• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help....radiator coolant tank keeps sizzling

whats going on guys, I have not been on the forum for quite some time now. I have a problem with my 00 NSX. After a 20 min drive, with the window roll down, i can smell coolant. I decided to stop and take a look at my coolant reservoir and notice that radiator fluid is leaking from the top through the cap. I went to Acura dealership and brought a new reservoir cap and the car still does the same thing. The car does not over heat. There is no other coolant leak i can find. Any input or suggestion will be appreciated. The car went through a major turn up consisting of:

Timing belt
all other belts
valve cover gasket
water pump
thermostat
front camshaft seals and other seals
oil pan gasket

look for a small crack just under the cap on the plastic tank. (common problem)

So today, I went and checked my coolant reservoir and did not find any small crack where you directed me. Any other suggestion?? Thanks

I had a crack in mine where the two halves are joined together, it was a small one as well. You could always start the car up and get it warm and take a look to see where it is seeping out from.

Thanks Rope. i will tried that tomorrow. I also noticed that earlier today, I warm the car up for 15 minutes and had the heater on full and notice the fan did not come on. I then blast the ac on full and still, the fan did not come on. But when i manually tested the fan to the battery it worked. so i pretty sure it's not the fan that is bad.

I'll bet you a dollar it's your reservoir that's leaking coolant. It's fairly inexpensive (around $100) and at 14 years old, it's due for replacement anyway. Whatever the issue is, please report back when it's fixed!

Sounds like a leak in the seam. Common problem- those plastic tanks don't last much past 10 years on the NSX. I recommend replacing it with every coolant hose service.

Back