• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kip and Shad aka Driving Ambition SCCA Run-offs October 2018

right before Q2. Notice there's no tension. :biggrin::biggrin:

Attachments

• DSC_0044.JPG
    DSC_0044.JPG
    305.1 KB · Views: 197
  • DSC_0007.JPG
    DSC_0007.JPG
    406.7 KB · Views: 284
  • DSC_0032.JPG
    DSC_0032.JPG
    377.3 KB · Views: 199
Badges, badges.....you NEED the steenking badges!!!

So they’ve been protested apparently by the favored team who is a second behind Kip.

It includes not having an Acura badge on the front hood. :eek::rolleyes::mad:

OK it’s more than that but it’s the kind of trivia that gets drug off the track & into the stewards’ office.

Attachments

• BFDB3423-93EE-4293-9AB4-57C0D4EFD09D.jpg
    BFDB3423-93EE-4293-9AB4-57C0D4EFD09D.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Ambushed. !!!

Well the pole times have been taken away so Kip will have to start at the back & fight his way thru traffic to post a Q time this afternoon. :mad:

The other things that were “not right” include side scoops & back window scoop not being close enough to a “stock shape”. How’s that for chicken shit?

And that’s the latest from the front.

Important stuff to go fast......too fast

Uh , yep:rolleyes:

Attachments

• DA82CE0D-ECBC-40CE-97BB-5D205ADA2B21.jpg
    DA82CE0D-ECBC-40CE-97BB-5D205ADA2B21.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 201
  • 51C8E99E-09B3-4F15-9957-E2DB3EA0A0DE.jpg
    51C8E99E-09B3-4F15-9957-E2DB3EA0A0DE.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 201
The good news is he lost his times but still was gridded 1st out. The bad news is he had to come in for some reason (I’m still in the stands) on the outlap & came back out in traffic & only managed a 41 00 so he’ll be starting 2nd. but on the front row so that’s acceptable. Quite the day for BS drama.

Last edited:
So the car was OK when it ran in previous Runoffs but now that’s kicking butt it isn’t. :mad:

Last edited:
Well, not exactly, but yeah, sort of...........

So the car was OK when it ran in previous Runoffs but now that’s kicking butt it isn’t. :mad:

I'm not an SCCA official and would never play one at any time in any condition, but...........Two things: 1) Rules can be changed at almost any time by listing for comment in the SCCA official notices, and 2) you can sue (protest) anybody, anytime for any reason. So, what may have been allowed to slide with a scrutineer in the past may be protested today by a competitor and evaluated by a different scrutineer or steward.

But, although it could be argued that this was "friendly" (i.e. fixable) harassment, it kind of spoils the fun of racing for bragging rights (and of course a plastic cup and a few hundred dollars for contingency awards from vendors). Just hope they don't have some evil coup-de-grace protest in Saturday's post race tech. inspection.

I'm not an SCCA official and would never play one at any time in any condition, but...........Two things: 1) Rules can be changed at almost any time by listing for comment in the SCCA official notices, and 2) you can sue (protest) anybody, anytime for any reason. So, what may have been allowed to slide with a scrutineer in the past may be protested today by a competitor and evaluated by a different scrutineer or steward.

But, although it could be argued that this was "friendly" (i.e. fixable) harassment, it kind of spoils the fun of racing for bragging rights (and of course a plastic cup and a few hundred dollars for contingency awards from vendors). Just hope they don't have some evil coup-de-grace protest in Saturday's post race tech. inspection.

Joe A has been around along time and knows how to play the game. Strange SCCA is still as of this AM showing NSX on pole. See link below. All you can do is go win the race and let the howling begin.

https://www.scca.com/articles/2010567-2018-runoffs-tire-rack-pole-award-winners

Last edited:
Just got this SCCA Runoffs update email, showing Kip was awarded the Pole position in T1;
-
-
"In Touring 1, Kristopher Olsen grabbed the provisional pole by more than a second on Tuesday in his Driving Ambition Acura NSX, but wouldn't be able to relax while fending off a hard-charging Andrew Aquilante in the Phoenix/Hoosier/Hawk Chevrolet Corvette. Aquilante would get within seven tenths of a second, but Olson grabbed his first-ever Tire Rack Pole Award standing on his fastest Tuesday time."

Last edited:
Yeah, don't know.........yet

I don't know what's going on yet. It may be that the SCCA writer didn't have time to check on DQ's etc and just went off the raw unadjusted times. T&S is having their own problems; for example showing STU class times at 1.02 (28 sec. faster than the fastest FA out there) and showing Shad's Ryan Hazelton in an S2000 at 1.37, 10 sec. quicker than he actually is. Shad was pounding the dash in his truck not having real times at his fingertips. He was in no mood to talk, so I just backed away with my hands in the air. :rolleyes:

Today's a light day (no sessions for D.A.) and I'll have to go to the track to find out what's the latest. Shad and Kip are not answering my texts, but when I left last night, they had no clue something might be different than the understanding that Kips Q1 and Q2 times were disallowed and he'd be starting P2.

Stay tuned. :redface:

Basically no change.

Got s VM from Kip saying no change; still starting 2nd.

And they didn’t make a pole award for T-1, not sure why as the case is supposedly settled.

No one here in the garage, Kip’s doing a bike ride so I guess Shad is deservedly taking it easy right now.......or he’s in the Stewards office arguing their case. :eek:

Stock mirrors?

Anyone in central CA got stock mirrors to loan? The latest requirement from the scrutineers.

Seriously. Call Me 916-337-0917

Anyone in central CA got stock mirrors to loan? The latest requirement from the scrutineers.

Seriously. Call Me 916-337-0917

Scratch that. Scrutineering just relented & said these mirrors are OK for tomorrow’s race since they had already been thru tech twice. But they have to go to stock mirrors for the next Majors race. :biggrin:

And they closed the door to any more Phoenix protests. :tongue:

P.s. Andre Hartanto just stopped by kibitzing not racing cause the car broke last weekend. :mad:

Aquilante just retired from 2nd in the GT2 race after leading early & being on the leaders bumper after that.

Wonder what his mood will be at 235 PM?����

All calm & quiet

< 2 hrs til Go Time. a little power map sounds good about now.

Kip just woke up from his.

Attachments

• 169CDE60-A8D2-4487-A39A-EA74B2DD0754.jpg
    169CDE60-A8D2-4487-A39A-EA74B2DD0754.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Flag to flag

No contest.

Attachments

• B84C3799-D787-452E-AC4E-E7B7B1DF2DA3.jpg
    B84C3799-D787-452E-AC4E-E7B7B1DF2DA3.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 153