• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NEED HELP SO CAL!! Shop got broken into, parts missing!! $1000 REWARD!!

I'm feeling like crap right now.. I'm Ken by the way, barely picked up my NSX in January and started working on it.. But here's the story:

My shop got broken into a couple of hours ago, they tore down the front door and took my brand new rims & tires that I just got for my NSX and my computer. PLEASE if anyone knows anyone or knows anything to do with this, please let me know. The rims are Iforged Revs, 18x8 & 19x10 black with a polished lip. They have 215/35ZR18 Nitto NT555's on front and 275/30ZR19 Nitto NT555's in the rear. They're all brand new with stickers still attached. My NSX is in the bodyshop for the bodykit install, paint, and o2 conversion. I was supposed to get the car back this Wednesday to install the rims. I waited over 2 months for the rims to be custom made and now, they are stolen. I am offering a $1000 reward for anyone with any information. I will give you the $1000 even if I dont get my rims and computer back. I just want to find these guys..

My shop is located in Irwindale on Arrow Highway by the 210 and 605 freeways around the corner from Irwindale Speedway.

My front door was torn down so I'm forced to spend the night here until tomorrow when I can get it fixed. Please pass the word on about these stolen rims. If anyone hears about it and can help me find out who these jerks are, I would really appreciate it and be happy to give you the money.

This is what the rims look like:
iforgedrev.jpg

Here's their getaway van: (notice the crown-like logo)
getaway3.jpg

getaway4.jpg

I appreciate your help! THANKS FOR READING..

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that buddy...... some cameras and a burglar alarm should help deter any future crimes.

ediddynsx said:
Sorry to hear that buddy...... some cameras and a burglar alarm should help deter any future crimes.

We do have an alarm. What business doesn't? They just broke the door down, grabbed what they wanted and booked it. They grabbed the rims and comp and left the cash box, so they were in a rush to get out of there once they heard the alarm.

So sorry and angry!

Sounds like they:

A. knew you had the rims
B. knew where you had them
C. Knew when you wouldn't be there
D. Were only after the rims

Does this narrow down your possibilities some? Someone at the tire or rim shop? Place where your NSX was being worked on? Anyway, good luck and we'll keep our eyes out for them...they are distinctive!

Send a picture to all the ACURA dealers and shops around. Someone will spot 'em. Take care and God bless.

AZNSX98
Dean

jdmsoarer said:
We do have an alarm. What business doesn't? They just broke the door down, grabbed what they wanted and booked it. They grabbed the rims and comp and left the cash box, so they were in a rush to get out of there once they heard the alarm.

oops well I guess you better those security gates put over the doors. :redface:

well, atleast no one got hurt...

Sorry to hear of that, seems possibly there might be more to it as aforementioned above (ie. wheels taken only, etc'...). Do you have insurance for the shop/property? Credit card protection for transaction? I was somewhat in anticipation of Scuderio Rosso NSX to make it's presence on 'Prime soon... :frown:

It'd be worthwhile to get the word out to as many import/car/racing forums & tuner shops in the SoCal community regarding the wheels. Not alot of rides can take a staggered setup (width & diameter) and the NSX offset.

Contact the vendor/seller or iForged & get the wheel SN# also, so you can post that too. And don't forget to state the exact wheel model & size/offset along w/ the finish. But the finish can be altered/changed, remember to emphasize that!!!

Grrr...

Monday Morning QB...

1. www.geeks.com & get a few security cameras & recorders.
2. Give a pooch a second chance, goto the pound or animal shelter & get yourself a shop-mutt.
3. If you didn't have insurance, now get some.

Goodluck!

Hey Ken,

Sorry to hear what happened. I'm thinking whoever did it is quite familiar with the shop. Make sure check ebay regularly. I'll keep an eye on your stuffs.
I hope the police catch those D*MN crooks!:mad:

I just wish you have insurance and Osiris is right - most credit cards covers theft and damage to merchandise - hopefully you did use your credit card to purchase those items?

Thanks alot guys..

Yeah, my insurance policy should cover it but they're giving me the run around right now. I keep getting an answering machine from the agent that is supposed to handle this claim. As for purchasing the items, I paid cash to Iforged when I picked it up so the CC idea won't work here.

I spoke with my property manager and they said I can not put up any type of security gates behind the door/windows. We actually have our neighbor's surveillance tape and the burglar's van was in it for about 2 seconds. They seemed to know that the camera was there. I'm pretty sure that the burglars are one of my customers that have noticed the rims sitting there. The rims were only there for about 3 days before they were stolen. There were about 20 customers within those 3-4 days that complimented my rims and asked a few details about it such as, "what kind of rims are they? What car is it for?"

As for the body shop that is working on my car, the owner is a good friend of mine and I'm sure he wouldn't do it and I know most of his employees and they're really cool people. And as for the tire shop that installed the tires onto my rims, its my brother's shop. So it pretty much narrows it down to one of my walk-in customers.

I've posted similar threads to this one on a few local and So Cal car forums. I've also posted links to this thread on alot of forums and private pages on MySpace. I've checked Craigslist, Recycler, and ebaY also and haven't seen these posted anywhere yet. I'm sure they won't use them on their own car and will eventually sell them. There's not too many cars that use this size set up anyway and the thieves probably thought otherwise. Sooner or later, someone will recognize these wheels. I already placed a new order for a new set of Iforged wheels already. If I ever do recover them, I'll probably post them up on here for cheap since you guys helped me out with it!

As for an update on my car.. I decided not to do a complete color change as of yet. The proccess will take too long and I thought it would be okay to keep it black for now since theres a fellow a few blocks from me that has a red NSX. Maybe widebody and color change in the future though. I was so excited thinking my NSX will be complete this week, but since the rims are now gone, I'm not looking forward to getting my car back from the shop just yet. I'm currently looking for a set of used wheels to use temporarily in the next month or so before my new Iforged wheels are made. So if anyone has any 17/18 or 18/19 wheel set ups for sale at a good deal, I'll be interested!

Thanks again guys.. If you guys ever need help, you can always come my way!

Inside job.... not necessarily someone close to you. Someone who has cased or has been to your shop on a few occasions.

Danny. RED SR 71
REPEAL V.C. 22351
:smile: :biggrin: :wink: :eek:

I would think with a clear shot of the logo, the police should be able to track down that truck. If they put that picture out on the news for example, like when 7-11 gets held up (may not be a large enough crime though) someone would know that truck.

Don't bet on the police for recovering stolen property.

Theft is the number one crime for a reason, they get away with it most of the time.

It happened to me twice at the restaurant. I had the guy's picture dead on my camera, blew it up, sent to Police.

It has been 6 months since that incident.

Stick-e-rice said:
Don't bet on the police for recovering stolen property.

Theft is the number one crime for a reason, they get away with it most of the time.

It happened to me twice at the restaurant. I had the guy's picture dead on my camera, blew it up, sent to Police.

It has been 6 months since that incident.

Yeah, sorry to hear about your restaurant. Its true though, thats why I don't bother giving the police any pictures of video of the thieves. I would have a better chance finding these guys by myself through friends and internet posts than by giving the case to the cops.

anyway.. I picked up some HRE's to replace the Iforged wheels.. Car is still not done yet, not even close to being done, but here's a preview of what's to come:

nsx.jpg

Of course you can! I'm sitting on stock wheels again right now though.. I purchased these wheels off a fellow member and he said he didn't know they were bent and leaking air.. I was driving and realized I was sitting on the rim and damaged the tire!! I sent them out to get fixed and to powdercoat black and should be getting them back by the end of this week...

I got over the loss and don't care anymore. I'm just waiting for my check from my insurance... It would be nice to have these guys caught though..

Did you make a police report on this?

I think you should because someday in the future, you find the ahole and then the police can go over his house and arrest him?

I don't think you should give up. Catch these crooks! They are the lowest scum on this Earth.

Damn that sucks...your shop isnt too far from us and the Ferrari picture is was taken at our shop....if we see anything like that rolling around I'll let you know.....

Back