• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

installed Bend pack lift in my garage - 2 nsx's now bunk mates

First i would like to thank John "anytime" and bend pak for all the help.

I have a 3 car tandem garage (2 cars wide in the front 2 deep on the right side) and unfortunatly i have way more then 4 cars. I wanted to put the lift in the right rear of my garage and take advantage of the 10' ceiling to store both nsx's.

John and Bend Pak came to the rescue with a custom lift that is extra wide (and has the posts right out to the edge of my space) so that i can comfortably walk by either side of the cars, get to the rear door on my garage and makes parking the nsx on the bottom easy as i can pull it to the side and swing my door fully open. Bend pak also was nice enough to reverse the lift so the electronics and hydralics are on the left post instead of the right so that it fits perfectly for me to operate as my garage is wider on that side.

Anyway i cannot say enough kind words about bend pak or thank john enough for all the help and advise. After we decided how we wanted this custom lift to be layed out bend pak delivered and installed it in 2 1/2 weeks from when i ordered it. How can you beat that.

here are some pics
thanks and happy holidays

Attachments

• lift 1.jpg
    lift 1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 854
  • lift2.jpg
    lift2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 839
  • lift3.jpg
    lift3.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 622
  • lift4.jpg
    lift4.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 836
  • lift5.jpg
    lift5.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 828
  • lift6.jpg
    lift6.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 793
Last edited:
Wow! Words cannot describe how good that fits....it was worth all of the work behind the scenes that went into getting this lift exactly the way it should be.
Congrats on a nice garage with 2 NSXs....
John

OMG:eek:. Congrats with the new garage, that is my next thing on the list.

Wow that's pretty cool, my Fremont place has the exact same tandem 2 car garage that's 2 car's wide from outside. Only problem is our ceiling is only 7' so definitely cannot use a life or the car would be sitting in my living room...haha

What kind of house do you have? Our's is a townhouse which explains the low ceiling.

Talk about ballin with 2 NSX's and an s2000 up front! :biggrin: *bows down

And my g/f was saying I had too many impractical rides.....hehehe

rk

You are living the dream my friend, living the dream! Wow...2 NSX's and a S2K.

The install and setup looks awesome and I'll need to keep this in mind for the house I plan to build. Thanks for posting and enjoy.

I have one of those they are great for saving space.

I just picked up a 7k lb 2 post lift the other day its pretty sweet. I got one of these used for $1k at a bank auction. Its like brand new, I think they go for $8k new. Looking forward to installing it this spring.

a7_1.jpg

I have one of those they are great for saving space.

I just picked up a 7k lb 2 post lift the other day its pretty sweet. I got one of these used for $1k at a bank auction. Its like brand new, I think they go for $8k new. Looking forward to installing it this spring.

a7_1.jpg

wow nice find.

a lesser quality lift goes for more.

im in the market for another one just like the one you got with the asymmetric lifting arms.

crammed for space as it is, it would be the 4th lift in my shop and would fit perfect against the entrance wall.

Bunk mates...how true it is Tom, cuz how I remember it, always the older, more powerful and not to mention cooler sibling manages to get the top bunk :wink: Congrats, looks spectacular!

wow nice find.

a lesser quality lift goes for more.

im in the market for another one just like the one you got with the asymmetric lifting arms.

crammed for space as it is, it would be the 4th lift in my shop and would fit perfect against the entrance wall.

If I had the cash I would have purchased them all. I had the option to buy 6 of them, I only purchased 3.

1 for me, and two for my friend that owns a mechanics shop.

First i would like to thank John "anytime" and bend pak for all the help.

I have a 3 car tandem garage (2 cars wide in the front 2 deep on the right side) and unfortunatly i have way more then 4 cars. I wanted to put the lift in the right rear of my garage and take advantage of the 10' ceiling to store both nsx's.

John and Bend Pak came to the rescue with a custom lift that is extra wide (and has the posts right out to the edge of my space) so that i can comfortably walk by either side of the cars, get to the rear door on my garage and makes parking the nsx on the bottom easy as i can pull it to the side and swing my door fully open. Bend pak also was nice enough to reverse the lift so the electronics and hydralics are on the left post instead of the right so that it fits perfectly for me to operate as my garage is wider on that side.

Anyway i cannot say enough kind words about bend pak or thank john enough for all the help and advise. After we decided how we wanted this custom lift to be layed out bend pak delivered and installed it in 2 1/2 weeks from when i ordered it. How can you beat that.

here are some pics
thanks and happy holidays
what's the minimum ceiling height requirement? thanks:)

Is the lift bolted to the foundation/concrete slab? I have the post tension slabs and cannot bolt/drill into the slab. A contractor told me that you can drill down with your standard Makita drill and if you hit the cable, it won't break with your little biddy drill bit. I never checked w/ the city if they have the blue prints on the location of the cables. Anytime (John) have any advice?

Jeff

Is the lift bolted to the foundation/concrete slab? I have the post tension slabs and cannot bolt/drill into the slab. A contractor told me that you can drill down with your standard Makita drill and if you hit the cable, it won't break with your little biddy drill bit. I never checked w/ the city if they have the blue prints on the location of the cables. Anytime (John) have any advice?

Jeff

Post tension slabs aren't a problem. Craig (username Craig) bought my 4 post from me and the installers had to be slow and careful when drilling the posts. The bolts are only a few inches deep. Many think that you "have to bolt it down" because of thoughts of the baby giraffe effect (legs spreading apart and going straight to the ground). They are designed to not be bolted down and there is also a wheel kit that allows them to be moved around, while unloaded. Bendpak tested a 7000lb lift by adding 14000lb to it before showing signs of fatigue (and not bolted down)

Back