• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My first kill...

Robert, I must say it pleases me greatly to see you enjoying your car so much. I would be joking myself if I didn't say it is a little strange to see pics of her on Prime. You have already, in just a few days, raced her more than I did in 18 months. A little add to your story, the tiny rock chip on her hood was acquired on a 40 mile treck to San Jose to test drive a Bentley Continental a year or so ago. Sounds like she got her revenge. BTW I loved your post about tire insurance, you will not be sorry you have it with your setup. I think I shall make this my last post here for a while I did not realize I would feel so sentimental. Take care of your new toy and remember I get first crack at buying her back when you are ready for something else...Godspeed
Dan

PS.... the little black rubber stoppers ,in the center console, are to plug the holes exposed when the top is off the car. Just in case you were wondering like I was.

Bobolinski said:
PS.... the little black rubber stoppers ,in the center console, are to plug the holes exposed when the top is off the car. Just in case you were wondering like I was.

Do all NSX-T's come with these stoppers???

When I had my NSX, everyone used to want to race me. After I put on the big brake kit, no one wanted to race. I guess they figured that anyone willing to spend big dollars on brakes had some serious HP. They were right. :biggrin:

ShiftyBob,

Has anyone ever told you that your Avatar has a NICE BUTT!!!! The picture in the drive shows a couple of really NICE HEADLIGHTS too!!!!!! I bet you can't wait to get your hands on them, EVERYDAY***********

There did it work???????? I do things like this to throw my wife off balance when she gets after me about parts that I buy for my NSX!!!!!

Let's see............................ what were we talking about?????????

Oh yes, ..........................I would love to go shopping for a new sofa or love seat..........why do they call it a LOVE SEAT?????? If we got one, can we?????????

Drive Safely, always wear protection!!!!

Bobolinski said:
You have already, in just a few days, raced her more than I did in 18 months. Take care of your new toy and remember I get first crack at buying her back when you are ready for something else...Godspeed
Dan

Thanks Dan...

I was just about to call you about those rubber stoppers... I love the car, it is all that I thought it would be, and more
bowdown.gif

If I have raced her more than you did... that means you NEVER raced her :wink: . This is the first time I felt it was safe to do so, and also the only worthy one to try. I get challenged on a daily basis by ricers, mustangs, firebirds... you name it. But I won't race on surface streets... too dangerous
nono.gif
I would never put myself ina position where I could possibly damage my NSX, I have wanted this car for too long, and love this car too much. After he was in my rearview (at about 100) I let off and dropped back down. Although I'm sure the car can handle MUCH faster speeds (as others on this forum have posted), I'm not comfortable at those speeds.

skafia said:
What were you doing heading to SB? Heh... nothing out here.

Going to pick up my wife from the doctor... bolt ons!
mhihi.gif

Oddly enough I've only ever seen 4 Bentleys in real life. A guy next to my condo in Vegas has one, and the other three I have seen in San Bernardino on the freeway (for those that are not aware... SB is the Compton of the Inland Empire in Southern Ca.)

Well, this IS a G rated forum so I can't post much. This was in Vegas about a month ago...

ugly%20girl.jpg

Last edited:
ok, honestly, who saw this thread taking a turn like this haha

KooLaid said:
I think this how ALL potentially bad turning threads should turn :)

I SO agree with this idea! If you pull a "my bad" the penalty is you have to bring us some eye-candy!

BTW- that is a very attractive lady you have there Shifty.

Philip

Chromatose said:
When I had my NSX, everyone used to want to race me. After I put on the big brake kit, no one wanted to race. I guess they figured that anyone willing to spend big dollars on brakes had some serious HP.

Hahaha nobody wants to mess with a car with huge breaks, you are absoloutely right :smile:

Odd though... the "views" for the topic have nearly doubled in the last few days...

(nonetheless, you guys will still complain about anything...)

ShiftyBob said:
(nonetheless, you guys will still complain about anything...)

I'm just wondering how posting a pic of your wife on a thread about endangering yourself in a silly high speed street race has anything to do with each other.
There is another area on this site for pics.:smile:

92NSX said:
I'm just wondering how posting a pic of your wife on a thread about endangering yourself in a silly high speed street race has anything to do with each other.
There is another area on this site for pics.:smile:

Are you saying you've never sped before?
dunno.gif
You can keep calling it a "street race" all you want, but that doesn't change what it actually is/was
blahblah.gif
. It was on a FREEWAY, which is much different than a street race. But you seem to be so focused only on what you think I did wrong, that you can't even look past the fact that all I did was exceed the speed limit in a straight line on an enclosed FREEWAY.

The original topic of this thread was dead long ago. Somebody asked what I was doing in that area, then asked for pics... I obliged. :smile:

Last edited:
ShiftyBob said:
Are you saying you've never sped before?
dunno.gif
You can keep calling it a "street race" all you want, but that doesn't change what it actually is/was
blahblah.gif
. It was on a HIGHWAY, which is much different than a street race. But you seem to be so focused only on what you think I did wrong, that you can't even look past the fact that all I did was exceed the speed limit in a straight line on an enclosed highway.

The original topic of this thread was dead long ago. Somebody asked what I was doing in that area, then asked for pics... I obliged. :smile:

So this was a closed road just for you and this other car??? I'm sorry but I missed where you said that. If not, then it was a road that the public has access to also therefore it is a street race. Justify it any way you want to.
As for whether or not I have sped, well for one there are a few members here that can attest for the speed that I drive. And two, I'm not the one bragging about how fast I was going during my little race.
I'm just glad that you didn't hurt any innocent people while showing off the speed of your car.

Back