• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My first kill...

This is all theoretically... of course! :rolleyes:

Well, I was on the freeway headed towards San Bernardino :redface: and got caught in some construction traffic. We were barely doing 20MPH when I noticed a New Bentley Continental GT in the Fast lane. I observed and kept on going by him in the second lane, then he passed me again and looked over and smiled and gave ME a thumbs up :cool: . From then on for the next mile or so, he kept on playing with me, pulling next and gunning it, then slowing down
loser.gif

Well, it went down to one lane and he ended up behind me, doing about 40MPH. Then when traffic opened up again (to four lanes), I knew it was going to be on
mhihi.gif
. I pulled out of the single lane over into the fast lane, I could see him following, we were doing about 60MPH and then it happened... he pulled up next to me, looked over, nodded and punched it! I dropped into third and floored it and before we even hit 100 he was in my rearview!
clap.gif

I don't know if it even really counts as a kill because I don't know much about the Bentley GT's
dunno.gif
, but it seemed pretty fast and I thought it was gonna be much closer :rolleyes: .

I love this car...
3gears.gif

IMG_0953.jpg

nono.gif
I in no way condone or advocate street racing or the breaking of any laws in any way. Please consult your local vehicle code book if you have any questions regarding the safety and legality of this issue!
blahblah.gif

Last edited:
I had a run in with one in New Mexico, blew past me going 180mph+ and didn't slow down - I downshifted and couldn't catch up. Sounds like he wasn't interested in going 'too' fast, here are specs from wiki:

The Continental GT has a 6 L W12 engine with twin turbochargers which develops 552 hp (411 kW) at 6100 RPM and 479 lb-ft (650 N-m) at 1600 RPM. Never before had a 12 cylinder engine been employed on a Bentley car. Acceleration from 0-60 mph takes 4.7 seconds (0 to 100 km/h in 4.8 s), the top speed is 198 mph (312 km/h). It has all-wheel drive, the first Bentley to do so, and a six speed automatic transmission with steering wheel mounted gearshift paddles for instant override. The engine and air suspension are loosely based on owner Volkswagen's flagship car the Phaeton.

The Continental GT features the largest brake disc on any production car at 405 mm (16 in) in front. The rear disc measures 335 mm (13 in).

That is one sweet looking NSX you got, so pretty.

Nice run:biggrin: . The Bentley GT have whopping 552hp, but it also weight 5320lbs. The 2000+lbs very much offset the difference in hp. It have just barely a little bit better power to weight ratio than 02+ NSX. 0~60mph, 0~100mph, 1/4mile time is all very comparable between the two car.

If he was anywhere near you without falling several bus lenths behind you during the run, he was trying. The NA2 are very darn fast, 0~60 4.5~4.8sec no problem.

One tried to race me on the freeway, 3 times. Prolly went back to the dealer (still had paper plates on it) and complained about some Honda. I can hear it now: I spent all this money and you told me that all the guys at the country club would be jealous (tail between legs) How can I face them now?

Congrats on the kill. Beautiful car by the way. Perfect color, and one of the best looking wheels on the nsx. I love the Bentley GT also. I'd be nice having both the nsx and the gt in my garage:biggrin:

punched it! I dropped into third and floored it and before we even hit 100 he was in my rearview!

Also called the "shifting demographics" of NSX ownership.

Your "theoretical actions" are immature, selfish and stupidly dangerous to others. I wish you luck, in that you are the only person you kill is yourself.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/w...ep27,1,6615924.story?coll=la-news-local-wheel

O.C. Drag Race Leaves One Man Dead, Two Girls Injured
After a meal, two friends took to the streets to race, officials say. Driver, 18, dies as his car flips.
By Garrett Therolf, Times Staff Writer
September 27, 2006

A race through the hills of southern Orange County between two young men in expensive sports cars ended with one of them dead, the other arrested and two teenage girls critically injured, authorities said Tuesday.

The race lasted only a few minutes before Parees Ghassemian, 18, lost control of his 2004 BMW M3 while rounding a bend Monday night on La Paz Road in Laguna Hills, crashing into a water main and flipping his car. Ghassemian died almost immediately, and his two unidentified passengers, ages 17 and 18, were critically injured, said sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino.

Arya Asgarynejad, 20, the driver of a 2002 Mercedes CLK55 who authorities say was racing Ghassemian, was arrested on suspicion of vehicular manslaughter and driving with gross negligence resulting in a death, Amormino said.

I think your gonna get flame by alot of people here, you better put on your flame suit!!! BTW I love your car, thats definitely my favorite color of all time for the NSX!!:smile:

Go ahead, do a search for kill stories on NSXPrime.... you'll see that this community soundly denounces this juvenile practice. Take it to the track, where you might actually learn something.

Well... My sincerest apologies to the Prime community. I thought I had seen a couple similar threads on here before, but I guess I was wrong. Having said that...

It was on an enclosed freeway (and what I mean by "enclosed" is that there is no cross traffic and CA requires that freeways have fences on both sides to prevent people/animals from entering from the freeway). A straight line challenge on an enclosed Freeway is MUCH different than "street racing". Although still illegal to break the speed limit on a freeway, it is much more dangerous to "street race" because there are so many variables. I don't race on public surface streets. never have, never will...

but... having said that. You will NOT see another post of this type from me.

I will say that as long as it was on a freeway and you were in control, whos business is it but yours. Well done, but count yourself lucky as they can pull. Half the time the owners of certain cars have not got the balls are are just sensible and will not go over the ton. I had an encounter in my old NSX on a deserted motorway with an M5 driver, I laughed when he hit the limiter LOL.

Dont mind all the yuppy haters, Great kill. Its your life your taking into your hands not theres. I could see if your racing neons and integra's but i mean if i had a chance at a gt i would have too..... Have fun driving your car! Thats all that matters.

drew said:
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/w...ep27,1,6615924.story?coll=la-news-local-wheel

O.C. Drag Race Leaves One Man Dead, Two Girls Injured
Driver, 18, dies as his car flips.

through the hills of southern Orange County between two young men

Parees Ghassemian, 18, lost control of his 2004 BMW M3 while rounding a bend Monday night on La Paz Road in Laguna Hills,

crashing into a water main and flipping his car.

passengers, ages 17 and 18, were critically injured

How is that even similar?

no passengers!

no water mains on CA freeways as far as I know!

not on surface streets (i.e. "through the hills of orange county")!

no "bends" in the road!

I'm 32. Not 18 or 20. And argue all you want... but there's a reason there are more vehicular related deaths in the age group 16-24. With age comes experience and better judgement...

Mate is your life, car and you are an adult. Have fun, for tomorrow might not be there.

But and a big BUT, be ever mindful of others.

Cheers,

AR

ShiftyBob said:
How is that even similar?

no passengers!

no water mains on CA freeways as far as I know!

not on surface streets (i.e. "through the hills of orange county")!

no "bends" in the road!

I'm 32. Not 18 or 20. And argue all you want... but there's a reason there are more vehicular related deaths in the age group 16-24. With age comes experience and better judgement...

Public road. That is all the similarity that is required for the righteous.

It was not my intention to condescend with my original post- I just thought Prime wasn't kill story friendly. Now I return to find what I pretty much expected when I first saw your post- the dog pile.

I am aware that in many ways I am the pot, and you are the kettle, so I will reserve my comment regarding kill stories to "why advertise how dumb we can be?"

I am glad you like your car, and am not accusing you of trying to kill anyone. I just thought it was understood that we didn't post "kill stories" here.

Good luck, and be careful out there man

Philip

drew said:
You got any more questions: you let me know and we can take it offline.

Drew

Is that a threat?

I too used to be an officer, but as I have stated here before, there's a reason I got out of it, and there's a reason why people like you still hold on to it...

H-carWizKid said:
It was not my intention to condescend with my original post- I just thought Prime wasn't kill story friendly.

I just thought it was understood that we didn't post "kill stories" here.

Good luck, and be careful out there man

Philip

H-car,

my posts were not directed at you. You were only stating the obvious, which I was not aware of since I am pretty new to the forum.

My posts are directed at those who think they know more than everybody else without knowing the other person at all, and to those who think that their way is the only way...

Is that a threat?

It means that we are supposed to email each other in private and spare everybody from degenerating comments (see below)

I too used to be an officer,

Couldn't handle the professionalism or integrity. Which?

I recommend that you get yourself a MySpace account, your experiences are better appreciated there.

Drew

drew said:
It means that we are supposed to email each other in private and spare everybody from degenerating comments (see below)

Couldn't handle the professionalism or integrity. Which?

I recommend that you get yourself a MySpace account, your experiences are better appreciated there.

Drew

I didn't know you could email somebody "offline", must be something new.

"professionalism and integrity" are FAR from what I've found behind the blue wall. But I'm sure that's just where YOU belong... (robertlcasper at sbcglobal.net)

Last edited:
Back