• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Introduce New NA1 Non-Pop up headlight conversion like NA2

Contrary to what people think, I think they look great installed. Nice. I'd paint they silverish-gray like the NA2s.

Paul

By the way someone asked if you can adjust the headlight beam. The answer is yes. Each light has three wing nuts and springs so that you can adjust the light pattern. I have yet to do this but will try very soon. Also with respect to HIDs. I have them setup on my old pop ups. I will take a look to see if they can fit in the new setup. At the Car and Coffee meet the other week a number of people came up and responed that they liked the setup. I will try and make the Jan31 Car and Coffee meet. So many of you can see for yourself. As for the install I would rate it relatively easy to do. I am still playing with the electricals. I would rate the fit to be about a 9.

Manny

you have done a lot of commendable work on these- congrats.
personally i think you are so close that it would be a shame to stop short of complete success. most people's only objection is the shape of the bubble- i gather that you produce the clear cover by heating the plastic and vacuum forming it to the mold. all you need is a mold that follows closer to the housing. if thats something you have trouble designing i can digitize the housing and produce a computer model that is literally a perfect copy only offset by whatever amount we think is good, say 0.250 in? that 3D model can be then mirrored for the other side and used to make your molds by simple milling. easy really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question,

Is there anybody that knows of a mount, base or adapter that can hold a single LED....I saw this on the Formula Red thread, and I was wondering if in the middle of this headlamp one can drill and place a high power LED to act as a turn signal....that would be THE ULTIMATE NA1 Type NA2 conversion! enjoy!

y1pdwuombVru5Mulvy6R_qPSajVVS6W04ZqKZyjA6rgRgRh0sxeZ512vr63Zzg3ECTWlloV4-GDIvY

Photoshop anyone? these headlamps on this front end? :cool:

Hard to do it due weird angle + low res pic from OP .. but here we go :)

x_ps.jpg

OScar

Here's a quickie....
Nevermind....I see Oscar and I have similiar photoshopping skills :tongue:

Danny, r u coming to the Palm Beach Supercar festival?
Oscar

Here's a quickie....

Nevermind....I see Oscar and I have similiar photoshopping skills :tongue:

Thanks Guys, just as I thought looks good enough for me! Just paint the housing Silver or Type-R White and DONE! Just need to see how one can fit an LED for a turn signal.

Paul

Last edited:
ウォッチリストに追加
カレンダーに追加
友だちにメールを送る

???? Lol ...

confirm
1. QWKSLVR
2.thoangbui
3. Kdfsplit
4. Diablo360
5. Kdirty130
6. arturo9801
7. Omega1

unconfirm
1.yoojeankim

My first shipment should be shipping out to me next week friday. I will keep more update.

UPDATE

confirm
1. QWKSLVR
2.thoangbui
3. Kdfsplit
4. Diablo360
5. Kdirty130
6. arturo9801
7. Omega1
8. drtruong

unconfirm
1.yoojeankim

I just received my first shipping of the headlight conversion today. In this shipping I only have 4 set of lights. I will have more light coming in end of this month. For those people who already enter the group buy please report to me if you want them. First come first serve.

I will post the picture later today. As most of the buyer request we will not install the clear cover on the headlight housing for you. Because some of the people like to paint it.

Thank you.

take me off the list. thanks

confirm

1. QWKSLVR
2.thoangbui
3. Kdfsplit
4. Diablo360
5. Kdirty130
6. arturo9801
7. Omega1
8. drtruong

If those buyer still interest please contact me.

I'm wondering how these lights may look (with & without clear covers) on a BB NA1 with Type-R hood installed. May be someone can photochop?

Last edited:
Back