan

As a parent there is no more helpless and stressful time than a seriously ill child.As the others have said we are praying for Caitlin.Let us know how things are progressing, there is no shame or embarresment about letting us in on your very personal trials.

I'm a Respiratory Therapist and work hand in hand with premies for years, she will be fine. With all the technological advances these days some of the best athletes out there today have been primature. My son was a premie and he is healthier than my other full term boys(go figure). Her lungs are just devoloping and it will be a slow and lengthy process. She will probably be in the NICU for quite some time. If you need some support give me a ring anytime Mike 631-662-8822........give my blessings to the wife.

Guys I have great news. She's going to be okay, due in no small part to your good thoughts. Doug, Steve, Don, Bruce, Alan, John, Mike, i'm very grateful. Larry, what can I say man. Ponyboy...stay gold Shawn :). I know I haven't been to the last couple of nsxdays and haven't come to hang out with good guys like Bailey (sry buddy), Mike, Joe, Tim, everyone. No one has held it against me, we have a great community here.
Both numo's are now closed, the lungs are functioning properly, and the chest tube is out. Pretty darn rewarding to finally get to hold and feed her last night, better than launching from a dig on the juice with slicks :wink:. She does have a canula in her nose which is providing her with some additional oxygen, but it's turned down pretty low now. My wife is heated at me b/c she says i'm better @ holding her and getting her to feed, I told her i'm just good w/ my hands from working on cars all these years, plus it's easy when her head fits perfectly into the palm of your hand :smile:. Next hurdle is getting her out of the NICU and home to mommy...but as my man Bob says...everyteen gonna be alright.

Jon Chance

Guys I have great news. She's going to be okay, due in no small part to your good thoughts. Doug, Steve, Don, Bruce, Alan, John, Mike, i'm very grateful. Larry, what can I say man. Ponyboy...stay gold Shawn :). I know I haven't been to the last couple of nsxdays and haven't come to hang out with good guys like Bailey (sry buddy), Mike, Joe, Tim, everyone. No one has held it against me, we have a great community here.
Both numo's are now closed, the lungs are functioning properly, and the chest tube is out. Pretty darn rewarding to finally get to hold and feed her last night, better than launching from a dig on the juice with slicks :wink:. She does have a canula in her nose which is providing her with some additional oxygen, but it's turned down pretty low now. My wife is heated at me b/c she says i'm better @ holding her and getting her to feed, I told her i'm just good w/ my hands from working on cars all these years, plus it's easy when her head fits perfectly into the palm of your hand :smile:. Next hurdle is getting her out of the NICU and home to mommy...but as my man Bob says...everyteen gonna be alright.

Jon Chance

Awesome news. When do we get to see the pics. Post up on the baby pics thread too.

Jon,

New guy here and I know we haven’t met yet, but I was so delighted to read that your daughter is doing so well so soon I wanted to say Congratulations on becoming a father.

Children are a wonderful gift and I’m sure she will bring you and your wife much joy and happiness everyday.

Sincerely,
Larry

Jon,

We haven't met either, but Iwish your daughter a quick recovery and you and your wife a big congratulations on becoming parents. Looking forward to meeting you at one of the next get togethers. Post pics of the little one as soon as you can!

Best wishes,

Tytus

Back