• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Meeyatch1 + Detroit Auto Show Press Day + NSX unveiling = AWESOME!!

It's cool and all like previous posters have stated, and will have amazing technology. But it won't be as unique as the original, or have the "soul" of it. I mean just the fact that senna contributed to it.

Best line so far :biggrin:

In for kicking Mitch in the balls...

Mith is that you infront of the car hunched over?

382749_10150459580681091_25570701090_9164977_478831678_n.jpg

Good going Honda. You copied a 10 year old design.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://i.netcarshow.com/ncs_show.swf?c=Cadillac&m=2002-Cien_Concept"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://i.netcarshow.com/ncs_show.swf?c=Cadillac&m=2002-Cien_Concept" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

All I can feel is relief. It could have gone so badly, but I would call this a "slightly conservative exotic". Kinda like the MP4-12C is a slightly conservative exotic, styling wise.

Mitch thanks for staying there and getting there so early for a good seat! Your truly a passionate person and I appreciate that. BTW: You find a bathroom yet?

Prolly taking a crap or waiting in line as we speak? :biggrin:

He's been awfully quiet after the car unveiled, I wonder what his after thoughts are.

Thanks for being there nonetheless, thumbs up!!! :smile:

I was totally on board with Ito until he said "three years". Too much can change in three years, and I suspect that like the HSC before, this car will never see production.

The ILS looked OK. 'Twould be nice if they made an ILS Type R....

Ito needs 3 years because the car you saw was pretty much a shell. There will be powertrain development, chassis development, track tuning, crash testing, etc. Of those, the powertrain development is going to take the longest and be the most troublesome. Getting a hybrid system to produce high power under track conditions, be 100% Honda bulletproof under all conditions, and come in at the weight target is going to be a tall order. Plus you have the SH-AWD VSA logic that will need to be tuned just right for all conditions. That means months of lapping and tweaking the software. It's going to be a high pressure development process.

Don't like it! Looks too similar to the front/rear of the TL model series (YUCK!). Way too angular, and it has that awful "smiling face" nose. I hope it performs well to make up for it.

I love it! It looks great, it's sleek, low slung looks will make it unique. I can't wait to see how they get the V6 Hybrid SH-AWD to perform. Might be amazing.

Hmm, no integrated spoiler. I thought they would pay at least a little homage to the old NSX, but really didn't see any style/design cues.

Kind of looks like an R8 smashed into an LFA with a dusting of Camaro.

I would drive it, but come on Honda have some balls and design something cutting edge! Keep us all waiting, pretty soon Hyundai will release their sports car and we can buy it instead.....And yes I agree the grill looks like the current tl sedan style......:cool:

Ito needs 3 years because the car you saw was pretty much a shell.

I'm sure I read on the NSX 2.0 thread from WingZ that he (or someone) spoke to the Acura guy who claimed to have driven it ...

Ref the interior ... if you expand the photos you can see seats ... did no-one manage to get close up with a camera for interior snaps??

That looks ready to go and needs to hit the showroom in under 18 months or they will miss the market and the opportunity to lead super sports hybrid sales. Get this thing selling for the right $$, roll out ltd editions like Audi have with the R8, and build an extreme lightweight R and you'll all look past the styling and have you cheque books at the ready .... :biggrin:

Last edited:
Perry spoke to John Mendell, VP at Acura and he probably drove a test mule. Honda already has a 3.5L IMA hybrid system developed and this is likely the system that is in the mule at present, possibly even the concept show car as well. It is around 400 hp total output. However, Acura has specifically said they do not think the 3.5L system is "potent" enough for the NSX. That means they will have to develop a new powerplant. Notice Ito was vague and merely said "mid engine V6". He did not mention displacement nor output, and Acura's press release is silent as to that information as well. That means they don't have anything yet. ;)

The new RL will debut at the NY auto show later this year. I suspect it will have the 3.5L IMA system that Mr. Mendell describes driving. My bold predicition for the NSX is that it will be a 3.7 or 3.8L system.

I'm sure I read on the NSX 2.0 thread from WingZ that he (or someone) spoke to the Acura guy who claimed to have driven it ...

That looks ready to go and needs to hit the showroom in under 18 months or they will miss the market and the opportunity to lead super sports hybrid sales. Get this thing selling for the right $$, roll out ltd editions like Audi have with the R8, and build an extreme lightweight R and you'll all look past the styling and have you cheque books at the ready .... :biggrin:

I don't like it - doesn't have the "exotic" look to it. I see a cross between the 4th generation Eclipse and the R8.. nothing more.

On that note, I feel our NSX's just became more valuable and desirable. :)

Back