• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Meeyatch1 + NSX unveiling in Detroit = AWESOME!!

9 Speed transmission is going to be troublesome to drive manually. I suspect that most of the owners will be leaving it in AUTO mode. The acceleration it is going to be able to achieve with it's power is going to be exciting, or is it to compensate for the rumored 3,600 lbs curb weight? Having not driven a manual in 2 years, I am missing the fun of driving, it comes with age. Even though I can't toe heal rev match downshift, it is a personal preference to drive a manual. I made the mistake of getting the DCT for the M4. They should've debut the NSX in Blue. It would've looked so much better than the Ford GT.

9 Speed transmission is going to be troublesome to drive manually. I suspect that most of the owners will be leaving it in AUTO mode. The acceleration it is going to be able to achieve with it's power is going to be exciting, or is it to compensate for the rumored 3,600 lbs curb weight? Having not driven a manual in 2 years, I am missing the fun of driving, it comes with age. Even though I can't toe heal rev match downshift, it is a personal preference to drive a manual. I made the mistake of getting the DCT for the M4. They should've debut the NSX in Blue. It would've looked so much better than the Ford GT.

I doubt most people will see those top gears, especially driving around town.

Give us GPW fans white one : )

Here's GPW (from IG):

10919297_309200315870689_1623435213_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And where are these rumors of 3600 lbs? I think it bow in at 3300-3400. They have taken many measures to keep weight down along with new material composites.

Its crazy that we now have almost double the amount of gears to shift since 20+ ago. It's pretty sweet.
I like what i'm seeing so far...

Looks nice! But to be honest for me I think the darker colors look better on her. What a car - can't wait to see one in person!

Here's GPW (from IG):

10919297_309200315870689_1623435213_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And where are these rumors of 3600 lbs? I think it bow in at 3300-3400. They have taken many measures to keep weight down along with new material composites.

This (nice) car deserved a much prettier engine compartment.

+1!!!

Seems so strange that they would have gone to the trouble to display the engine (behind glass) and then cover it up.

Here is a conspiracy theory for you: Similar to what some have suggested with Honda not revealing the exact horsepower figures (i.e. so as to not be outgunned by the time they roll off the production line in almost a year - such as the 918), perhaps there is some special engine technology that they have developed that they want to keep hidden until production is imminent. Some Primers have suggested before that Honda might use special electric-driven turbines to spool up faster.

Who knows but the way they have it seems very unexpected.

Or it could just be that they did not have the time to create something more dramatic.

So, sleepy citizens of the NSX world.....once again, your fearless leader in all things involving questionable decisions and NSXs, has poised himself at the edge of awesome in the bustling metropolis of Detroit, Michigan for the 2015 NAIAS. In other words, I managed to dodge my actual job for another day, I will probably have to fake an illness and burn some personal days, all in the name of NSX loyalty for the unveiling of the production version of the next NSX.

Meeyatch1, sorry if this has already been asked and answered in this thread but... when you were standing next to the new car, how big did it "feel" compared to the previous NSX? Compared to modern cars, the NA1/NA2 NSX seems tiny in comparison. The new one is only slightly longer and taller, while being a fair bit wider. Does it still seem small?

Meeyatch1, sorry if this has already been asked and answered in this thread but... when you were standing next to the new car, how big did it "feel" compared to the previous NSX? Compared to modern cars, the NA1/NA2 NSX seems tiny in comparison. The new one is only slightly longer and taller, while being a fair bit wider. Does it still seem small?

It does not seem small at all. If you have ever stood next to a Ferrari 458, it felt similar to that. I am going off of just the feeling of the dimensions compared to my current NSX. I hope that helps you.

Some colors imagined....

Any chance you can do one in yellow and one in orange? I wish I had the talent to do it myself!

It does not seem small at all. If you have ever stood next to a Ferrari 458, it felt similar to that. I am going off of just the feeling of the dimensions compared to my current NSX. I hope that helps you.

Thanks Mitch! I'm new here and can really appreciate your love of NSX's.

I posted this in the NSX Dimension thread

Acura NSX 2.0 from press release
Wheelbase 103.5 inches (2630mm)
Length 176 inches (4470mm)
Width 76.4 inches (1940mm)
Height 47.8 inches (1215mm)

McLaren 12C/650S
Wheelbase 2,670 mm (105.1 in)
Length 4,509 mm (177.5 in)
Width 1,908 mm (75.1 in)
Height 1,199 mm (47.2 in)

Ferrari 458
Wheelbase 2,650 mm (104.3 in)
Length 4,527 mm (178.2 in)
Width 1,937 mm (76.3 in)
Height 1,213 mm (47.8 in)

Porsche Caymen
Wheelbase: 2,474 mm (97.4 in)
Length: 4,374 mm (172 in)
Width: 1,801 mm (70.9 in)
Height: 1,293 mm (51 in)

So it's 4 inches longer than the Caymen and 5.5 inches wider but it's little more than 2 inches shorter. About the same size as a 458 & 650S.

Edit:

Honda NSX 1.0
Wheelbase 2,530 mm (99.6 in)
Length 4,405 mm (173.4 in) (1991–1993) 4,425 mm (174.2 in) (1994–2005)
Width 1,810 mm (71.3 in)
Height 1,170 mm (46.1 in)

Wheelbase 99.6 - 103.5 = +3.9 in
Length 174.2 - 176 = +1.8 in
Width 71.3 - 76.4 = +5.1 in
Height 46.1 - 47.8 = +1.7 in

Last edited:
quick photochop because I'm feeling kinda lazy right now.

Attachments

• Mustard-2.jpg
    Mustard-2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 575

PHP:
Dimensions:

NEW NSX

2013 NSX Concept

Diff (in.)

2005 NSX

Diff (in.)

Length

176 in.
(4470 mm)

172.8 in. (4390mm)

+3.1

174.2 in.
(4425 mm)

+1.8

Width

76.4 in.
(1940 mm)

75.4 in
(1915 mm)

+1.0

71.3 in.
(1810 mm)

+5.1

Height

47.8 in.
(1215 mm)

47.2 in.
(1200 mm)

+0.6

46.1 in
(1170 mm)

+1.8

Wheelbase

103.5 in. (2630 mm)

102.8 in.
(2610 mm)

+0.8

99.6 in.
(2350 mm)

+11.0

Front track

65.2 in.
(1655 mm)

- -

- -

59.5 in.
(1510 mm)

+5.7

Rear track

63.6 in.
(1615 mm) 

- -

- -

60.7 in.
(1540 mm)

+3.0

This is silly I know but it is absolutely driving me crazy. The press release shows dimension differences between the new NSX, the Concept and the Original and the numbers don't add up. The most dramatic error is the difference they show for wheelbase between the new NSX and the original - 11 Inches!!!

This is on the Acura News website: http://acuranews.com/acura-automobi...of-an-icon-next-generation-acura-nsx-unveiled

and now Car and Driver has it too: http://www.caranddriver.com/acura/nsx

MY, HOW YOU’VE GROWN!

While the overall shape hasn’t changed since the NSX concept cars started floating around, the production version has grown more than three inches in length, one inch in width, and about a half inch in height. Compared with the original NSX, it is considerably larger, as well, particularly in width, up by 5.1 inches, and wheelbase, which has grown by 11.0 inches. Its space-frame structure is comprised of aluminum, high-strength steel, and “other advanced materials,” and the floor is carbon fiber. Acura did not provide estimated curb weight, but we reckon it’ll tip the scales at about 3600 pounds (in 1994, we weighed an NSX at 3030 pounds).

No wonder they think the new car has "Grown" so much! lol

NSXPrime also has the same number in their official reprint of the press release.

Is this getting ridiculous or am I missing something????

Last edited:
I was also at the show, and was the one who supplied Mitch with his nutrients and adult diapers. Also, and I don't think I can put too fine a point on this, I got to get in the car before Mitch. I figure I can hold that small feat over him for a little while, though if life hadn't pulled him away a little early, I may not have that little claim to fame. In any case, while there I managed to snap a few photos. Figure I probably ought to share them here.

i-hZNbwrr-XL.jpg

i-CM5TQNG-XL.jpg

i-h6hxCQb-XL.jpg

i-v5CDRzK-XL.jpg

i-TLW9gwG-XL.jpg

Related NSX paraphernalia

i-F9jRnww-XL.jpg

i-6ttdVK4-L.jpg

The stainless steel model came with the press kit too. I have it sitting on my desk at work. It's cool. I like it. :)
i-N82Z7vT-XL.jpg

i-mD3K5nr-XL.jpg

i-fNBkPcm-XL.jpg

i-ZSQLtdv-L.jpg

The new NSX silhouette.
i-GnPhZtS-XL.jpg

Ok, back to the car.
i-f5pNVRL-XL.jpg

i-NNMJT5f-XL.jpg

i-JhVsHxT-XL.jpg

i-MxVWg7C-XL.jpg

i-9WGhM9v-XL.jpg

i-jbW7vNs-XL.jpg

i-98vXRWD-XL.jpg

i-9qhtz6M-XL.jpg

i-jTvKdDs-XL.jpg

i-9PhjNtz-XL.jpg

i-kfvdzHr-XL.jpg

i-F6LLKkt-XL.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And some pics from the actual reveal...

i-xf6rFSP-XL.jpg

i-B5Mpcwk-XL.jpg

i-pk9zf6h-XL.jpg

i-NVVhhVx-XL.jpg

i-xdLBsDJ-XL.jpg

i-4rR9633-XL.jpg

i-77Mx2LZ-XL.jpg

i-9G35KdW-XL.jpg

i-VZLCvFp-XL.jpg

i-pQsQRRK-XL.jpg

i-cZcxbhj-XL.jpg

I was also at the show, and was the one who supplied Mitch with his nutrients and adult diapers. Also, and I don't think I can put too fine a point on this, I got to get in the car before Mitch. I figure I can hold that small feat over him for a little while, though if life hadn't pulled him away a little early, I may not have that little claim to fame. In any case, while there I managed to snap a few photos. Figure I probably ought to share them here.

Awesome details! Thanks. The new logo silo is very nice!

Good eye....gives me the wants!

Thank you.

Dying to hear and haven't seen any words on it yet, maybe I missed them...what's the cockpit feel and outward view like? How similar/better/different than 1.0?

Dying to hear and haven't seen any words on it yet, maybe I missed them...what's the cockpit feel and outward view like? How similar/better/different than 1.0?

Time was very limited, so it's really just initial impressions. All the materials felt good and solid. The dash slopes away similar to 1.0, but not quite as aggressively. View forward and to the sides was good. I didn't really look at view out the rear. The cockpit felt more enclosed and tighter than 1.0. Switchgear all had a good feel. Pedals lined up nicely, and the dead pedal is exactly where you'd expect a clutch pedal to be. Seats are tight and supportive. All in all, a good place to be. Layout is clearly different, but the impression I got was something close to an R8.

- - - Updated - - -

Where can we buy the NSX watch ?... (the only thing here I can afford)

Not available yet. Should be available this spring. Acura has a marketplace on their website.

Thanks. Really curious to hear first impressions. The 1.0 cockpit feel & outward vision sets a high bar and I'm excited to hear if the same feel carries over.

Back