• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MUGEN header

Think its the last one....
The best way to get extra power.
Not sure if it performs better than the others.

Any more infos or owners?

quSynLVulPqbNhYJKYnZD2KkOykNj30x-QskIHUJdqGkJ2cyxny9aioudO6McEWxjub-1FkcV-lG9NZRbu8sqFmc0SmKpU2GODSwlGtXPCUP43pnAmJTp-nBsr2Cc7Bh9yQvRl1jHCgetPwy8ZWGaFxQ0G8wtZCezw97krGGMMZsfUwM60KqJDji25k1IaWhxss6-QptEwwh2u7GiOFQS6c6psHzo9yNFl5i5ec_RQGV6wOKvrNO_YdqB0nKi3C7KvjHCSCUBYYoRmKSoSw8VLDIPmacGWJjg-z9tnhUeQHGePD9bqKWR1tXJYPIkvyoV3gkJuEyDxHXgt57COsOe0YGXitKhChQ-4_V0ZsqdduJbdNX5Ot1u7Qq1k-cMmXcu6Muvh7Wm4BsJGWWoSijqzL_fBH2glz1lDXx6jgyI7SNI6tjIZDTdpfCcvyLDh0Sv4iDvLLczwyfew64HAQNMSc9JyykweIJ2FR8dwpbeCF2YgZ9BNNWGh1Ue5EkKVh55Ny6FbqKTKuBfuEoEiuXfSenrHeWON_5KIV8cHUMPgBw_Lr-dykHSsU64zfcjhwFRz2chSiHVHiBToc6bKx6Rv0wDT3nZzUVrxuk4X_15qOuh9HIBeWZzLo719gYfw=w1660-h934-no-tmp.jpg

hV4KS408Z5UhL3EClxLI5fEgPCTKf2HOyHY8pfLjWrsWvsTGSFfOiIuqJIhlZtuE4k0huhGWTyguc0KrCScGXNnTRJiKelOOmSgKgrSO8E-ZgHG3a-iYDa5uLOIKb-k0OsJ9VqiOQ2Na4mexNKKkugtiFr60i0qvhMXjdpqGvSCWqgHu2FPw0Oaf1bQLOkmrEHIPB5Cl7v26bYnd-WsUzuP5wVav5IXO3mGHKwj0rbkTMxCadb-bh02g341zyAut8vTHjdA-ov6v7tzTlntem765g-MwctopMfHKB_YcxMPklnuw8fy24cuqVE_M0RE3Tpxn7Mnj-OuvUVvbxevqqcjus6nciul6nDhQ_2vGHxLnk8Jso3uyxpMx-wWLGcOCZOseQlF2iOk-_uPAJ2qnpwWPCg5mPRJDDVEa4mEDxmBm4MniDAaVKdpAPo9VN-H6XNR8FHiO_yqqR0PmQuZwHsFPXilUdhChSNzOoKjJ2wKKfVzkT-3NcbD4rP-fOQCNs5x4CfpKHrgRvsC7psBshzuTeVx6Sr5ZneGycKV1630nNoVNkE3twRVD2Btpg_AUAhSWwQfjC74hW8-lSXPwCOFFLKIa5VOAxbT9QAjsevDGc0SobtrP9ASEEn5qNg=w1660-h934-no-tmp.jpg

EiaOe1cOXdrUEB_BUUEOoDubceGXbcvkp2qACJ5gNKNT1sIoLNael1-SjPfKv2-evLFKHMG4UX1wbvr6dHr-38OL2_Nz25rePKNzaH6ZGLdact8Jj3C-D3Wxr42s7vWkPO48XB-0trYbuAAZnbOWvn9VSS3eVTGDxX9Xn-HayWL-1SWGiFus66gTt-yLi1rNgH2OqK2Wnnfu8ox1gbiEaGZqoyVI-mkFfw7Q1GDvw7NIJnx_P--9Sl4vLqGCNtw1nd6gz1R3e5qrZrJJpCuhrOzCtljwAfQWfHO265SYpGnYzehtEBdwkGDAVPn1-zKu3r_Zvev4USoY6vK9-nAzGQZ0WFZhfiuKfQ7fY7TaBhEPfZ36bF_NNvRo_mXwo78-w-roEbSb60004zHdso-DkQJ5-RCvEB0k29X0OjN4GvRWafPshwiYNAg36cO3wTf6IUyD7tYmjd7TCJ-XwHdDOUQZtMNJq4uZqi3tmCKFB4Kht7DzAJfwMdEL_lU_LmP2BrGpmaoqRWiSsPXK8uvM644KumpBrkrjtHqgd_pRtaocqFTR4cLpBzNbNFfP8Jjg8LUXFs_MoI7rhzwDd2xUX-seTL4gCn-LrnPWeljmhCjhlLQGdyEse4Dx8ICOBw=w1660-h934-no-tmp.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if someone in USA has installed that headers ?

I remember as MUGEN start to sale that part in 1993, the Importeur from Switzerland (4SS- 4speedsports) sold that part for 12000 DM (Deutsche Mark) which is ~ 6000 Euro today.
Means ~ 6800 USD
Awesome

Now I have a Problem.
Not sure if I should remove my old Fujitsubo ADAC GT CUP NSX Header from 1993, which is also in a real good condition.

Last edited:
If you can't show the collectors or if they have average collectors there's really nothing special about them. Many folks make equal length long tube headers for the NSX. The collectors is the differentiator.

I do really like the heat shields on Mugen though. That's very cool!

If a MUGEN header is nothing special, I dont know, whats really special.
Dont had time to make more detailed photos, still waiting for parts to build my dream exhaust for NSX.
Will post updated next few weeks.

My time with the Taitec GTLW is over, its too loud.

Like I said, it's the internal collector design that makes NSX headers special (aka. it makes the most power). I can confirm the RF Yamamoto and Science of Speed headers have an optimal design. I believe the Fujitsubo and GT-One also has proper collectors. I can also confirm the Pride, Comptech headers, and Taitec do not.

You can show pictures of the collector design of the Mugen header and we can help you decide. Without photos... it just says Mugen. Nothing special compared to the others.

It would be more special with umbrella girls.......just sayin....:biggrin:

Yes, take your ball home because someone hurt your feelings. Or, realize that someone offered helpful advice for you to post a picture of the collector, which you haven’t done...

Thank you for posting about the Mugen headers Detlef! I have not seen those before, and I've been on here a long time.

There are so few Mugen NSX parts in the US that I doubt anyone has these installed here. And sadly it sounds like there are even fewer people who appreciate them based on their rarity. Please don't be discouraged from posting because of that.

Thank you for posting about the Mugen headers Detlef! I have not seen those before, and I've been on here a long time.

There are so few Mugen NSX parts in the US that I doubt anyone has these installed here. And sadly it sounds like there are even fewer people who appreciate them based on their rarity. Please don't be discouraged from posting because of that.

agree............

Perfect and very qualified comment.....thank you.
Helps me a lot.

Not possible to get serious informations here.
Mod, please close that thread.

The only question in your post is if there is any more information or owners.

It's pretty obvious with the responses so far that other owners have not chimed in.

Therefore, you seem to be holding the best source of additional information that can be obtained about this product.

If you're not willing to examine the collector, weigh it, measure the primary diameter, measure the secondary diameter, calculate the ratio split, measure each runners length, and tell the material, then I guess you're not going to find out much more about it. Are you planning on doing a dyno test before/after the installation?

Good luck.

These headers are not longer available......King Motorsports cant deliver anymore since long time ago.
Send them pictures from my purchase and they congrats me to my purchase.

MUGEN is the house tuner from Honda and build engines and exhausts for NSX JGTC cars for many years.
So if they cant build a perfect header set for the NSX.....who else can do it?

First, there is no perfect header. If you look into header theory it is about tuning for a useable range. That is based on primary length, secondary length, primary diameter, secondary diameter, the merge or merges, and any potential intermediary "stepped" transitions.

Mugen makes nice stuff, but is a 4-5WHP difference over a $1k header worth it? To some, sure.

yes, it is.
If you ever have the chance to hold these units in your hands, like I had now after nearly 25 years and see the perfect build quality, you dont care about the price.

The only question which I had was...should I install them at my NSX or should I place them into the showroom behind the glass :smile:

Through the years, I had many header sets here from different manufacturers, I also produced my own ones, but these are by far my favourites.

Never had the wish to install a RFY or SoS version at my car, had both here, also Taitec, KSP, etc.

Let see over wintertime, what setup will be good enough for next years.

Last edited:
First, there is no perfect header. If you look into header theory it is about tuning for a useable range. That is based on primary length, secondary length, primary diameter, secondary diameter, the merge or merges, and any potential intermediary "stepped" transitions.

Mugen makes nice stuff, but is a 4-5WHP difference over a $1k header worth it? To some, sure.

LMAO. it's not that everyone wanna be a baller, but there is nothing wrong about being baller.

I still remember some people were willing to pay the overpriced GT-Rom exhaust 10 years ago which was a complete ripoff and this kind of game continues in 2018.

Last edited:
Back