• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

JH4NA1182TT000113 Sebring Silver 1996 NSX For sale at manheim

Thats terrible, I remember having dinner with ryan and his fiance at xpo 11. RIP

How has this not been discussed? He was a really nice guy and a contributing member to our family. Sad.

As an aside, how is that car a 4.0 CR?

Yea I think the 4.0 cr must be because he works there. If is brought that in it would be half that.

Is this rarity of this car worth anything more then a grand or two above a regular Nsx T due to 1 of 2 ? I'm assuming the extra value went out the window with an accident and repaint, but not sure.

Yea I think the 4.0 cr must be because he works there. If is brought that in it would be half that.

Is this rarity of this car worth anything more then a grand or two above a regular Nsx T due to 1 of 2 ? I'm assuming the extra value went out the window with an accident and repaint, but not sure.
Sadly with the history I don't see it doing super well. It is a nice car but history hurts. I see value under average no matter color. I'm sure I'll see The Kid online here in a few when it runs through..

so what will be the retail on this one.

so what will be the retail on this one.

If i had bought this for that, i'd likely drive it on a dealer tag for a month or two while looking for the 40-42k, then drop it when i was ready to move on, and i could see ripping it for high 30's easily enough. Hard to tell without having it in front or me to check fit and finish.

It was probably fake money and then sold on the re run. I logged in a few cars too late, but had a proxy on it just in case they gave it away. They sent me an email saying 34.5 was sold price, should be in post sale in a day or two.

1996 ACURA NSX T
JH4NA1182TT000113
Engine/Trans: 6G / 5S
Int/Ext: SILVER/ BLK
Odo: 45289
Lane/Run: 22-42
SOLD
Your proxy bid was 27,500 USD

Last edited:
I own the car now and if anyone, that is a serious buyer, would like to know the facts on this car feel free to contact me at mycarcorner.com

I own the car now and if anyone, that is a serious buyer, would like to know the facts on this car feel free to contact me at mycarcorner.com

Since you wanted me to post everything you wrote to me, I might as well oblige.......

"Like a typical Honda know it all, you did not answer any of my questions.
Are you Nathan?
Were you there for an accident?
Do you know the back story of why things were listed?
Carfax and Autocheck say no accident, no one can tell me different. Manheim's pre inspection listed repaired unibody, they have been wrong before. I spoke with both the owner and the girl at Manheim who did the condition report, they told me they listed it because one of the fenders was replaced. These fenders have been modified to fin the tires after being lowered, Manheim's policy about frame is different than the real world. I know this because I am one of Manheim Philadelphia's top 5 buyers every month. That's a fact I can back up. So unless you were in an accident with this car or saw this car smashed up then I am not misrepresenting the car. I've had this car looked over by my mechanic and my body guy and all three agreed that this car does not show frame damage and that Manheim was protecting themselves. This s car wasn't even suppose to have a green light the first time, does the NSX community know that? Do they know why it want back to Manheim? Did they know Manheim broke policy for me so I could get my own post sale inspection? Do they know I bought this car TWICE?? I have all the facts and all the stories and I debated buying this car because I hate selling Hondas and this is why, you are busting my chops with zero facts."

I did some research on this car prior to Ryan buying it. I am looking for my notes on who or what info I had on a front end collision. Then @ 2011 NSXPO I confirmed it. The front end looked like a slightly different shade of silver to me. I also noticed color difference in a couple shots that Manheim took of it.

Thank you for posting everything. Did you want to answer any of my questions?

We all know the front has been repainted, there are no reports of accidents and I would like someone to give me solid info on frame damage. I spoke with everyone that I know that has touched this car and no one can tell for 100% about any prior damage.

If there was damage it was repaired to outstanding standards. As far as paint shade difference, feel free to come by the dealership to look, I do not see it.

If anyone has info about this car I would love to hear about it. I don't want people that haven't seen the car tell me about it and then talk crap on message boards.

I'm not here to hide anything and no matter what, this is a very nice car that is priced very well.

ANYONE IS WELCOME TO EXAM THIS CAR!!

If you are going to question me and this car don't be surprised if I question your facts.

There is only spotty info on prime about this car....and very sadly the previous owner has died:frown:...from researching posts on prime the front was repainted and the fender wells where shaved or rolled.The car is listed as a gpw..and we know it is sebring....what we don't know for sure is where the car was painted...did it come over as a gpw and was then repainted or was that done in Japan....as far as accident goes we only have hearsay.

This car was painted Sebring Silver by Honda. There are no questions about that.

Do you know if it was done at the factory or by Honda USA after it arrived here?
It left the factory as a white which suggests it was done here.

Love that this guy just joined the forum to defend the car he is trying to move. I honestly have not seen that before. The "I do not like selling Honda's" comment was great. LOL! Wrong community to do that in and you gain no respect. If frame damage is the issue then the easy fix is go to a reputable frame shop and put it on the rack. Not "your guys" There are a lot of respected guys chiming in on this thread and I would trust their info more than anything from the dealer
Not sure he should even be part of the Prime community.

Wagoneertony -

45$ K buy it now.

"This car can be found on the internet in different forums and sites listed by the previous owner and the previous dealer that sold it to him. This is the only place that this car can be bought, it is also priced much less than the other owners."

"we are serious sellers but not interested in offers that are not able to be backed up."

"It is missing the spare tire, jack and tools, and owner's manual." "The right front headlight doesn't go up, that is currently in the works of being repaired. The climate control is inop," "This car comes with a clean Carfax and Autocheck, both in hand and cannot be emailed. This car is accident free but had paint work on the front when the fenders were shaved."

Trust you, of course. Both in hand and cannot be emailed adds to the trust.

Do you know if it was done at the factory or by Honda USA after it arrived here?
It left the factory as a white which suggests it was done here.

It's my understanding that the tags affixed to the car during production are more accurate as to what the car was actually born with rather than what is in the database. Assuming it doesn't have a counterfeit color code tag, which I believe most people that have seen the car are confident that it does not, the car was produced by the factory as a sebring silver / black car.

I think it's a pretty cool car and didn't see anything in the old posts at all about frame damage. Could someone point me to this or is it based on Manheim stating it had unibody damage at auction? Seems to me like the alleged frame/collision damage is based on the fact it had paint work on the front and whatever the deal is with the fenders. I'm sure anyone who isn't a complete neophyte would be able to tell this by putting this car up on a lift and taking a look at it. So, to those who are interested get a PPI and if it looks like it had collision damage go from there.
my 2 cents

RIP Ryan.

Brian was interested in this nsx before Ryan purchased it and was told by prior owner of front damage and repairs.

- - - Updated - - -

Fleabay auction ended with the top bid being $33,000. He lowered the reserve today but it wasn't reached. Interesting to see that the bidding up from $28k to $33k was done by two bidders with no ebay history and one bidder having a new identity on ebay.

Last edited:
RSO, you worry more about my car than I do. Want a job as a lot boy?
I did offer the car to both bidders if they would like them at my reserve. It will not be back on ebay.

Alum04, I was given the autocheck and carfax, that is why I can not email them. They are printed out and would be happy to fax them to anyone that would like them.

RSO, you worry more about my car than I do. Want a job as a lot boy?

Thanks but I couldn't cut it in that gig. I'm too honest........

- - - Updated - - -

Alum04, I was given the autocheck and carfax, that is why I can not email them. They are printed out and would be happy to fax them to anyone that would like them.

But perhaps I could take a job as an IT guy and I could teach you how to use a scanner.

The best part, RSO, I was honest about everything and I asked you to prove me wrong. You still haven't. The only thing you have done is talk crap about a car you don't know anything about. I can say that because I have asked you to prove that statement wrong multiple times and you haven't. The only think you have done is bad mouthed me and my car. You say things you can't back up and you say things you would never say to my face.

Other people here have pointed out the same facts that I have about this car and I have done nothing but welcome any serious buyers to come check this car out.

You are correct Melvin, I can take photos of the history reports if someone would like it.

Back