• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

installed Bend pack lift in my garage - 2 nsx's now bunk mates

Not to go off topic but anyway to see more pics of the NSX-R clone:biggrin:

Is the lift bolted to the foundation/concrete slab? I have the post tension slabs and cannot bolt/drill into the slab. A contractor told me that you can drill down with your standard Makita drill and if you hit the cable, it won't break with your little biddy drill bit. I never checked w/ the city if they have the blue prints on the location of the cables. Anytime (John) have any advice?

Jeff

Another option would be a 2-post Bendpak lift. John set me up with one years ago and it has been excellent. It does not bolt into the garage floor (which I like because when I sell the house the garage floor stays intact).

John and Benkbak ROCK when it comes to service, quality and value. Nice install Socalx.

Another option would be a 2-post Bendpak lift. John set me up with one years ago and it has been excellent. It does not bolt into the garage floor (which I like because when I sell the house the garage floor stays intact).

John and Benkbak ROCK when it comes to service, quality and value. Nice install Socalx.

Doesn't your 2 post take up 2 bays in the garage? My 4 post takes up 1 bay in my 2 car section of the garage...I can park another car next to the lift. Hmm, I thought all 2 post lifts required drilling into the slab...obviously I was mistaken. Do you have a model # or link ?

Jeff

PL-7 or PL-7X :biggrin:
249_2136188120.jpg
249_518908813.jpg

249.jpg

248.jpg

Last edited:
Everyone, I am kind of overwhelmed by the responses. I really appreciate all of the kind words

Wingz, V2fss, i really am not that much of a photographer, but here are pics of the car.

Attachments

• front planet acura.jpg
    front planet acura.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 125
  • white r 1.jpg
    white r 1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 151
  • CIMG5057.jpg
    CIMG5057.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 126
  • engine r.jpg
    engine r.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 148
  • gauges.jpg
    gauges.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 128
wow nice find.

a lesser quality lift goes for more.

im in the market for another one just like the one you got with the asymmetric lifting arms.

crammed for space as it is, it would be the 4th lift in my shop and would fit perfect against the entrance wall.

Ron, got any pics of the new shop? :D

Those look nice but I can see a problem if you service the car in that the legs of the lift would get in the way. I know they are designed more for storage though so you can't have your cake and eat it too. Thanks John!

Jeff

The floor is removable, if that helps. Its design is mostly as a storage lift. In the past 11 years, I have used the 4post wayyyy more than I do the 2post:redface:

I'm drooling like Homer - love it.

Anytime, is there any mechanism on the four post to raise the car so that you can change tires?

I have one of those they are great for saving space.

I just picked up a 7k lb 2 post lift the other day its pretty sweet. I got one of these used for $1k at a bank auction. Its like brand new, I think they go for $8k new. Looking forward to installing it this spring.

a7_1.jpg

I've had one in my garage for a year and a half now and no regrets. The Mohawk is the best designed lift IMHO. (I've been a mechanic -auto and jet- for 30+ years now, so I think I have some qualifications on what makes a great lift).

The only thing you won't like about the Mohawk lift is you won't be able to open your NSX car door open very far when properly positioned for a lift. I park the car about two feet from where it should be, get out and push the car to the correct spot, then set the brake. It's no big deal.

Also, I've stored my NSX since the installation of the Mohawk and have had no issues with the suspension (shocks, springs, etc.).

You got a great deal. Install and enjoy!

I had a different problem; Our house is "heritage" listed (Can not modify external look of garage). Dug out the floor of the garage; modified a standard 8,500lb four post hoist (using 2 standard platforms, 1 hydraulic/cable system & 4 new posts - double normal height). Now one goes down the hole!! Lots of CAD time & too much money, but very happy when it was done. If anyone wants more details PM me.:biggrin:

I had a different problem; Our house is "heritage" listed (Can not modify external look of garage). Dug out the floor of the garage; modified a standard 8,500lb four post hoist (using 2 standard platforms, 1 hydraulic/cable system & 4 new posts - double normal height). Now one goes down the hole!! Lots of CAD time & too much money, but very happy when it was done. If anyone wants more details PM me.:biggrin:
I have a 4-pole in a "historic" district...9' ceilings.

That sounds sick! please post some pictures!

Ron, got any pics of the new shop? :D

i got 2000sqft packed full of cars, parts, 3 lifts and JUNK! JUNK JUNK! :eek:

its messy as hell. i'll post some pictures once i get done with finishing up a car on the dyno.

"off center is right on target" is exact what i need :D

Last edited:
Ok, Here goes; You can see it was added to the rear of an old garage. I took the opportunity to extend below for a workshop/store room. Still needs to have finishing touches added, but it all works very nicely.

Attachments

• DSC00013.jpg
    DSC00013.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 209
  • DSC00019a.jpg
    DSC00019a.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 491
  • DSC00026.jpg
    DSC00026.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 194
^ that one is an awesome idea...is flooding a concern at all?

^ that one is an awesome idea...is flooding a concern at all?

It's no problem. We put a provision for a "bilge" pump in a drainage pit. The concrete has been in the hole for 4 years. The most water we had in the pit from seepage was about 1.5 gallons (6-7 litres) after about 2 weeks of heavy rain. That evaporated out after a week. The hole is in sand, which surely helps, but I've never even considered drilling a drain through the concrete; water may come up, as we're only about 60" (1.5m) above the water table. :wink:

Back