• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Keep it or sell it?

yo

Registered Member
I have owned an NSX since 1999. I have always loved the car and this community. I bought another two seater today and I am torn between selling it and keeping it. I have not put many miles on it the last couple years and I am thinking now it will be even less. Thoughts?

A very personal decision, but FWIW, I've found that many who've sold their NSX later wish they hadn't. I guess it comes down to how much you think that you'll miss it.

what is the other car? and do you know Don Gallo?

CDX_NSX - Agreed, hence my concern. It is not a money thing, just feel like it will be wasting away. I have always treated it like 'is was a car made for driving'. I have already asked some friends if they are interested, just so I could keep in touch with the car. :)

Docjohn - I don't know Don. Should I? I bought an F430 spider.

you will love the F-car till it breaks down. then the NSX gets treated better by driving it.

how about dump some money into the NSX then it could DOG the F-car like a supercharger, headers, exhaust, air intake, chassis supports,
better rims 02 Conversion etc. then it would be a new car again and it can beat or match anything thats out there.

An F430 Spider is pretty reliable. Probably more exciting to drive than a 22 year old NSX (although as mentioned if you mod the NSX it can be a thrilling car and very livable). I regretted selling my first NSX and ended up buying another after two years of having only the boring daily driver sedan. But if you can afford the F430 as a "fun car" then you probably won't miss the NSX.

Last edited:
always keep and keep collecting cars IMO

I agree with socold, keep it. If you have ever missed selling a car even a little bit then for sure you will miss selling the NSX. The F430 is leaps and bounds better than the NsX (guys, it's ok to admit this) but if you are a car guy then your NSX will always have a little space in your life, think Jay Leno and his car collection. If I had the space I would never sell a car, I've missed them all for some reason or another and they weren't even special cars, and the money you get for selling them never really replaces the convenience of just having them around when wanted for whatever random reason. Plus the NSX is pretty dirt cheap to maintain as compared to the F430. But you can enjoy them both.

You all have good points. My dad of 70 still talks about 2-3 cars he wished he had never sold. The NSX is the only car I have ever owned that went up in value. When I started writing up the ad I thought "man, this is a great car" :)

Is the f430 as easy to drive and live with like the nsx? That's one of the main reasons I love the car. Visibility is great. Car is light on its toes. With the proper gearing and a supercharger I find the car quite enjoyable to drive. I'm not naive enough to think an f430 may not be better though... I just know I won't like the maintenance on the Ferrari.

The NSX is dialed on every level. I have never had a complaint. The f430 is a different level (not disrespecting a SC NSX) in which the feel and sound do not compare. The f430 is F1 transmision so it is actually easier to drive compared to a manual. The f430 has a 2 year warranty that covers everything so I figure I have two years to love it or hate it. I am losing sleep thinking that when I sell the f430 I will be looking for the NSX.

Fwiw, I have been looking for an 03+ nsx for a couple months. The Ferrari dealer threw me the keys during a service and I feel in love. This is the result....

I would recommend that you hold onto the NSX for a period of time, whether it be several weeks or months before you make a decision. That way you can really find out if you still enjoy the car.

If you find in a few months the NSX hasn't moved, then you know it's time to move on. If when you drive it and have that smile wash across your face; you know you should keep it.

Keep the NSX. Keep it safe away from the elements. Enjoy the F430 as its a beautiful car. Be an example of a Ferrari owner who isnt smug and appreciates sports cars that have inspired everyone today.

If money is not an issue for you and you have the space, keep the NSX. Since I could afford it, I have always had a sports car in addition to my sedan. I have always gotten bored after a year or so and would swap them out for another. The NSX is the first car I enjoy the longer I have it. I just sent the car to Shawn to have the interior refurbished, planning on having the car for years to come. Keep it!

Like others have said, if money is not an issue then don't sell it.

I completely regret selling mine 2 years ago. They say you should live life without regrets. This is literally the only regret I have in life. Every other "regret" that I could have had can be reasoned out as to something that was for the best and was bound to happen. Selling the NSX was the only thing that doesn't fall into that category for me. So now I'm looking for another.

I literally hopped on the forum to look at for sale ads and saw this thread here so I had to chime in. Maybe you won't miss it. But you've also had it for 15 years so when it disappears you may think differently. Like someone said, hold on to it for a while, maybe don't even drive it and see how you feel.

Don is a former NE member who moved to co..he has both an nsx and an older Ferrari.

Until recently I had two NSXs. The redundancy and overlap became counterproductive to why I love the car so I sold one of them to a friend. My original NSX is modified to the hilt but you wouldn't know it at first glance. The 2nd NSX was more stock. The long gears..the body roll..the uninspiring stock exhaust renewed all those feelings I didn't like about a stock NSX.

in my personal opinion, I think spending $5-15k on a modern exhaust, dynamic suspension, and short gears or a supercharger will change your NSX ownership experience (not sure if you drive a stock NSX or not).

In LA driving a Ferrari brings the wrong kind of attention. Driving an NSX brings welcome attention from actual car guys which I don't mind. Most of the time I'm able to enjoy a drive in the canyons inconspicuously where I'm left to enjoy one of the last great analog cars...

I'm not knocking my the Ferrari. They are fantastic but personally I feel like I'd buy a GT3 for various reasons.

congrats on the purchase!

Keep both. Hopefully the F430 is also red too.

The value of your NSX doesn't seem that it will make too much of a financial impact. Either way, sitting on it for a couple more years may even yield a bit of appreciation that will offset ownership costs.

If anything, sell your house and get more garage space. (if necessary, haha)

I was just looking at some pictures of the 430 and I have to say it's a beautiful car. If you have the space and you don't need the cash I'd keep both just because I think you'll regret selling the NSX in the long run. Since you have a 15 year history with the NSX you'll miss it. Post some pictures for crying out loud!!:biggrin:

Thanks for the replies. As I mentioned above, this is a great community.

It is not about the cash, I feel kinda bad for the car. It was made to be driven. It is not about the space, my company has an underground garage :)

When I bought the car, my colleague (previous owner) had not seen the car in a year. He had moved to NM and left the car behind due to a gravel driveway. When he came up to sign the docs he was quite upset that he had sold it. Don't want to feel like that for sure.

Aluminsx - maybe this says it all. When I read your post I immediately thought about nsx photos to post, not f430.

For a guy who doesn't post here much, he gives great advice.
Keep the NSX. Keep it safe away from the elements. Enjoy the F430 as its a beautiful car. Be an example of a Ferrari owner who isnt smug and appreciates sports cars that have inspired everyone today.

It is not about the cash, I feel kinda bad for the car. It was made to be driven.

Then MAKE time to drive it. Promise yourself you'll drive it at least once a month, if not once a week. In fact, right now, go drive it, wring its neck a bit, THEN tell us whether you still want to sell it. If so, sell it. If there's still a pang of "damn, this car drives great", you know you should keep it.

Keep it, the numbers are getting low and low by the day....its the most iconic japanese sports car of the 90's next to the nissan skyline and the fd body rx7......

You're asking a question that ONLY YOU can answer. Like dquarasr2 said, go and give it a good spin then you should have the answer. You've also said money is not a problem, then why bother selling. No one car is alike, even the same NSX. They each have its own soul and probably drive differently. Just my 2 cents.

Back