• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My, NSX Red 97 now on M5's !

02+ or Advans?

• Keep the 02+ Wheels

Votes: 32 35.2%
  • Keep the Advan 5's Silver

Votes: 35 38.5%
  • Paint the Advan 5's Gun Metal

Votes: 24 26.4%

• Total voters
Oscar, love your car, always.

I'm always more inspired by motorsports, and I like the Advan 5's, so for me the perfect combo would be to have them refinished in gunmetal or even satin black. Silver looks too showroom plain.

Same comments goes to you too Synth!

^ Satin black looks terrible on this wheel Oyagi!

IMG_3485.jpg

I don't know if this is satin black, but it looks awesome to me.

Kinda like asking "which supermodel should I keep going out with?"

Sorry, Oscar, I prefer the gunmetal '02. It was "Oscar's signature look".

How about putting two M5 on the driver's side and two '02 on the passenger side? :biggrin::biggrin:

The silver wheels brighten up the red paint on the car. I say, nice job!

If your 02+ wheels were silver, they probably would have had a similar effect. I thought the dark wheels made the car look dark as well.

It's an internet argument over subjectives!!!

I normally don't mind black wheels but it totally washes out what makes the M5 special; which are the lines, the curves, the proportions.

It's like sleeping with a supermodel in the dark. I just wouldn't do it :biggrin:

hahahaha I agree and my own Model 5's are currently black... :biggrin:

For some colors that bright silver looks too "bright" I think gunmetal metallic is a great option whereas it still shows the curves, lines, and proportions :cool:

hahahaha I agree and my own Model 5's are currently black... :biggrin:

For some colors that bright silver looks too "bright" I think gunmetal metallic is a great option whereas it still shows the curves, lines, and proportions :cool:
but your car is green for crying out loud! it sort of works man.

I know nothing. Don't mind me!

hmmmmm ebony unicorns......

One can never go wrong with silver. That's why 99% of all stock wheels are silver. All other colors subject to preferences. I like my white wheels but other might think they are ricey which I also concur. I like the Advan 5 in silver. It's just a matter of preferences.
Steve

That black just turned the Supermodel into America's Next Top Model.

Black M5s = Fail in my book :(
I agree. Black wheels look ambiguous. They blend with the tires all together. Not only one could not tell the sizes of the wheels, the designs of the wheels also became very inconspicuous. At a glance, all black wheels look the same to me.
Steve

I agree. Black wheels look ambiguous. They blend with the tires all together. Not only one could not tell the sizes of the wheels, the designs of the wheels also became very inconspicuous. At a glance, all black wheels look the same to me.
Steve

Some of the world's top exotics are coming with black wheels from the factory. It has a much more aggressive look than silver. Furthmore, the style to have is to show what is UNDER your wheels and black wheels get out of the way and show that. Silver wheels draw attention to themselves and away from what is under them.

6F84860F-D35C-46A1-86F7-9CFE48A8A5FC-14576-00002713CC29B6D6.jpg

Aston-Martin-One-77-rear-2.jpg

C6CC0676-3CE7-4F7C-A638-346C4E97B4E2-14576-00002717D9257FCA.jpg

E5059769-30E7-4BAE-9AF2-CFB978B2EF4F-14576-0000271950D39DE0.jpg

Last edited:
Paint the Advan 5's gun metal and put on the black Acura center caps from your previous wheels. This will make your car super modern and really stand out. The black is too dark and does not stand out imho. Great looking whatever you choose.

Some of the world's top exotics are coming with black wheels from the factory. It has a much more aggressive look than silver. Furthmore, the style to have is to show what is UNDER your wheels and black wheels get out of the way and show that. Silver wheels draw attention to themselves and away from what is under them.

6F84860F-D35C-46A1-86F7-9CFE48A8A5FC-14576-00002713CC29B6D6.jpg

Aston-Martin-One-77-rear-2.jpg

C6CC0676-3CE7-4F7C-A638-346C4E97B4E2-14576-00002717D9257FCA.jpg

E5059769-30E7-4BAE-9AF2-CFB978B2EF4F-14576-0000271950D39DE0.jpg

As I said, it is about prreferences. The Lambo looks like a Hot Wheels Ghetto Edition. The Aston's wheels are a little better than the Lambo's but they are still "fails" to me. I would like black wheels if they have chrome or polished lips like the Porsche Fuchs wheels.
Steve

Back