• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Introduce New NA1 Non-Pop up headlight conversion like NA2

it sure is a big lump.... it breaks the line of the front. It just does not flow with the line of the fender and the hood. Sorry.

I'll bet unless you change the bumper, you'll have to have a 'big lump'.
The bumper cutout for the headlights on the 91 to 01 is shallower than the cutout on the 02+. :tongue:

Why don't you just get a MH headlight then?
The OEM lights also have the hump like these do. I kinda think that is the look he is going for rather than a knockoff of another a/m light. IMO:wink:

As Jeff said MH is out of production. ;)

Also I dont like the hump on the 02 front end headlight that is what is keeping me from doing the 02 conversion. If there is a flushed headlight with those HID projectors then I will be jumping on board. Been waiting for someone to make on like that with great quality and fitment.

Also I dont like the hump on the 02 front end headlight that is what is keeping me from doing the 02 conversion. If there is a flushed headlight with those HID projectors then I will be jumping on board. Been waiting for someone to make on like that with clean quality.
The 02 hump is tolerable for me but the conversion price is not. I also would be on board with a flush mount setup, but would like it to be of NSX quality. I still like the Taitec/Raybrig flush mounts but they are not sealed.

Also I dont like the hump on the 02 front end headlight that is what is keeping me from doing the 02 conversion. If there is a flushed headlight with those HID projectors then I will be jumping on board. Been waiting for someone to make on like that with great quality and fitment.

My bad. I apologize for saying that as it was not very polite.

The fit and finish of the marga hills headlights are crap, if you were _that_ interested in scoring a set they come up used all the time, and usually sell for an inexpensive amount.

These headlights have potential, but the angel eyes give off a 'cheap headlight' vibe, and the 'hump' needs to be reduced considerably - perhaps you could streamline the entire assembly by blending it into the front bumper, as revolution did with their version 2 fixed headlights.

Maybe if you remove the angel/halo rings, you can reduce the hump. I'm sure the diameter of the projectors would be less than with the "rings". Setting the projectors as low as possible in the "bucket" would also reduce the hump. Of course the light pattern would be cut off by the bumper, but a set of driving/aux lamps under the bumper would help with that.

These headlights have potential, but the angel eyes give off a 'cheap headlight' vibe, and the 'hump' needs to be reduced considerably -

I agree.
I replaced the headlights on my wife's 94 Integra last year and other than OEM all I could find were the lights with the 'angel eyes'. I thought I would like the look of them but once installed they did come across looking rather 'Pep Boy's-ish'.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I love the hump..without that its will NOT look right...02 have hump

There is no such thing as "NA1 headlights" or "NA2 headlights".
LOL, makes you wonder how much the seller knows about the NSX. Seems like just another company trying to make a quick buck.
Isn't ABS Dynamics sort of a "generic" bodykit company? Like VIS, Ground Designs, etc, etc.

None the less, I don't think the design is all that appealing. Front shot doesn't look all that bad, but the side shot says the headlight profile is way too high or too much bulge. Thats almost the height of the pre 02 headlights when they are raised from the closed position. I also think they should be available with or without the halo rings. I personally don't like them (the rings). And I don't think they are worth that price coming from a company like ABS Dynamics either. $500 maybe, but not $1900.

BTW, looking at your email addy, I think it might be incorrect.

We are working on down sizing the hump and making it more aerodynamic. The quality of this headlight is better than the other conversion kit that other company sell. We are not over pricing this headlight to all nsx owner. We have spend a lot of time and money on this new item. ABS Dynamics usually do aerodynamic kit for all Japan vehicle. I know headlight is not our strong specialty but we will try hard to develop good part to people that wants it. Thank you guys for your interest on this headlight.

We are working on down sizing the hump and making it more aerodynamic.

This is good to hear, as my two suggestions for this product would be to:

1. Reduce the hump, preferably down to about the hump size of the OEM 2002+ lights.

2. Leave out the Halo rings.

That would result in a product I've been dreaming of for some time :wink:

LOL, makes you wonder how much the seller knows about the NSX. Seems like just another company trying to make a quick buck.
Isn't ABS Dynamics sort of a "generic" bodykit company? Like VIS, Ground Designs, etc, etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Huh!!! that is one freaking hot headlights...
Ps..I remenber when DownForce was trying to make a "quick buck" ..so Don't....not cool

***OMG this is not a prototype leave it alone..****take it or leave it! its not ur design***

Last edited:
There is no such thing as "NA1 headlights" or "NA2 headlights".

NA1 is an engine code for the 3.0-liter NSX, which was sold in '91-96 with a five-speed manual transmission, and in '91-05 with an automatic transmission. NA2 is the engine code for the 3.2-liter NSX which was sold in '97-05 with a six-speed automatic transmission.

There have been two versions of headlights on the NSX. The '91-01 models, including NA1 engines and NA2 engines, came with retractable, conventional bulb headlights. The '02-05 models, including NA1 engines and NA2 engines, came with fixed, HID headlights.

Yes i knew it! You should all be ashamed.LOL:biggrin:

I LIKE IT!!!!!! The Halo's are cool. I don't really mind the hump too much. Great product, great initiative!

The hump by the looks of it can be "re-molded", i'm sure it wouldn't be too tought, take a peek at the NA2 and follow it's sillouette.

I know which FRONT BUMPER would go well with these lights! LOL

I'd like these headlights on my 93, if they were a modification of the popups which flipped 180 degrees like the 84-whatever corvettes. I would like them to look something like your picture (clear shield not nearly as pronounced) when they are in the "up" position, but want them hidden exactly as the stock popups are in the "down" position.

bja

Very Nice!:biggrin:

I'm sure that hump can be brought down to fit more snug with the light housing right:confused:

However, I'm not really in the market for this....I dunno...I like my pop ups:tongue:

Why don't you just get a MH headlight then?
The OEM lights also have the hump like these do. I kinda think that is the look he is going for rather than a knockoff of another a/m light. IMO:wink:

I think he would...I know I would but they (MH) have been out of production for a long time :biggrin:

Well, as many of you have pointed out and discussed the Marga Hills headlights are not produced any longer, BUT MARGA HILLS SOLD THE MOLDS...

So guess who has the original MARGA HILLS molds? :rolleyes:

If anyone's interested in trying to make their own set(s) or want them for mass reproduction send me an offer. Or maybe the company producing these new lights want them for prototype usage... Anyhow, let me know if anyone's interested.

Brandon
[email protected]
(573)528-7929 cell

My bad. I apologize for saying that as it was not very polite.

No worries bud.....I don't let things bother me too easily. :smile:

Anyways back on topic that is what I am looking for....I want something sealed, oem fitment, good quality of parts, flushed with HID projectors. So thats it if you can make one I will take a set. But just to let you know I think you are on the right track. Keep up the good work and maybe the price can be better. :biggrin:

Well, as many of you have pointed out and discussed the Marga Hills headlights are not produced any longer, BUT MARGA HILLS SOLD THE MOLDS...

So guess who has the original MARGA HILLS molds? :rolleyes:

If anyone's interested in trying to make their own set(s) or want them for mass reproduction send me an offer. Or maybe the company producing these new lights want them for prototype usage... Anyhow, let me know if anyone's interested.

Brandon
[email protected]
(573)528-7929 cell

I wouldnt know how to make my own set......also I would want to see one of these in person installed.

Some better pics of the Marga Hills:

007.jpg

021w.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

Back