• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

More Supply Equals Price Drops!

Just searched Autotrader, all areas, both auto and manual for ave prices.
This includes the dreamer as well as the scam & salvage title cars.
(so it might even things out)

Average asking prices.

91-92 $31,115
93-94 $32,957
95-96 $38,431
97-98 $42,984
99-01 $47,361
02-05 $65,819

(These are not the cream puffs, just average asking prices for average cond cars) I know there is a large spread from 02 to 05, also 95-96 came out a bit higher than I expected. Not scientific, just ave's from today's Auto trader.

Just searched Autotrader, all areas, both auto and manual for ave prices.
This includes the dreamer as well as the scam & salvage title cars.
(so it might even things out)

Average asking prices.

91-92 $31,115
93-94 $32,957
95-96 $38,431
97-98 $42,984
99-01 $47,361
02-05 $65,819

(These are not the cream puffs, just average asking prices for average cond cars) I know there is a large spread from 02 to 05, also 95-96 came out a bit higher than I expected. Not scientific, just ave's from today's Auto trader.

Good data. Shows that asking prices haven't changed much in the last few years. but, how do you know what the condition of the cars are? I can see how you got the avg price in autotrader, but how did you surmise that the cars were avg condition?

What's the data on the cream puffs show? That would be good to know as well.

2 yrs. looking for an NSX...What are you looking for?? I have seen so many nice ones come across this board (and otherwise) in the past year let alone the past 2 years... (including mine). Is a couple thousand either way the only difference??? :confused:
"Price is what you pay, Value is what you get" Right...but this is a car were talking about..not a corporation!

Agreed ExCfive, as we have seen many blk/blk available. And where does this NA2 "more supply" come from? Honda making them again? Not simply spring/driving season approaching in the N country which traditionally brings cars and buyers to market? A tough thread to digest for me. And in my years of ownership I've not met a single owner who is/was "over-extended".
Guess I just bought a second, and should have waited for depressed market prices. I'll crawl back in my pothole-filled snow cave and lick my empty bank book now.

Here are the ones I have been tracking:

02 Silver/Black - 6k = $69k
03 Silver/Black - 13k = $65k
02 Imola/Black - 9k = $69k
03 Silver/Silver - 37k = $55k
03 Red/Black - 25k = $62k
05 Blue/Black - 18k = $67k
04 Yellow/Black - 15k = $65k
02 Yellow/Black - 27k = $55k

Here are some I have tracked....(sold date would help too)

2005 Red/Black, 4k miles, sold for $73k, August 2007, (totalled now, in Canada)
2005 Red/black, 5k miles, sold for $73k, January 2008
2005 Black/Black, 9k miles, sold for $67.5k, March 2008
2005 Silver/Silver, 3.4k miles, sold for full asking price $79.5k in Feb '08
2005 White/Black, modded, 17k miles sold for $77.5k, March 2008
2005 Black/Red, 11k miles, sold for $70k, Feb 2008
2004 Yellow/Black, 9k miles, sold for $64k, January 2008

Last edited:
All kidding aside. If you haven't found the right one yet within the last 2 years, you will never find one. Stop looking and go to your next car on your list....perhaps, a porsche.....maybe, a corvette?

I think there were a lot of owners that bought NSX's when they financially could not pay there payments.

What do you guys think?
Since 2/3 of NSX owners paid cash, your statement may have some validity, but I don't think that is the major reason for having more supply at this moment.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101031

I bet I could get every penny I paid for my car back if I posted my car for sale lol....
You should, you only drove your NSX 50 miles since you got it.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Since 2/3 of NSX owners paid cash, your statement may have some validity, but I don't think that is the major reason for having more supply at this moment.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101031

You should, you only drove your NSX 50 miles since you got it.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

lol, technically, i drove it 500 to my house, then 50 recreational....of the 50, 15 was to the dmv and smog place, so really 35 of fun driving....i will drive it more i promise, i just want a gt1 exhaust first!!!

Last edited:
+1 California. Drive her anytime and day. No Snow here.

:confused: Ummmmmm......apparently, you are not familiar with Lassen county. Westwood (California) still has over 6 feet of snow on the ground. Snow is expected here in Susanville Thursday and Friday. Up until last Saturday, I couldn't get the NSX out of the driveway because of ice :biggrin: .

Weird...the more money I put into my '91 the more the price I'd sell it for goes up.

I think I'd let it go for $40k now.....no takers? I'm ok with that!
:smile:

A used car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. That's it... goes for new cars too.

:confused: Ummmmmm......apparently, you are not familiar with Lassen county. Westwood (California) still has over 6 feet of snow on the ground. Snow is expected here in Susanville Thursday and Friday. Up until last Saturday, I couldn't get the NSX out of the driveway because of ice :biggrin: .

You're right, I haven't heard of Susanville:confused: I guess there are some exceptions.
Sorry, I'll have to be more specific. Northern California, Bay Area/ Southern Cal, L.A. :tongue:

something like 877 made for the USA in 2002-2005. $90k sticker with delivery. Higher sticker, newer model, limited number made, last iteration made==most sought after/higher demand/higher price paid.

something like 877 made for the USA in 2002-2005. $90k sticker with delivery. Higher sticker, newer model, limited number made, last iteration made==most sought after/higher demand/higher price paid.

241 in 2005 :tongue:

Last fall I brought a '91 from the US into Canada. I am always looking for a 2000 -2005 and noticing that prices have yet to drop. These cars are mostly bought with cash, play money, definently not daily budget money.

The ECU predicts that the US economy has only started to fall. As Oil increases in price, and more people get hit with not only the mortgage crunch, but debt calls in general, the ECU predicts that late November '08 until the bottom appears. The weak US dollar is a real test. OPEC wants the world traded barrel of oil to be priced in Euros. You think the economy is bad now, wait for that to happen.

Only if the economy gets real bad will the price of these cars drop significantly. It isn't bad yet for the bulk of people that own these cars.

Last fall I brought a '91 from the US into Canada. I am always looking for a 2000 -2005 and noticing that prices have yet to drop. These cars are mostly bought with cash, play money, definently not daily budget money.

The ECU predicts that the US economy has only started to fall. As Oil increases in price, and more people get hit with not only the mortgage crunch, but debt calls in general, the ECU predicts that late November '08 until the bottom appears. The weak US dollar is a real test. OPEC wants the world traded barrel of oil to be priced in Euros. You think the economy is bad now, wait for that to happen.

Only if the economy gets real bad will the price of these cars drop significantly. It isn't bad yet for the bulk of people that own these cars.

I completely agree with this statement.

Agree wholeheartedly on this one. Lots of poorly kept NA1s out there.

Weird...the more money I put into my '91 the more the price I'd sell it for goes up.

I think I'd let it go for $40k now.....no takers? I'm ok with that!
:smile:

A used car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. That's it... goes for new cars too.

And since about a month ago I notice A LOT MORE NSX's for sale, Especially NA2's

I don't know about the last month or two, but when I bought mine in 2/06, there were more than 200 of all types listed on Autotrader. Just checked and now see only 123. That's a huge difference.

As the last of the "new" 05's were picked up long ago, I'm convinced the price of later model low mileage, well kept NA2s will only increase. But then I do have my '03 currently up for sale! :biggrin:

Given the current state of the economy, I think the prices are holding up pretty well. And if/when the next generation is released, I think the prices will jump once again as there's no way the old NSX "price to performance" scenario could ever be repeated in this day and market.

I just hope I'm not kicking myself silly in a few years, for letting go of the "next great collectible"! :eek:

You ever hear the saying "Tripping over dollars to get the pennies."? All I can say is you lost 2 years of ownership.

Jeesh, whats with the one liner sentences ?

I feel like im reading a transcript of Star Wars with Yoda speaking.

Confused in deed you are my NSXer frend.

Maybe my standards are bit higher. I have been going back and forth on deciding on a NA1 or NA2.

I have a Acura RSX!

So i am in no hurry.

I just don't get why you attacking me and then attack my beloved Oracle of Ohama quote.

I live in California where we have high cost homes and the highest gas prices.

If I should take my sweet time I will.

We're talking about buying a High Quality and expensive to maintain and service automobile.

$40K+ that can be wiped out clean by one crash!

Why shouldn't I take my time?

and please why don't you give me your specs and price of your nsx that your aquired so i can no where you're coming from. (Checked out your profile, and I am not as established as you my fren, so I guess a couple thousand doesn't mean much too you, so i still respect that, but for some couple of thousand can do a lot =) No Hard Feelings. I understand)

And a Couple thousand equals new rims, 02+ Headlights, Insurance, gas, etc.

And since I did wait a lil longer and the pricing of NA2's dropping, bottom line I am saving numerous thousand$!!!

People here California are very savvy with our Ca$h. I can't say the same for other states.

Thanks for the 2cents anyways.

Back