• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is there any solution for rear tire wear issue?

I've been talking to NSX owners and everyone tells me that this is mainly caused by the inherent design of the NSX to have toe-in from the factory.

Being a newbie like myself, I was wondering why not just dial out the toe-in to a more reasonable degree to minimize tire wear?

Has anyone does this or any other mod to give better tire wear from the tires?

Just a thought since I would hate to replace the rear tires all the time!

thanks,
rick

Yea, replace them often with cheapies :biggrin:

Dial out the negative camber and toe in, add super hard long wearing tires, and what do you get? An incredibly poor handling NSX. But hey, nobody will ever know?

1. Don't drive the NSX.
2. Fill the tire with Nitrogen gas (supposely prolonged the tire life)
3. Don't drive too fast.
4. Always aligne your wheels.
5. Don't drive under hot sun (when the road surface is very hot).
6. Don't put too much weight on your car.

Never by cheap tires if the quality is not good. You don't want your car to have an accident do you?

Nitto has a new tire with a harder compound on the inside to extend the wear of the tire....but as of today only 225/35/20 is available....hopefully more sizes will be added in the near future.

That is a pretty good idea that nitto came up with. I remember how fast I used to wear the inner part of my tire on my lowered integra(my baby NSX).

Don't drive in a straight line.... You are correct as to why it happens, but realize the car is meant for driving the curves...hard. When the car goes into a corner, weight and gravity forces the wheel and tire to flaten out so that the rubber on the road. So when you are driving straight the wheels kida look like this // but in the turns they get like this || . Does that make sence? This is one of the primary reasons the NSX handles it's speed so well, and why it can hang with the Ferrari and Lambos on the track. Straightline...forget it...take em to the curves!

Back