• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New 1996 NSX Build

I dont remember the name but they were 450 with pads,

E-Line or Power Brake I forget

Ok guys got alot done today, all rotors, and replaced all 5 studs on the passengerside.

since the rims are getting refinished and will be done thursday I have no way to test drive the car so.....

I put on my old fat 5's

then i test drove the car got it up to 55mph drove fine

it needs an alignment

take the mirrors off both doors, align the panels a little better as the paint guys can do a better job than I can.

and off to get painted. its getting to the end here guys

waiting on the rear lower valance, its getting primed first before I install it.

2012-07-21_15-10-30_613.jpg

and here is a 1996 with the ugliest rims Honda ever made.

2012-07-21_15-12-46_49.jpg

Last edited:
Ok guys did a little this morning but then it started raining ughhh

added the 02+ rear valance its gonna look so good when painted

2012-07-28_09-25-18_578.jpg

2012-07-28_09-25-37_543.jpg

2012-07-28_09-59-21_294.jpg

2012-07-28_09-59-33_953.jpg

Last edited:
oh yeah i picked up the re-finished rims from the shop
they look showroom. I am gonna take mine to them to do.

new tires and she is getting closer and closer to the end.

2012-07-26_14-09-46_257.jpg

well atleast someone likes my build threads LOL

very little interest these days, they would rather post comments
on ugly new rims or someone painting their brake calipers purple
than a very hard rebuild.

people lose interest if its not built in 3 thread pages or less.

LOL no love for a reborn NSX, its ok the owner of this NSX is very happy with how its turning out thats all that really matters right.:smile:

yesterday I lined up 90% of the panels from the passengerside to the rear to the driver door, then problems found me LOL
the driver fender I got off ebay was to badly bent up
so I need to find one or pony up and buy one from the dealer for 1000.
uggg. cannot go to paint till I have this fender. I am sweating bullets right now. no leads and nothing on ebay. even though there were like 5 a few weeks ago. I heard someone is buying up all the used body panels to keep in stock. so if you corner the market you can charge anything you want.

I will try and work on her today see if i can bash the shit outta this fender and see if I can make it work.

wish me luck

False! I for one am strongly in favor of reborn NSXs and admire your work no matter how long it takes. Take the time to do it right :)

I've been in steath/ninja mode.... hiding in the shadow's check'n in when I see some new post.

But I have kept pretty quite. More just waiting to watch the progress of a master craftsman at work. :cool:

It is coming along nicely and the wheels look great.

- Rod

You learned well from your Dad. Congratulations on the new shop and best of luck. But with your determination and passion, I doubt you will need much luck.

Ok since I needed a new front fender I just ordered it , and had to next day it uggghh lol if i didnt nextday it it would arrive friday

so should be off to paint friday and then re-install the carpet, and interior leather parts, a good interior cleaning and the last step is put those bad ass new rims on. test drive it, and ship back to owner.

all in a days work.

oh yeah was saving this for another thread but I put down a deposit
on my next project, a 2004 Silverstone NSX has some damage but so totally fixable. not sure if I am gonna do a build thread on it but I am sure I will LOL.

pics soon guys.

Hang in there Shawn, I think your work speaks for itself.
Perhaps many of the other Primers like me who are either (or both) new or not mechanically inclined, the "Builds" section isn't one they frequent. There isn't anything I can tell you that is going to be of much use. I got so much help from the forums when I was shopping for my NSX that I want to spend most of my time giving back by helping out the next round of prospective owners. If I am going to check out this section more often its just to watch an already good NSX become great. Perhaps I can get an idea for something I want to try on mine. Seeing a banged up NSX try to come back from the dead, while cool, can also be a little hard to watch too.
But your frustration is valid. Perhaps we new or mechanically challenged primers can help. Sometimes just by showing our interest in your work we can help keep you motivated by giving you the occasional pat on the back and simply let you know we're here and we're impressed.
This has been a fun build to watch unfold and I'll spend more time on this section helping out my more mechanically talented primers with some moral support for their amazing and challenging efforts.
Keep up the good work Shawn. I'm sure there are many others who can't wait to see this ugly duckling turn back into a swan.

now see thats what I call modivation LOL

just last night I sold my 2004 headers to another member in NY
SinisteR_NSX and he text me
" I admire your work rebuilding the NSX "

so a total stranger tells me this make you feel good inside LOL

I will always have modivation to rebuild NSX as my love for them is very deep.

thanks for the praise guys means alot to me trust me, the NSX community
keeps me going and without NSXPRIME I wouldnt be as modivated as I am.

Shawn this build thread has almost 10,000 views. Even if people don't post, you're getting a lot of viewer traffic. Rest assured, your work here is admired and appreciated. What you are learning about the car can become a very marketable skill as our beloved NSX's age. I think you should do some apprentice time with LarryB or others to learn the engine/mechanical side of things and you can start running your own NSX shop service.

well atleast someone likes my build threads LOL

very little interest these days, they would rather post comments
on ugly new rims or someone painting their brake calipers purple
than a very hard rebuild.

people lose interest if its not built in 3 thread pages or less.
Not true at all, Shawn. I for one am subscribed to all your build threads and read every single new post, but do not always reply as I do not want to clog up your threads with useless responses. Rest assured that we are very interested in your builds, however. :smile:

on my next project, a 2004 Silverstone NSX has some damage but so totally fixable. not sure if I am gonna do a build thread on it but I am sure I will LOL.

pics soon guys.
That's awesome! :cool: Looking forward to the details of that build.
icon14.gif

Ok since I needed a new front fender I just ordered it , and had to next day it uggghh lol if i didnt nextday it it would arrive friday

so should be off to paint friday and then re-install the carpet, and interior leather parts, a good interior cleaning and the last step is put those bad ass new rims on. test drive it, and ship back to owner.

all in a days work.

pics soon guys.

Nice!! Any pics?? Did you ever sell your other Silverstone, or do you still have it?

pics soon guys.

Please make another build thread. I love reading them after spending time working at a body shop myself several years ago. Even though I don't own an NSX yet, I spend a lot of time admiring them and learning everything about them inside and out. Since 2004, most of my interest and comments has been in the build section of the site.

I'm looking forward to seeing this red one completed and your next project started.

thanks guys,

well about my next NSX its a member that wants to remain anounomous
and when i get the car I have to take certain parts off to hide the way it looks in such a way
as to not give away who's car it use to be.

thats all I can say. I respect people privacy.

as this 1996 build I am doing the owner can remain silent
its not my place to tell secrets LOL but if he wants to say hey this is my car thats his biz ya know

when people know you will respect their privacy then you get more business for future adventures:smile:

thanks guys,

well about my next NSX its a member that wants to remain anounomous
and when i get the car I have to take certain parts off to hide the way it looks in such a way
as to not give away who's car it use to be.

thats all I can say. I respect people privacy.

as this 1996 build I am doing the owner can remain silent
its not my place to tell secrets LOL but if he wants to say hey this is my car thats his biz ya know

when people know you will respect their privacy then you get more business for future adventures:smile:

We can all appreciate your secrecy, however isn't this akin to washing a title. If the 1996 you are fixing now wasn't paid for by the insurance company, isn't that hiding the damage from the public in the future who may be interested in buy the car. It's not like you've discovered the cure for cancer. We've all wrecked cars at one point in our life.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work. One question though; Have you ever had any formal training in autobody or general automotive repairs? If not, it's incredible that you've been able to teach yourself how to do these repairs.

DOCL no I dont wash titles LOL if its a wreck then its totalled or salvaged.
no getting around that LOL

Yeah I don't think body shops report repairs to databases like carfax and autocheck. I've seen insurance companies, government entities, and dealers report items to those databases, but not auto shops.

Yeah I don't think body shops report repairs to databases like carfax and autocheck. I've seen insurance companies, government entities, and dealers report items to those databases, but not auto shops.
It's not even that cut and dry. My Mazdaspeed Protege has been repaired four times now and the only item that shows up on CarFax is the first repair which was a parking lot ding with the previous owner. All of my incidents went through insurance and none of them show up on CarFax.

Back