• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I've let everyone down...JH4NA1157NT000018

Sorry to hear that, I can only imagine how depressing it must be. I've had something very similar happen to me, but in a far lesser car. I had bought an AWD Turbo DSM, with some minor bolt-ons on it. I didn't know that the previous owner had not tuned the car properly and it was running lean. I melted the entire exhaust side of the turbo, blew the rings, lost all the oil and seized the motor. On the same day that I bought it. I wasn't babying the car by any means, but I also was far from beating on it. I had simply downshifted to pass someone when the turbo went. I was foolish enough to try to limp the car home, and that's when I lost oil and seized the motor. It was a cold and rainy day, and the car was filling with smoke, so I had to stand outside for 3 hours on the side of a freeway getting rained on while waiting for a tow.

Considering how depressed that made me, I'm not sure how I would've been able to handle it if it was an NSX. Hopefully it doesn't sour you to the car, my experience made me hate DSMs with a passion.

Sorry to hear that, I can only imagine how depressing it must be. I've had something very similar happen to me, but in a far lesser car. I had bought an AWD Turbo DSM, with some minor bolt-ons on it. I didn't know that the previous owner had not tuned the car properly and it was running lean. I melted the entire exhaust side of the turbo, blew the rings, lost all the oil and seized the motor. On the same day that I bought it. I wasn't babying the car by any means, but I also was far from beating on it. I had simply downshifted to pass someone when the turbo went. I was foolish enough to try to limp the car home, and that's when I lost oil and seized the motor. It was a cold and rainy day, and the car was filling with smoke, so I had to stand outside for 3 hours on the side of a freeway getting rained on while waiting for a tow.

Considering how depressed that made me, I'm not sure how I would've been able to handle it if it was an NSX. Hopefully it doesn't sour you to the car, my experience made me hate DSMs with a passion.

To be quite honest, this experience has made me a little uneasy with the thought of getting another one. Not that I feel the car is not capable and that I mistrust it, but that I fear wrecking yet another rare vehicle.

Apparently, all of the report submissions in the state of Tennessee must be submitted through their new electronic system and it often stretches the time for which it is processed.

Mirrored Shades, do you remember me as the kid in the blue Z trying to keep up with the cars upfront through the Dragon? :cool: I admired your car as I whizzed past it near the beginning trying to keep up. :tongue:
Contrary to what most say, I find the early OEM wheels very attractive.

Contrary to what most say, I find the early OEM wheels very attractive.

:smile:

The car is no big deal. It can be replaced, fixed, cubed, whatever. You're lucky to not have been hurt by a big tree closer to your exit point. Plus, it wasn't my car.

The OEM wheels are nice. I have 2 sets. Plus I lost all my wheel money in the stock market.

Mirrored Shades, do you remember me as the kid in the blue Z trying to keep up with the cars upfront through the Dragon? :cool: I admired your car as I whizzed past it near the beginning trying to keep up. :tongue:

Of course. You did very well keeping up with us in the Z. Other than the missed turn at the dam. :biggrin:

Of course. You did very well keeping up with us in the Z. Other than the missed turn at the dam. :biggrin:

Yeah well... that's what happens when you're slow haha. :tongue:

I still found it!

Let me sort out this whole mess and maybe we can have a go at it again sometime before Christmas :rolleyes: and THIS TIME I will make sure and turn left before the bridge. :tongue:

Are you attending Import Alliance?

If the city/county has been told of trouble there before and did nothing to correct it, they may have some liability.
Technically (via precidence), maybe...but you you really believe other taxpayers should be financially responsible for the mistakes of other drivers?

45mph, 75mph..yah, they're about the same.

The video says 150 kph my friend. Someone else said 150 mph. I even said ( at 150kph ).

75 kph.

The county fills its pockets enough by taxing around here on the lake country. If there is some liability by the county, then the mistake does not solely rest on the driver as you say.
In retort, if the county has known about this infamous curve for awhile, why are we wasting taxpayer money and local government time with pointless court proceedings and unneeded emergency responders where they could be better used elsewhere?
All in all, the greatest loser here is the insurance company.

Hey,

I'm 20 as well, 21 in a couple months... but still im 20. And I'm looking for a black nsx around 25-35 grand pretty much what you paid for that one, would be awesome.

So reading your story nearly made me cry thinking about if that happened to me, now im thinking I dont ever want to go out unless the forecast says its clear. I do that alot anyways since I ride an R1 and rain SUCKS. I nearly crashed my bike the night I got it, riding home on a clear night suddenly turned into a ice/rain mix POURING soo much , and I was on the highway felt my bike slipping ALOT just by changing lanes, thank GOD that I did not crash at all that night. Was a VERY bad first night to have my R1, and thats not even close to your night.

I'm truly sorry that you have had that accident , that really honestly sucks. Hopefully, they can give you enough money to buy a new one AND buy that back and sell it again.

The guy who sold it to you seems very cool.

What were the specs on your nsx as far as miles and such go ? Do you have a thread about it ?

I'm looking to get one in the fall so im just gathering info right now.

-Dave Singh

Hey,

I'm 20 as well, 21 in a couple months... but still im 20. And I'm looking for a black nsx around 25-35 grand pretty much what you paid for that one, would be awesome.

So reading your story nearly made me cry thinking about if that happened to me, now im thinking I dont ever want to go out unless the forecast says its clear. I do that alot anyways since I ride an R1 and rain SUCKS. I nearly crashed my bike the night I got it, riding home on a clear night suddenly turned into a ice/rain mix POURING soo much , and I was on the highway felt my bike slipping ALOT just by changing lanes, thank GOD that I did not crash at all that night. Was a VERY bad first night to have my R1, and thats not even close to your night.

I'm truly sorry that you have had that accident , that really honestly sucks. Hopefully, they can give you enough money to buy a new one AND buy that back and sell it again.

The guy who sold it to you seems very cool.

What were the specs on your nsx as far as miles and such go ? Do you have a thread about it ?

I'm looking to get one in the fall so im just gathering info right now.

-Dave Singh

Here's the for-sale thread:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104538&highlight=black+ivory

It should tell you everything you want to know about its condition prior to the accident.

Hopefully, its condition will be ackowledged by my insurance company and, as you say, I'll be able to easily get into another one.

Brian is an awesome guy and a knowledgeable NSX guru.

We know things happen for a reason so this will sort itself out.

Last edited:
To be quite honest, this experience has made me a little uneasy with the thought of getting another one. Not that I feel the car is not capable and that I mistrust it, but that I fear wrecking yet another rare vehicle.

I think you'd feel better if you FIXED the rare vehicle you wrecked. Then you wouldn't feel like you sent it to the graveyard. What's wrong with that? :smile:

Well #18 WILL be fixed. I will make sure that it doesn't go to the graveyard.

Though I don't really care about the value of the car after it has been fixed since I don't plan on selling my own car anytime soon, I do care about its structural integrity and there's no guarantee that #18 will be what it was before the accident.

Thanks for the link to the thread, that car was an amazing find at a great price ! Totally clean... wow

Keep us updated

Thanks for the link to the thread, that car was an amazing find at a great price ! Totally clean... wow

Keep us updated

I had been watching this car for well over a month via the ebay auctions and KNEW it was the one.

The only cure for your ailment is another nice car that you have no questions on! I will be looking at your next nsx in a few hours.. :biggrin:

Well #18 WILL be fixed. I will make sure that it doesn't go to the graveyard.

Though I don't really care about the value of the car after it has been fixed since I don't plan on selling my own car anytime soon, I do care about its structural integrity and there's no guarantee that #18 will be what it was before the accident.

Yeah, you're right.

Talked to the head adjuster this morning.

She said the car would be moving out in the next two days or so to get inspected and appraised and that I would know the final appraisal value sometime next week.

I would liked to have been in another around the 19th, but it's looking more like the 26th is the day.

At least things are moving around here.

Back