• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just got a 2004 Lexus IS300

Anyone have one of these? How did you like it? In my 1 day, it seems awesome! bought it cheap since it is a salvaged car. Owner owns his own body shop and fixed it up when times are slow.

had a 2002 5spd. great car, had Tein HA coilovers and TRD sways. sold it when i got the the NSX Click the link to my Garage to see it.

Last edited:
I really like those cars for a DD. I see them everywhere around here and they can be fixed up nice.

I have a GS400 and it has been bullet proof.

Bought a 2004 new. 5 speed.

Looked good- loved the interior.

Hated the 5 speed. When shifting the revs dropped so slow I could rarely get a smooth shift. :cool:

Currently have an '11 350.

Congrats, great cars. :smile:

I've got a 2005 5 speed, I put in an OEM LSD and some Tanabe sway bars and it's perfect, it's been a great daily. I just got some new wheels for it yesterday actually, haven't had time to get the tires mounted yet though.

Got it in December last year and I've already put 10k miles on it, haven't had a single issue.

I used to know a tech at Lexus and he said he hardly ever sees them come in for major service, they are dead reliable and 200k+ miles are no problem at all.

I eventually want to get an IS300 SportCross and swap over all the manual bits from my sedan though, sporty wagons ftw. :D

IMG_8554.jpg

Bought a 2004 new. 5 speed.

Looked good- loved the interior.

Hated the 5 speed. When shifting the revs dropped so slow I could rarely get a smooth shift. :cool:

Currently have an '11 350.

It's got a 29lb flywheel, lol.

I can't wait for the day the clutch goes out in mine so I have an excuse to put a 14lb Fidanza in.

My wife & I bought a 2002 new that she drove every day for nearly 4 years. I wasn't that big a fan of the car, but that was primarily due to the silly e-shift transmission (she can't drive a manual) but she loved it.
My sister has had that car since as her dd and I think it's now got 160,000 on it.
The drivetrain remains solid. My sister has had some minor issues now that the car is getting on in age & miles but its still running strong.
The one pain with that car was it's appetite for tires. As I recall it burns through tires in 10,000 - 15,000 miles. We tried adjusting the alignment but then the handling was ruined... We tried changing tires but were unsatisfied with that too.
I'm used to getting low mileage from tires (my S2000's, NSX & current Porsche all eat rubber) but that IS sticks out to me as being particularly bothersome... Maybe because BMW 3's and Audi A4's don't eat tires like that.

Congrats, great cars. :smile:

I've got a 2005 5 speed, I put in an OEM LSD and some Tanabe sway bars and it's perfect, it's been a great daily. I just got some new wheels for it yesterday actually, haven't had time to get the tires mounted yet though.

Got it in December last year and I've already put 10k miles on it, haven't had a single issue.

I used to know a tech at Lexus and he said he hardly ever sees them come in for major service, they are dead reliable and 200k+ miles are no problem at all.

I eventually want to get an IS300 SportCross and swap over all the manual bits from my sedan though, sporty wagons ftw. :D

IMG_8554.jpg

Been looking at those sportcrosses for some time. I wish they made them in a manual. I'm rolling and accord wagon as a DD and the sportcrosses have zero room in them compared.

Had a 2001 for 4 yrs and loved it. Eventually sold it for a e46 m3 which was also great but I missed the nimbleness of the IS.

Posted from my iPhone

Back