• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Leatherseats.com Groupbuy!!!

Bill....for the sake of this, lets get to him soon. Otherwise, he won't be able to concentrate nor meditate up on the mountain top:tongue:

If you don't get it before your trip, remember this buddy...............RED INTERIOR over BLACK............red seats, red boster....RED RED RED RED!!!!:biggrin:

Stick-e-rice said:
Bill I hope I am the first to get this part. I'm leaving to Thailand and will be gone for a month by the end of the month. I hope the leather will arrive by then because I will be driving the NSX back to Colorado. I can give Hutch some time to get it installed, while I'm gone.

That is about 5 weeks from now, but the sooner the better.:smile:

Some of those seats look great!!! Keep those pics coming. Trying to decide!

Last edited:
Stick-e-rice: 5 weeks should be no problem. Right now we are looking at a three week turn around time.

PoohBEAR: Hahaha...I'll try!

Brocz: Yes, as long as you got your invoice via email, you're in and ordered. I just stopped updating the list since the group buy is technically over.

92NSX said:
I went ahead and sprung for the self install kit.
Anybody done this or seen it done and can give me an idea of the difficulty level?

I did it and I'm as green as Kermit when it comes to stuff like this. Even with the heated seat and door insert install it was pretty straightforward. It's just time consuming. One thing I want to do this time around is get some oem-like push pin clips to replace the old ones (that end up breaking usually upon uninstall of the old leather). Let me know if anyone finds these in bulk. We probably need about 30 of them. The parts stores around here don't stock them. I should have checked but I was too eager to get the project finished last time to see if the nearest Acura/Honda dealer had em so I used what I found lying around at the dealership.
Good luck!

I stopped by NSXStatus's shop in Hermosa Beach and dropped off the NSX.

It is a small world as Rick the co owner with Davis (NSXStatus) is a friend of mine.

NSXStatus can also do the install on the seats. I'll let everyone know how much, but probably 200-300 for both seats and door inserts.

I'm counting since Bill posted last, which is exactly 2 weeks. So one more week Bill, since it is about a 3 week turnaround?:wink:

I want to get the car done.:biggrin:

PoohBEAR: I know that I quoted 3 to 4 weeks, but it looks like we are at 4 to 5 weeks before they ship right now. Scheduled ship dates are May 5th through the 10th.

Stick-e-rice: It will be close. We are trying to get everything out as soon as possible, but with our production deficit, it will be very difficult to get them out any sooner.

Bill can you do the center console where there is a NSX plate embossed into it?

I'm also itching in rewrapping the steering wheel as long with a shiftboot that will go with it.

Anyone else had this work from leatherseats.com, I would appreciate the pictures. If Bill would give me a discount...:rolleyes:

Hehe I couldn't resist so I got the steering wheel and center console lid rewrapped also. Black in red stitching and matching red to my seats.:biggrin:

I called Bill and he will do both of them together for $400.

Originally he quoted the steering wheel alone for $350 for the steering wheel alone, so it is not a bad deal.

Anyone else who has these parts worn out can call Bill to add to their order so they can ship at the same time.

I tried to talk him down already for a discount, but he was firm on pricing, as it is a difficult job.

Cheers.:smile:

I haven't received mine yet, but I have yet to ship the steering wheel and center console piece to Bill.

I will ship out these two parts this week.

Bill, please keep in contact with Hutch at 714-552-0688 on my order as I will no longer have access to a computer or phone.

He is planning on shipping out the steering wheel and center console piece within the next week.

Ton

Whooo Hooo

I got my shippment email.!!

Sinbad

I'm not sure if they go down the list 1st come 1st serve. I think they make the kits in simularly-packaged and colored batches (ex: deviated stitching, suede centers, matching boots, etc) and it seems like the most basic kits are sent out first and progress from there. I wish it were 1st come 1st serve - mine would be in the mail by now :biggrin: It's good to see that some kits are being shipped though!

MLmotorsport said:
I'm not sure if they go down the list 1st come 1st serve. I think they make the kits in simularly-packaged and colored batches (ex: deviated stitching, suede centers, matching boots, etc) and it seems like the most basic kits are sent out first and progress from there. I wish it were 1st come 1st serve - mine would be in the mail by now :biggrin: It's good to see that some kits are being shipped though!

That makes sense. Guess I'm just getting a little anxious now that I know the time is getting near.

Hi

I finally got the time to take pictures of my leatherseats.com seats. I am very happy. (My OEM seats was not bad, but a bit worn on the edges.)

They look a lot better than the pictures. I did most of the work myself. You probably need to buy some new plugs here and there as some of them will break if you decide to do the fitting yourself.

The passenger seat will also be tighter to fit since it has not been compressed as much as the driverseat over time. You need to "massage" them on to make a almost perfect fit.

I got the black leather with NSX logo. Perforated and red double stitching.

Without flash

6711IMG_3607-med.JPG

With flash

6711IMG_3606-med.JPG

Showing the new Hrant's too:

6711IMG_3608-med.JPG

Regards

I just tracked my package and mine will arrive on Tuesday!:biggrin:

Back