• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need to make my car louder!

I'd like to do this on the cheap, so changing exhausts is out of the question right now.

I removed the oem intake resonator, and it did get louder, but will it be louder or quieter with a downforce intake scoop. I'm not looking for horsepower, just noises.

You can try test pipes, I added the DF scoop after my test pipes and exhaust (super loud exhaust) so if the scoop made the intake sound any louder I wouldn't know as my exhaust would drown the sound of gunshots, but I have read it does make it louder.

???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSOSJ68xOBA

Seems, well, rather "ricer" to want to make your car louder for the sake of making it louder. I suggest saving your pennies and investing in a Pride exhaust system. With cat deletes, I absolutely love the sound of my car. Louder, definitely, but perfect. It is subtle under normal driving conditions, but open it up and it really makes some noise.

If you wanna be on the total cheap then put a small spacer between your cat & the exhaust piping. Too big of a spacer will make it too loud and sound like crap. However, a small enough spacer will give u an exhaust sound. I was broke in college and could not afford an exhaust, but by using this trick people would assume I'm running some kind of exhaust.. lol.

Make you car louder on the cheap? Maybe you can do these:

Remove engine cover
Remove intake snorkel
Unifilter or K&N drop in
Testpipes

Or bite the bullet and save up for a proper exhaust, headers and test pipes.

Don't go ghetto fabulous with the car, it is not a 95 civic hatch back. Save up and build it right.

want it louder then take the cats off.... look inside there is a screen use a long screwdriver and pierce the screen or jab anything thick into it till it gives way then you have a cheap high flow cats

but there is not going back as it done after that.

- - - Updated - - -

its will be loud as shit

take 5 topps baseball cards ..tape them together..then tape that to the brake calipers such that they rub on the wheel spokes.:biggrin:

take 5 topps baseball cards ..tape them together..then tape that to the brake calipers such that they rub on the wheel spokes.:biggrin:

Hahahahahahaha, brought a smile to my face as I pictured it

Some funny suggestions :)

I'm not going for 'rice' and there is nothing wrong with wanting the car to be louder just for the sake of it. I have a Comptech exhaust currently but was just wondering what options I have to make it a bit louder without having to go buy another exhaust again. I think I'll give the test pipes a go thanks!

Easiest way to make it louder and without cost is just to remove the muffler section all together. Simple 6 bolts and unhook from the rubber hangers.
Not only that, but you'll lose 45lbs of extra weight. Win Win! :tongue:

make mine apple....ala mode.

Headers!!! And just don't run a exhaust... Or run 2 15 inch subs

maybe i'm deaf. It didn't notice that much of a difference with Test pipes and oem exhaust. I put the cats back on because the rear bumper got dusty quicker

You could always drill a couple of holes before the muffler. Don't like the sound? Weld them back up!

BTW: did you get your clutch fixed up Imran?

Yup clutch is fixed, went with an SOS 275. Also got the water pump and timing belt done along with a laundry list of seals and gaskets. Car feels great! Tracked it at Shannonville yesterday.

The only exhaust i have heard that is louder at wot, quiet at cruise, and DOES NOT DRONE is the Fujitsubo. Apparently the ARC Ti is similar but I have never heard it in person. All other aftermarket mufflers for the NSX have this annoying hollow drone between 2000 and 3000 rpm on part throttle and lift off. Even the CT. It drives me nuts on the highway, which is why I have OEM.

The only exhaust i have heard that is louder at wot, quiet at cruise, and DOES NOT DRONE is the Fujitsubo. Apparently the ARC Ti is similar but I have never heard it in person. All other aftermarket mufflers for the NSX have this annoying hollow drone between 2000 and 3000 rpm on part throttle and lift off. Even the CT. It drives me nuts on the highway, which is why I have OEM.

I don't think my Taitec GT-102 Inconel is like that at 2k-3k, but I'll check it after work tonight on my way home.
It definitely doesn't drone at all like the GTLW, but it does have a slight bit of farty noises if you bog it down from a stop though (700-1500 rpm).
It's also super quiet at cruise, does get louder at WOT but probably not loud enough for most. If the stock NSX muffler is a 4 in WOT sound, then the 1st Gen Comptech is a 4.5 and the GT-102 is a 5.5. GTLW would be a 7.5 to 8 in my book at WOT.

Back