• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Natalee Holloway -- KALPO BROS. ARRESTED!!!

Ski_Banker said:
They just busted Deepak and Satish!! :eek:

Ok, j/k. Made ya look. :biggrin:

POOR TASTE:wink:

Ski_Banker said:
Big fan of the Kalpo brothers are we? Rita Cosby? :wink:

No, just feel the family of Natalie has already been jerked around enough by the govt of Aruba, pretending to have a development is therfore in bad taste (imo).

Does anyone still think there is a chance in hell of justice ever being served in this case?

scorp965 said:
No, just feel the family of Natalie has already been jerked around enough by the govt of Aruba, pretending to have a development is therfore in bad taste (imo).

Does anyone still think there is a chance in hell of justice ever being served in this case?

I suppose it's not the highest class thing to post. Guess I just find humor in the fact that such an occurence (while very tragic) can capture a year's worth of media attention. Pretty sure the family wouldn't be reading this. :rolleyes:

As far as justice being served - I'm sure it has been already. To the owners of every business on an island whose economy is 90% tourism based, and to which Americans are refusing to travel.

Ski_Banker said:
I suppose it's not the highest class thing to post. Guess I just find humor in the fact that such an occurence (while very tragic) can capture a year's worth of media attention. Pretty sure the family wouldn't be reading this. :rolleyes:

As far as justice being served - I'm sure it has been already. To the owners of every business on an island whose economy is 90% tourism based, and to which Americans are refusing to travel.

Tell that to the family of the Holloways. You don't seem to have much respect for a family that has been completely jerked around by the media, Aruban government, and the stupid kids.

Ski_Banker said:

Lost tourist income makes up for nothing in my book. Someone was murdered!!!!

blackcat said:
Tell that to the family of the Holloways. You don't seem to have much respect for a family that has been completely jerked around by the media, Aruban government, and the stupid kids.

No, I'm not telling it to the Holloway's but my sincere condolences goes out to them for the tragedy. As I said before, pretty sure they aren't reading NSXPrime. And yes, it does appear that the Aruban government has completely botched the investigation (but I don't know that and neither do you). And yes, it is has been a media circus, in which I find humor - their are many many other newsworthy events that haven't been reported as a result of the public's fascination with this case. I will add, however, that the family has NOT been jerked around by the media - they have pressed this issue to the forefront of American news since day 1. Not a bad "tactic" to pressure the Aruban government in its investigation, BUT, it has come at the expense of an entire economy. That said, my condolences ALSO go out to the numerous small business owners on that island whose wellfare is at stake, as result of this 1) the unfortunate event and 2) the media's (and by extension, the family's) negative publicity.

steveny said:

Very true and very unfortunate. Let's demonize Aruba and see how many other innocent people can suffer as well? Perhaps economic sanctions against the Dutch will make everything better, eh? Show 'em "we're American, we hold the money, do as we say and make an arrest."

steveny said:

Really? Where is the body? Aruba is a reef island- they didn't bury her- hell they can't even bury their dead! they use above ground museleums like this

170522155KtuWGW_ph.jpg

(This is a cemetary in Aruba)

Do you believe that the Danish kid murdered her in a fit of passion, then became a criminal mastermind capable of hiding a body so well it hasn't been discovered after a year of searching by agencies including the American FBI?

Natalee Holloway is the Jimmy Hoffa of this century.

Everyone assumes she was murdered, but she could have befallen a number of horrific alternate fates. She may well be alive and serving as a sex slave in the third world somewhere.

Here is the lesson gleaned from this tragic media event. Don't let your 18 yr old daughter go to an adult playground in another country, under limited supervision. You wouldn't turn your 18 yr old loose in Vegas under those conditions would you?

What parents allow that?

I am not saying by ANY means that she deserved to have whatever happened to her happen, but dear lord people- she just graduated highschool-and she was in a foreign country- drinking in bars, and wandering off into the night with a stranger.

Now she is missing- not murdered- missing. When they have a body she was murdered- or maybe befell some strange accident.
She might have been lost at sea- the victim of a freak tide.
She may be a guest of some rich dude- relaxing in her own paradise,
She might be chained in a basement somewhere in Columbia.

We just don't know. What we do know is that she wandered off into the night with strangers- and now she is missing.

In the mean time, several peoples lives hang in the balance, a popular vacation spot is suffering loss of revenue, and the people who are ultimately responsible (parents) are the only benefactors of empathy at all.

How about this- prepare your kids for the world. The world is f-ing cruel, and some seriously messed up s--t happens in the third world. Teach your kids how to be safe out there.

******edited******

I reserve all other judgement until we have the facts surrounding the girls fate.

Last edited:
H-carWizKid said:
Really? Where is the body? Aruba is a reef island- they didn't bury her- hell they can't even bury their dead! they use above ground museleums like this
Do you believe that the Danish kid murdered her in a fit of passion, then became a criminal mastermind capable of hiding a body so well it hasn't been discovered after a year of searching by agencies including the American FBI?

Everyone assumes she was murdered, but she could have befallen a number of horrific alternate fates. She may well be alive and serving as a sex slave in the third world somewhere.

Here is the lesson gleaned from this tragic media event. Don't let your 18 yr old daughter go to an adult playground in another country, under limited supervision. You wouldn't turn your 18 yr old loose in Vegas under those conditions would you?

What parents allow that?

I am not saying by ANY means that she deserved to have whatever happened to her happen, but dear lord people- she just graduated highschool-and she was in a foreign country- drinking in bars, and wandering off into the night with a stranger.

Now she is missing- not murdered- missing. When they have a body she was murdered- or maybe befell some strange accident.

We just don't know. What we do know is that she wandered off into the night with strangers- and now she is missing.

In the mean time, several peoples lives hang in the balance, a popular vacation spot is suffering loss of revenue, and the people who are ultimately responsible (parents) are the only benefactors of empathy at all.

How about this- prepare your kids for the world. The world is f-ing cruel, and some seriously messed up s--t happens in the third world. Teach your kids how to be safe out there.

As you can see- I have no sympathy for a bunch of idiots who sent their own christian into the lions cage.

I reserve all other judgement until we have the facts surrounding the girls fate.
Several *very* good points were made in the above statements.... However, the bottom line is...... there is a family grieving and a young woman either dead or missing.... and to me, either is tragic.... regardless of how it all came about. :(

i'm with merm on this: some very good points made in your post.

however, as a parent of boys who are now 24 & 30 - both of whom participated in school activities - knowing where to let your child / controlling their activities after a certain point in their lives is extremely challenging.

(in this case, i believe there were chaperones on the trip, so from my point of view, there should have been more attention to their participation, etc).

were i the parent of a young lady asking for permission to go on such a trip, i would have either declined permission or attended with her and we'd have shared a potato sack... far too many horrible things in greater number awaiting innocents out there.

H-carWizKid said:

170522155KtuWGW_ph.jpg

(This is a cemetary in Aruba)

What parents allow that?

As you can see- I have no sympathy for a bunch of idiots who sent their own christian into the lions cage.

I agree almost completely....

Although I wouldn't go so far as to put blame on the parents. Thousands of teens vacation in such places without being harmed at all. Like you said, s--t happens.

Whether any of these points is valid or not is moot. Ski Banker showed extremely poor judgment in starting this thread. Where are the moderators to delete this?

You have no idea who is posting on here, or who might have had tragedy befall their families. There is absolutely zero humor in this story, no matter how you interpret it. Even if you have no other thought inside your head, please don't start a thread like this just for your own shits and giggles.

100's miles of water, what do you think???

LeftLane said:
You have no idea who is posting on here, or who might have had tragedy befall their families.

Prudent insight, LeftLane/Todd. A tragedy of this magnitude & lack of resolution/closure did befall on someone's family here, in our NSXPrime community! :frown:

NSXFreak00 said:
I agree almost completely....

Although I wouldn't go so far as to put blame on the parents. Thousands of teens vacation in such places without being harmed at all. Like you said, s--t happens.

I never dismissed the tragedy as "S--t happens" I said "The world is f-ing cruel, and some seriously messed up s--t happens in the third world. Teach your kids how to be safe out there."

"Sh--t happens" is something you say about your car getting rained on the day after you wax it. It is not applicable to a beautiful teeneged girl being disappeared in the midst of a modern paradise.

Sorry- the context is important to me. I don't want to be seen as "totally insensitive".

For my critics-

OK- I don't think Natalie deserves this fate (whatever it may be) and I don't wish any suffering on her parents. It truly is tragic that this happened.

Teenagers are difficult to deal with (I was one, trust me I remember) but I think a little prudence on the part of the parents (like queenlives suggested), and the chaparones would have been preventative, and this girl wouldn't be an international news story.
Maybe a little evaluation on the theme of the whole trip? What again was the purpose of this "school function"?

But hindsight is 20/20...

I hope that other parents, and school administrators are seeing this as an eye opener to evaluate the opportunites they provide for this sort of tragedy to occur. I hope teenagers see it as a reality check that foreign countries are no place to forget about your personal safety.

Regretably- both these potential results come from a yet unsolved tragedy.

The question becomes who takes the blame? Do you continue beating the dead horse of the suspects they keep grabbing, and releasing? Surely they would have cracked by now, we aren't talking about professional espionage agents- we are talking about a couple of scared kids- Yet there is no confession- even after interrogation assisted by our own FBI.

Something is amiss. By now any other leads are grey, and the unfortunate victim is still a victim, who does not know peace.

Very sad

oh, and BTW- SkiBanker- not a very good thread to start under the pretenses that it was started. Hopefully we classed it up a bit for the sake of our community. I speak for myself alone when i say that fun is fun, but poking at this sort of thing is a little darker than I think most folks care to go.

Just my .02

Philip

Back