• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I've let everyone down...JH4NA1157NT000018

I would like to ask the county to reroute Lakeview Dr. and cut the tree down since it's so close to the road that it's on government property, but whether or not they will hear me is a bleak matter.

You are handling this with great maturity and I applaude your approach. I am very sorry this happened and the fact that everyone is safe is obviously most important.

Something like this happened to me when I was 17 and was selling a car before going off to college. Wet road, hit some plywood on the raod while shifting between 2nd and 3rd at about 40 on a soft bend on ramp and before I knew it the car spun around slowly and plowed into a rock wall with the passenger side. The potential buyer was in the car and his freind and they were about to buy the car, a 1970 Road Runner. No one was hurt, thank God, but the car was wiped out on that side, broken wheel and suspennsion, and no insurance. Got 3 tickets on the spot from a cop that was going to teach me a lesson. I was a couple of hundred yards from my house when this happened. I felt sick about that accident for years, but have never had another one since, knock wood! Maybe I paid my dues and have been lucky and/or more careful since that incident, so maybe your fate will be similar, this being your first and last accident. Hope so!

Check to see if there is any evidence of oil where you lost control. At an intersection cars or trucks may stop and leave oil deposits. Mix that with water and you have the same if not worse than ice.

Good luck and be safe,

Tytus

Wow, those images hurts A LOT!
Quite the heart break, but VERY glad you are safe.
Hope all comes out well.

Went back to the scene a few minutes ago.

There was a little gravel, but the greatest factor was that the pavement was so worn down that it was slick to even stand on in broad daylight. Has probably not been repaved in a long long time. That paired with the humid night and the dew made it ripe for an accident.

The skid marks also indicate that I lost control after the crest of the turn and was already in the downslope before she understeered.

It was also evident that I was not the first person to hit this tree.

Hopefully this situation can turn out for the best and that no one will ever have an accident at that intersection/curve again.

Wow this sucks. Normally I wouldn't believe a 20 year old kid didn't wreck his brand new sports car by "leisurely" driving it with a friend in the car. But I think I do in this case. I'm glad you and your passenger are ok. I'm sorry for your loss and for the loss of one seriously pristine NSX. That car had just had lots of maintenance work done to it, and it had nothing but potential.

That car might be ok. The rear hatch and bumper appear not to have moved. Honda designed these cars like a race car. It looks like the wheel took most of the energy. You might just need suspension components, a bolt on rear quarter panel and a few misc. parts. I would guess about $10,000 to $12,000. Tell USAA you don't want the car to be totaled and the will work with you. If it does get totaled, they will not sell it back to the owner. USAA also will not insure salvage titles.

John

Wow, that is a bad end to the day. I saw that car online and remember how clean it looked. Hopefully this is not the cars last sunset. By the way, you may want to put up your passeneger window so that it does not rain into the car, ruin that beautiful interior, and cause even more damage.

I've covered the entire car with a heavy duty tarp and tied it down.

If what you say about USAA is true, that is unfortunate. Although we have had a rebuilt vehicle insured by them for some time.

This is my first accident, so I'm a little inexperienced in this insurance business. I've never even been pulled over.

Sorry to hear/read/view your accident. Its a BLESSING you are here to tell the story. As a few have said, accidents happen and they are NOT "on PURPOSES". :rolleyes: Once you and USAA have squared up with a settlement offer/deal, get what you want and take it to the track to get seat time. EVERYTHING happens for a reason. Good Luck

Wow. That definitely sucks to hear. But, I am glad that you are ok as well as your passenger.

On a side note, if they do total the car, are you allowed to pull off a couple of interior parts? If so, I will buy some of them from you.

Keep us updated on everything. And keep your head up.

Nathan

I would like to ask the county to reroute Lakeview Dr. and cut the tree down since it's so close to the road that it's on government property, but whether or not they will hear me is a bleak matter.

Good luck. I can't even get them to mow the grass at an intersection near my house where I can't see in because the grass is taller than the Ferrari.

Good luck. I can't even get them to mow the grass at an intersection near my house where I can't see in because the grass is taller than the Ferrari.

I didn't expect them to do it, but I want to at least raise the issue.

I may go take the Husqvarna and do it myself.

Ok, So to start off, Jared, I as I have told you when you called this is terrible, I feel soooooooo bad for you.. I appreciate the things you say and look forward to meeting up in the future. On the other side of this.

Sarge, I can assure you this "young person" would not lie about what happened, He is the most mature and impressive 20 yr old that I have met in a long time. Actually other than being alot smaller he reminds me of me at 20.

If he says he wasnt driving stupid I beleive him 100%. I think he whinced when I took the car into vtec when he came to get it. :biggrin:

Jared. Dont do anything until you get ahold of me. I have another nsx on the way and would like to figure out if we can work it out, if so I would love to rebuild that car:biggrin:

Either way, as I have said Jared, Its an accident. No body could have seen it coming. It happens. Its how you handle it that makes the difference in its outcome. Good luck man and dont forget to get ahold of me.

Let everyone down? Come over here and let us give you a noogie. Now, get out there and just don’t do it again, ya big lug.

Brian,

Thanks for all the kind words. Very few people on this forum have met me ( when I came to get the car, I thought you might think that my dad was me :biggrin: ), but it's understandable seeing the typical 20 year old nowadays :rolleyes: .

If it makes you feel any better, I have another funny story to tell about the accident.
For one, the deputies on the scene couldn't get the vehicle right "Nissan NXS?" ( By the way why do people think it's a Nissan? )
They asked my friend Danny ( the cicada kid ) who showed up on the scene about a half an hour later how much I paid for it. They asked "what?...10?"

Danny says "no...more like 27" .... so the deputy walks over to the others and says "kid didn't pay but $2700 for the car". Danny quickly interrupted him and said "no dude...$27000"..."

"OH...I wanna get into what he's doing!"

"He's Air Force"

"Oh... government stuff" :tongue:

Needless to say, the bugs were not in full force that night. :biggrin:

You are right. I barely scratched at the surface of the performance the NSX was capable of delivering. I mostly tested it out by 5th gear torque in passing the annoying semi in front of me on the interstate home. I had it in the upper RPM band maybe 4 or 5 times, most just coaxing it up there and not at WOT.

The car's not fragile, but I wanted to keep it for a long time. :frown:

Ok, So to start off, Jared, I as I have told you when you called this is terrible, I feel soooooooo bad for you.. I appreciate the things you say and look forward to meeting up in the future. On the other side of this.

Sarge, I can assure you this "young person" would not lie about what happened, He is the most mature and impressive 20 yr old that I have met in a long time. Actually other than being alot smaller he reminds me of me at 20.

If he says he wasnt driving stupid I beleive him 100%. I think he whinced when I took the car into vtec when he came to get it. :biggrin:

Jared. Dont do anything until you get ahold of me. I have another nsx on the way and would like to figure out if we can work it out, if so I would love to rebuild that car:biggrin:

Either way, as I have said Jared, Its an accident. No body could have seen it coming. It happens. Its how you handle it that makes the difference in its outcome. Good luck man and dont forget to get ahold of me.

Seeing those pics just hurts...this is ONE reason I rarely let other friends drive my cars!

WOW talk about bad luck but no point 2nd guessing yourself at this point, accidents happen - good thing you were driving your own car and not doing a test drive of someone else's NSX or you'll be in deep #@$%

gluck
rk

Hey, also sorry to hear about your wreck. I have driven nsx's for 11 years as (mostly) daily drivers and probably have logged 150k. Never a wreck. BUT always extreme respect in the rain (like I'm the little old lady kind of respect). I have always felt that the NSX gets me out of more bad situations than into them. But with all of that experience, I also know that every time I go out, my life (and passenger) is in my hands or the hands of somebody who is texting while applying makeup. Take your money, buy another and as long as your tires are great, just be careful in the rain. that is the lesson...nothing more, nothing less. btw, I rebuilt a $70k lexus a few years ago and couldn't sell it, finance it, insure it and wish I had never done it.

I think he whinced when I took the car into vtec when he came to get it.

I had it in the upper RPM band maybe 4 or 5 times, most just coaxing it up there and not at WOT. The car's not fragile, but I wanted to keep it for a long time.

Hey Brian, this kid remind you of anyone you know? :biggrin: :wink:

Kyle, when are you coming out to the track???? :wink:

I am instructing now for the CIRPCA/KYPCA and NASA. I will be at Putnam this weekend with KYPCA and the following Fri for a one day at Putnam. I know there are still spots open for Fri (6/27). :biggrin:

When I bought mine last Sept, I drove it home 1800 miles in the rain half of the time, at speeds of 75mph + and never felt any slippage at all. I can't believe that the tires on your car are rated very highly(wet and dry ratings).
Put a set of Goodyear F1's (or other top of the line tires) on your next NSX, they are great wet or dry.
Glad that you're ok, that's the main thing, cars can be replaced, don't let it shake your confidence in the NSX, it's a great car.

Hey Brian, this kid remind you of anyone you know? :biggrin: :wink:

Yeah You! But he doesn't talk and act like he drives! He simply wanted to enjoy a stock car. I for one would rape the shit out of my car if I had your "mods" I put them in quote marks cuz they are more of a ornament for you:biggrin:

DRIVE YOUR CAR KYLE QUIT BEING A SISSY!!!!

"oh i dont want to hurt it" :mad: DRIVE IT!!! Thats what it was built for!:biggrin: :biggrin:

Ok, Rant over! Back to our regularly scheduled programming

I dunno...our regularly scheduled program was pretty depressing.

Can we leave it on this channel? :tongue:

Back